This is a great show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RouzntOZOio

luke
04-20-2020, 11:45 PM
Fascinating show! Thanks Marv!

marv2
04-21-2020, 12:23 AM
Fascinating show! Thanks Marv!

You're most welcome Luke! I have to absolutely agree. That particular show needed to be longer, maybe even a 2 hour special because of the subject matter and the caliber of guests she had on. Most of them tried to be diplomatic, especially Mary and Marv Johnson, but you could tell that Joan and her audience wanted BLOOD! LOL! I couldn't believe she actually invited Bobby Taylor's bodyguard up on stage and on camera. I knew Bobby was serious once I saw that brick wall he called his bodyguard. LOL!

Ollie9
04-21-2020, 05:04 AM
Interesting stuff. I would miss a lot of these things if it were not for SD. Please keep them coming.

luke
04-21-2020, 08:42 AM
Gladys Horton didn’t really get to elaborate on the problem with the fake Marvelettes. Raynoma took no prisoners!

marv2
04-21-2020, 09:41 AM
Gladys Horton didn’t really get to elaborate on the problem with the fake Marvelettes. Raynoma took no prisoners!

That is one reason why I thought the show should have been longer or done is at least 2 parts. There was some truth coming out here.

luke
04-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Yes exactly. Joan did really seem to know some of the info. She didn’t just do fluff!

marv2
04-21-2020, 01:23 PM
Yes exactly. Joan did really seem to know some of the info. She didn’t just do fluff!

Oh, Joan gets into it. Bobby Taylor was getting a little too close to the edge. He had no shame or fear....

RanRan79
04-21-2020, 10:20 PM
Joan was a horrible host. She kept cutting them off. And how tacky to announce Mary Wells is on the line by stating she's penniless, etc. Mary Wells should've hung up. Bobby was a comical dude. I would've loved to hear more from Gladys.

detmotownguy
04-22-2020, 11:18 AM

The show was way to compressed to discuss complex situations. Maybe 3 performers would have been a better format.

marv2
04-22-2020, 01:32 PM
The show was way to compressed to discuss complex situations. Maybe 3 performers would have been a better format.

I agree. I can tell Marv Johnson was holding back. He had a huge story to tell. I met him not long before this show.