PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch the clark sisters movie

test

glencro
04-12-2020, 11:48 PM
It was pretty transparent and showed the struggles that they and their mother endured. The music, acting and story were all stellar.

midnightman
04-13-2020, 01:32 PM
Yes! It was pretty well done. I think this is actually the first biopic focused on a gospel group. Take away the genre, the Clarks went through the same struggles other musical families went through: pressure on the genius of the siblings, a sometimes overbearing stage parent [[though she had her reasons being a woman in a male-dominated environment), sibling rivalries, family dysfunction [[domestic abuse and sibling/parent infighting) and vocal harmonies that only siblings can understand.

I had no idea Twinkie suffered THAT much. I knew about Denise. The other three [[Karen, Dorinda and Jackie) had their own struggles too [[mainly Karen and Dorinda and I only think they showed half of what they suffered). Wish Mattie had took her health seriously [[RIP) and Twinkie's need to be independent [[Twinkie accompanied Mattie for nearly 30 years between 1963 and 1992, Mattie was forced into retirement after 92 due to her bout with diabetes).

Guy
04-13-2020, 06:36 PM
Aunjunae Ellis was excellent as Dr. Mattie Moss Clark. The music was good.

glencro
04-16-2020, 11:57 PM
Yes! It was pretty well done. I think this is actually the first biopic focused on a gospel group. Take away the genre, the Clarks went through the same struggles other musical families went through: pressure on the genius of the siblings, a sometimes overbearing stage parent [[though she had her reasons being a woman in a male-dominated environment), sibling rivalries, family dysfunction [[domestic abuse and sibling/parent infighting) and vocal harmonies that only siblings can understand.

I had no idea Twinkie suffered THAT much. I knew about Denise. The other three [[Karen, Dorinda and Jackie) had their own struggles too [[mainly Karen and Dorinda and I only think they showed half of what they suffered). Wish Mattie had took her health seriously [[RIP) and Twinkie's need to be independent [[Twinkie accompanied Mattie for nearly 30 years between 1963 and 1992, Mattie was forced into retirement after 92 due to her bout with diabetes).

Great assessment. I was very surprised at the transparency and pleased at the outcome.

glencro
04-17-2020, 04:53 PM
Loved the reenactment of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWtrpuPHDcM