PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson - Hustling with Vivica A. Fox! [[Podcast)

test

marv2
05-12-2020, 05:41 AM
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hustling-with-vivica-a-fox/id1500809793

milven
05-12-2020, 10:47 AM
These interviews with Mary always get to the relationship of Diana and their relationship. It is almost as if the interviewer is more interested in that relationship than Mary. Perhaps Mary should put in a stipulation to discuss Mary and her career rather than Mary and her relationship to Diana, who she refers to as her sister and they are still friends but each now stays in their own lane.

After saying that, Mary, who lives in Vegas, was asked if she attended Diana's show in Vegas last year. Mary said that she really didn't because she doesn't want to make Diana feel uncomfortable. That answer shocked the interviewer. Mary continued and said that "when you know your friends and you know what makes them happy and you know what makes them upset, why make them upset? I'm not that kind of person".

The interviewer did not follow up that answer by asking why would Mary's sitting in the audience would upset Diana? That was a lost opportunity. The interviewer also asked about a subsequent re-union. It seems to be a requisite to ask these questions of Mary in an interview.

This interview was recent and was done in during our lock down. I listened to the whole interview and it was very different than her usually manic interviews. She was relaxed, stayed on topic, and didn't ramble from one story to another.

This interview was much more like the way she talks to you in person, rather than the many manic interviews that she has given over the past few years. Now if she would only stop mentioning that repetitious "wig story and Princess Margaret" all would be perfect :D

monicarivers
05-12-2020, 11:15 AM
These interviews with Mary always get to the relationship of Diana and their relationship. It is almost as if the interviewer is more interested in that relationship than Mary. Perhaps Mary should put in a stipulation to discuss Mary and her career rather than Mary and her relationship to Diana, who she refers to as her sister and they are still friends but each now stays in their own lane.

After saying that, Mary, who lives in Vegas, was asked if she attended Diana's show in Vegas last year. Mary said that she really didn't because she doesn't want to make Diana feel uncomfortable. That answer shocked the interviewer. Mary continued and said that "when you know your friends and you know what makes them happy and you know what makes them upset, why make them upset? I'm not that kind of person".

The interviewer did not follow up that answer by asking why would Mary's sitting in the audience would upset Diana? That was a lost opportunity. The interviewer also asked about a subsequent re-union. It seems to be a requisite to ask these questions of Mary in an interview.

This interview was recent and was done in during our lock down. I listened to the whole interview and it was very different than her usually manic interviews. She was relaxed, stayed on topic, and didn't ramble from one story to another.

This interview was much more like the way she talks to you in person, rather than the many manic interviews that she has given over the past few years. Now if she would only stop mentioning that repetitious "wig story and Princess Margaret" all would be perfect :D

When the highlight of your 60+ career is the ten years you spent working alongside one of the greats, of course they’re going to ask whereas someone like Diana, who has had a very successful solo career, acting career, sold out concerts around the world, etc. isn’t going to be asked about people she sang with 50 years ago. Lol.

Circa 1824
05-12-2020, 12:06 PM
She needs to give the Princess Margaret story a rest. It is boring the first time one hears it, let alone the hundredth time. Does she need to brag about the number is square feet in her house? Who gives a f*uck? Most only want to hear about Diana Ross.

Regarding a Supremes reunion question, it is NOT up to Diana. It can never happen because Cindy is never going to be able to do it. Diana and Mary are equally responsible for destroying the dream of all fans with RTL. That train left the station and crashed. Opportunity knocks but once. And, now, no promoter wanting to make money would be interested in a Ross and Wilson reunion.

monicarivers
05-12-2020, 12:15 PM
She needs to give the Princess Margaret story a rest. It is boring the first time one hears it, let alone the hundredth time. Does she need to brag about the number is square feet in her house? Who gives a f*uck? Most only want to hear about Diana Ross.

Or how about she talk about the Supremes without mentioning any other names and then talk about her current performing situation [[sans COVID, of course) and her family. I don’t know what the Princess Margaret story is but probably don’t want to hear it.

Roberta75
05-12-2020, 01:24 PM

Gld to hear it was a good interview and yep that Princess Margaret story with the high pierced real bad english accent makes me cringe. Do you have a link to the interview please Milven? Thanks my dear.

luke
05-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Quite a substantial interview Marv. Thanks. Vivica Fox is sure a Mary fan!

milven
05-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Gld to hear it was a good interview and yep that Princess Margaret story with the high pierced real bad english accent makes me cringe. Do you have a link to the interview please Milven? Thanks my dear.

Well, at least she didn't do her Ave Maria bit !! :)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/supreme-legendary-singer-mary-wilson-on-motown-race/id1500809793?i=1000473854744

floyjoy678
05-12-2020, 02:20 PM

Regarding a Supremes reunion question, it is NOT up to Diana. It can never happen because Cindy is never going to be able to do it. Diana and Mary are equally responsible for destroying the dream of all fans with RTL. That train left the station and crashed. Opportunity knocks but once. And, now, no promoter wanting to make money would be interested in a Ross and Wilson reunion.

Any dream of a reunion of the Supremes died in 1976 along with Florence Ballard.

marv2
05-12-2020, 03:48 PM
Quite a substantial interview Marv. Thanks. Vivica Fox is sure a Mary fan!

You're most welcome Luke! I remember Vivica and Mary worked together on the film "Golden Shoes" a few years back.

marv2
05-12-2020, 03:49 PM
Any dream of a reunion of the Supremes died in 1976 along with Florence Ballard.

Everyone is getting old anyway. LOL!

jim aka jtigre99
05-13-2020, 09:34 AM
A very nice interview. It does touch on a number of things that she has said before in interviews. It is nice that she is regarded as legendary,which she is. She said she is answering questions for the NY Times.

Circa 1824
05-13-2020, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=milven;576090]Well, at least she didn't do her Ave Maria bit !! :)

Amen ! She tells the same stale bits in every interview. And, I doubt any of them are true.

marv2
05-13-2020, 05:54 PM
Vivica Fox put up a little teaser to the show here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzQPfQNiCBM

marv2
05-13-2020, 05:56 PM
Here is another listening option, Google podcasts:

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vaHVzdGxp bmd3aXRodml2aWNh&ved=0CAUQrrcFahcKEwjItaPQ57HpAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQBQ