PDA

View Full Version : Movies that will definately take days to watch if you're shut in!

test

arr&bee
04-13-2020, 01:20 PM
Forget netflix,how bout these long blockbusters...the ten commandments[at almost four hours]the lord of the ring trilogy-the hobbit-the james bond series-the marvel series..just some titles to help you get through the days inside.

Jerry Oz
04-13-2020, 01:25 PM
I bought the Lord of The Rings director's cuts. Return of The King is something like three hours and 17 minutes long. If I didn't have a bunch of stuff already cued up, I could easily waste a day watching those three movies back to back. Could also watch Godfather and Godfather, Part 2 [[the third was trash). I like all of the Marvel movies but I'd lose my mind trying to watch them all in a week or so.

I just finished rewatching Stranger Things from Netflix and I started watching Godless again. It's western series on Netflix that many don't know about. One of the best shows that I've ever seen and I'm looking forward to knocking it out in the next two or three days. I might start The Wire again soon.

sophisticated_soul
04-13-2020, 05:02 PM
"From the golden age of the miniseries comes this television benchmark, the 10-hour, Golden Globe-winning saga based on James Clavell's bestselling epic". Shōgun.

marv2
04-13-2020, 08:47 PM
I watched the entire series "The Tudors".

Jerry Oz
04-13-2020, 09:47 PM
I started rewatching this last night. If you're a fan of westerns and you have a Netflix account, I highly recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxY86L9Y2bs

arr&bee
04-13-2020, 09:49 PM
I have netflix but voice won't give me the code!

nativeNY63
04-14-2020, 10:03 PM
Remember when Netflix was just classic tv series runs/seasons?
Not actually a movie. But I watched a marathon of Alaska Bush People on Animal Planet today. Good stuff, I must say.

marv2
04-15-2020, 03:18 PM
I made a movie playlist on Youtube. This one will not take all day to watch, but it was a pretty good Thriller I came across:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsDzibAOVAA

Jerry Oz
04-15-2020, 04:22 PM
Remember when Netflix was just classic tv series runs/seasons?
Not actually a movie. But I watched a marathon of Alaska Bush People on Animal Planet today. Good stuff, I must say.Now that we have more local TV channels than I can count, I found one that shows documentary shows from History Channel, Science Channel and others. On Sunday, they had an Engineering An Empire marathon. I watched three and then found two more that I watched on YouTube. I'll finish the series in the next day or so [[I think there are 11). The quality on the YouTube versions isn't the best but if you're interested in history and physics or have questions about how things were done before the age of cranes, bulldozers and supercomputers, it's worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsd05kjnayM

moe
04-16-2020, 09:00 AM
It was Fred Astaire Day yesterday on TCM

The Wizard of Oz was on TNT the other day

nativeNY63
04-16-2020, 09:38 AM
It was Fred Astaire Day yesterday on TCM

The Wizard of Oz was on TNT the other day

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory was on TMC [[The Movie Channel) last week. Only caught a snippet though. You know how the missus & close friends don't get classic movies or old school jams[[always hated that phrase; it's real music! Can stomach "grown folks music, however)..?

moe
04-16-2020, 10:36 AM
LOL.........grown folks music!!!!:D

I think today [[on TCM) is Judy Garland's version of "A Star is Born." Now there's a major talent!!

nativeNY63
04-18-2020, 11:57 PM
LOL.........grown folks music!!!!:D

I think today [[on TCM) is Judy Garland's version of "A Star is Born." Now there's a major talent!!
That's definitely a good choice, Moe. Anything Judy Garland is a winner; "Meet Me in St. Louis."
Speaking of, has the Rene Zwelliger bio.pic surfaced on cable, stream? The trailer was mind-blowing last year.

nativeNY63
04-18-2020, 11:58 PM
Anything Madiea marathon!!

nativeNY63
06-05-2020, 08:41 AM
Check out Carl Weathers [["Apollo Creed") in The Mandolorian, on Disney +

arr&bee
08-04-2020, 01:43 PM
I'm watching[american soul]on-bet..not bad at all!

nativeNY63
08-04-2020, 09:34 PM
The tv version of the novel, Rich Man Poor Man. Lonesome Dove. The Book of Negroes.

arr&bee
08-11-2020, 10:56 AM
i started rewatching this last night. If you're a fan of westerns and you have a netflix account, i highly recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxy86l9y2bshey jerry,i'm hooked,started watching yesterday and will pick up today,very good shoot em up didn't know jeff daniels could act this good!