PDA

View Full Version : Happy Belated Birthday to Ann Peebles

test

daviddesper
04-25-2020, 12:01 PM
We missed it by a day but the great lady of Hi Records turned 73 on the 24th. Definitely one of my best ever 50 cent cut out bins purchases, which led to me making sure I got EVERYTHING she ever put out. Hope she is doing well these days. I understand she had a stroke a number of years ago or otherwise she might still be out there belting the blues! Definitely one of the best ever!!!

splanky
04-25-2020, 02:19 PM
Certainly wish all the best to the great Ann Peebles...She gave up so much soul in her
own unique way. That voice!....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZGvOqsPoLQ

PeaceNHarmony
04-25-2020, 06:59 PM
Yes, an extraordinary singer in any genre. Hope Ann is doing better.

motony
04-28-2020, 04:13 PM
Wow, what a talent Ann Peebles is. I Have all her HI 45's & plus 3 Lps. All of 'em were great & pretty big on Southern Soul Stations, starting with "Part Time Love" but one og my faves is "I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down". I hope she is doing good & had a Healthy & Happy Birthday.

marv2
04-28-2020, 05:12 PM
Happy Birthday Miss Ann and many, many more!

daviddesper
04-28-2020, 11:29 PM
I also saw someplace that her actual birthday was the 27th. But I guess it doesn't really matter. The important thing is that we remember her artistry. In addition to the many recordings by her that I have in my collection, she has also been featured on my Lumos Networks TV music channels twice lately. I heard 99 Lbs. one day and Walk Away the next.

nativeNY63
05-01-2020, 02:10 PM
Wow, what a talent Ann Peebles is. I Have all her HI 45's & plus 3 Lps. All of 'em were great & pretty big on Southern Soul Stations, starting with "Part Time Love" but one og my faves is "I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down". I hope she is doing good & had a Healthy & Happy Birthday.

I like her Hi track 99lbs. of Soul.