PDA

View Full Version : Jean Terrell - Everything To Me!

test

marv2
05-06-2020, 05:39 PM
This great song by Jean Terrell I first heard in 1995:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vf8Pwc3L0E

gman
05-06-2020, 11:36 PM
Loved this one....and Too Many Memories....both recorded for Ian Levine's Motorcity project. I loved the first recorded FLO's line up....I dropped way back after Jean departed. I got the JSL FLO's CD Baby Love [[with the artwork of a rose in an upturned hand) in a discount store that had a bevy of budget label Motorcity stuff back in the very early 90's. A few years earlier, I snagged an individually sold 5 volume Motorcity Dance Party set...I believe it was the Quality label...each one has 15 mixed artist Motorcity cuts....many in 12" length...the newly composed stuff is great....and there are quite a few good remakes by the original artists, and many Motown artist cover Motown classics remakes....first time for me hearing Liz Lands, Carolyn Crawford, Hattie Littles, Frankie Gaye and quite a few more....glad I got it!

marv2
05-06-2020, 11:49 PM
Loved this one....and Too Many Memories....both recorded for Ian Levine's Motorcity project. I loved the first recorded FLO's line up....I dropped way back after Jean departed. I got the JSL FLO's CD Baby Love [[with the artwork of a rose in an upturned hand) in a discount store that had a bevy of budget label Motorcity stuff back in the very early 90's. A few years earlier, I snagged an individually sold 5 volume Motorcity Dance Party set...I believe it was the Quality label...each one has 15 mixed artist Motorcity cuts....many in 12" length...the newly composed stuff is great....and there are quite a few good remakes by the original artists, and many Motown artist cover Motown classics remakes....first time for me hearing Liz Lands, Carolyn Crawford, Hattie Littles, Frankie Gaye and quite a few more....glad I got it!

I loved this song too. Jean sings it so effortlessly like she could have been doing her nails or baking a pie at the time. Still, she sounds so great. I have the opportunity to see all of the artists [[with the exception of just a few like Liz Lands) perform live while they were working with Motorcity Records. I met and talked with Ian Levine also. Those FLOS CDs could be found near the check out counter and the supermarkets on Long Island back in the 90s.

marv2
05-07-2020, 04:29 PM

"Too Many Memories" was nice, but sounded a bit dated to me at the time.