PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson - Show Me

test

marv2
04-29-2020, 06:53 PM
This is clearly an unfinished demo. The question we have is who is the male singer duetting with her on it? Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nARfgUepsXc

detmotownguy
04-29-2020, 09:14 PM
This is clearly an unfinished demo. The question we have is who is the male singer duetting with her on it? Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nARfgUepsXc

Thanks Marv. Def has a catchy tune and def has/had potential.

marv2
04-29-2020, 09:39 PM
Thanks Marv. Def has a catchy tune and def has/had potential.

You're most welcome DET. I like it too. I would love to hear a finished version of this song. I also would love to hear the songs Mary recorded with Dionne Warwick in Brazil. I've heard the one she did with that Brazilian girl group.

Ollie9
04-30-2020, 09:43 AM
You're most welcome DET. I like it too. I would love to hear a finished version of this song. I also would love to hear the songs Mary recorded with Dionne Warwick in Brazil. I've heard the one she did with that Brazilian girl group.

Never heard of this. Do you know how many songs she recorded in in Brazil?. It seems Mary has quite a diverse body of work few know about.

marv2
04-30-2020, 09:46 AM
Never heard of this. Do you know how many songs she recorded in in Brazil?. It seems Mary has quite a diverse body of work few know about.

I am not sure of the number of songs she recorded in Brasil. The one she did with the girl group is on Youtube. One of the songs she recorded with Dionne Warwick is called "The Heartbreak of Love".

jim aka jtigre99
04-30-2020, 10:16 AM
Yes, that clearly is an unfinished demo. I can't say that it is one of my favorites that she has recorded,though. Still, nice to hear things I have never heard before.

Ollie9
04-30-2020, 11:37 AM
I am not sure of the number of songs she recorded in Brasil. The one she did with the girl group is on Youtube. One of the songs she recorded with Dionne Warwick is called "The Heartbreak of Love".

I’ve always thought Mary’s voice would have been perfect for this song. It’s right up her street. Has it ever been officially confirmed that she actually recorded this song with Dionne?. If so, i wonder why Dionne recorded it again with June Pointer?.
I think many of the duets on Reservations For Two” would have suited Marys voice particularly well.
The album is probably my favourite of Dionne's.

marv2
04-30-2020, 11:52 AM
I’ve always thought Mary’s voice would have been perfect for this song. It’s right up her street. Has it ever been officially confirmed that she actually recorded this song with Dionne?. If so, i wonder why Dionne recorded it again with June Pointer?.
I think many of the duets on Reservations For Two” would have suited Marys voice particularly well.
The album is probably my favourite of Dionne's.

Yeah both Mary and Dionne spoke about it on this guy's talk show back in the 90s. I can't remember his name. Maybe they recorded it with June because Mary did not have a contract at the time.

Ollie9
04-30-2020, 03:19 PM
Yeah both Mary and Dionne spoke about it on this guy's talk show back in the 90s. I can't remember his name. Maybe they recorded it with June because Mary did not have a contract at the time.

I guess that could be the reason. It does see strange it has never turned up anywhere.

marv2
05-01-2020, 03:10 PM
I guess that could be the reason. It does see strange it has never turned up anywhere.

I am almost certain that it will turn up sooner or later.

marv2
05-01-2020, 03:25 PM
Here's one of the songs she recorded with Brazilian group, "As Sublimes":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=IlcbAUHP1U8&feature=emb_logo

Ollie9
05-01-2020, 03:54 PM
Here's one of the songs she recorded with Brazilian group, "As Sublimes":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=IlcbAUHP1U8&feature=emb_logo

Nice cool jazz vibe. I wish it was a Mary solo, but it sounds like all the girls can sing.

marv2
05-01-2020, 04:45 PM
Nice cool jazz vibe. I wish it was a Mary solo, but it sounds like all the girls can sing.

It does have that "Kool Jazz" vibe to it. Mary would have sounded great on this solo, I agree.