PDA

View Full Version : The Way It Was – Flo Ballard, 1969

test

marv2
04-28-2020, 12:01 AM
Published today, April 27, 2020:

https://www.hourdetroit.com/art-and-entertainment/flo-ballard-detroit-the-supremes/

RanRan79
04-28-2020, 02:50 PM
Always nice to see Flo remembered, but what was the point of the article? More regurgitation of the myth that Diana didn't want Flo to sing and most of the article was how bad a life Florence had. I hate these kinds of pieces, written to satisfy the desires of the morbid. Flo still can't get no respect even when someone is attempting to give her some. Geez.

monicarivers
04-28-2020, 02:55 PM
There’s a reason this forum is sometimes known as “Mournful Detroit” in certain circles. Consider the source. I had a similar reaction Ran. There’s absolutely nothing new here - more exploitation of “Saint Flo, The Martyr”, a sad wish by some for a sad lady who dared to dream.

marv2
04-29-2020, 10:22 AM
Always nice to see Flo remembered, but what was the point of the article? More regurgitation of the myth that Diana didn't want Flo to sing and most of the article was how bad a life Florence had. I hate these kinds of pieces, written to satisfy the desires of the morbid. Flo still can't get no respect even when someone is attempting to give her some. Geez.
I also think it is great that they are remembering Florence. I wished the piece had been longer. I also would like to see a fan's remembrance of Florence Ballard.