PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Wonder to participate in 'One World: Together at Home'

test

Motown Eddie
04-17-2020, 05:39 PM
In honor of Global Citizen and the World Health Organization's "One World: Together At Home" virtual benefit concert on April 18, 2020, Wonderwall.com [[https://www.wonderwall.com/) is taking a closer look at the star-studded roster of celebrities who will be appearing to raise money to support frontline healthcare workers and the WHO amid the worldwide coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/gallery/a-guide-to-everyone-participating-in-one-world-together-at-home/ss-BB12FTib?ocid=spartandhp

marv2
04-17-2020, 06:25 PM
Thank you for sharing this Motown Eddie!

nativeNY63
04-18-2020, 11:30 PM
Just watched! He sung a powerful Bill Withers tribute. [[2 songs) Hard to believe he had a kidney transplant 6 months ago! He's ageless!

marv2
04-18-2020, 11:40 PM
I thought the Rolling Stones did an amazing job too.

nativeNY63
04-18-2020, 11:47 PM
I thought the Rolling Stones did an amazing job too.
The second highlight, next to Stevie!

marv2
04-19-2020, 02:42 AM
The second highlight, next to Stevie!

I hope Stevie's performance gets uploaded to Youtube.

Motown Eddie
04-19-2020, 05:29 AM
Here is Stevie Wonder's performance from Saturday night's One World special from YouTube:
https://youtu.be/4vgfBJhlEEo

Motown Eddie
04-19-2020, 05:31 AM
Just watched! He sung a powerful Bill Withers tribute. [[2 songs) Hard to believe he had a kidney transplant 6 months ago! He's ageless!

Yes Indeed. It looks like Stevie has made a full recovery for the kidney transplant since he looks and sounds Great!

marv2
04-19-2020, 08:28 AM
Here is Stevie Wonder's performance from Saturday night's One World special from YouTube:
https://youtu.be/4vgfBJhlEEo

Thank you very much Motown Eddie.

daviddesper
04-19-2020, 04:19 PM
I found it ironic that the more established artists [[I won't use the "o" word) sang rings around the flavors of the month. I personally thought the Stones were the best and at the opposite end of the spectrum, that dame with the hideous two-tone green hair that tried to sing "Sunny" was simply abominable. She looked and sounded like somebody woke her up from a three-day binge and stuck a mike in front of her before she had either coffee or a shower.

marv2
04-19-2020, 04:44 PM
I found it ironic that the more established artists [[I won't use the "o" word) sang rings around the flavors of the month. I personally thought the Stones were the best and at the opposite end of the spectrum, that dame with the hideous two-tone green hair that tried to sing "Sunny" was simply abominable. She looked and sounded like somebody woke her up from a three-day binge and stuck a mike in front of her before she had either coffee or a shower.

Daviddesper! hehehehehehehehehe......LOL!!!!!

khansperac
04-19-2020, 05:26 PM
I only saw Stevie’s clip and he was good. Hollywood has taken a serious credibility hit with this crisis. No one cares anymore. They are starved for attention. They really think people care about what they think and the agendas they push.

nativeNY63
04-21-2020, 09:10 AM
What do we think of Lizzo's cover of Sam Cooke's "Change Gone Come?" I thought it was extra meh. As one SDF poster said, "...some songs don't need to be touched."

marv2
04-21-2020, 02:27 PM
What do we think of Lizzo's cover of Sam Cooke's "Change Gone Come?" I thought it was extra meh. As one SDF poster said, "...some songs don't need to be touched."

I can't with Lizzo. Sam Cooke would turn over in his grave. She is a poor role model for young women.

TomatoTom123
04-27-2020, 08:44 PM
I can't with Lizzo. Sam Cooke would turn over in his grave. She is a poor role model for young women.

Hey marv, why do you think that? :)

nativeNY63
05-01-2020, 07:51 PM
According to People, Stevie will be one of several "special celebrity guests" on AI this Sunday 8/7. It will be Idol's "1st ever remote
appearance"
by contestants and judges. Stay tuned.