PDA

View Full Version : Lynda Laurence 'If This World Were Mine'

test

PeaceNHarmony
04-10-2020, 09:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkDwwImnk0M

gman
04-10-2020, 10:10 PM
I LOVE THIS CUT! have it on a CD from the 90's...not a big fan of Lynda doing live leads on old Supremes songs at all, but her Motorcity solo work is excellent...she's done Love Child and Forever Came Today very well...I think perhaps she was the most often solo recorded FLO for the label. Lynda has 10 of the 20 tracks on one of the Supreme Ladies titled CD's, and there are other tracks not included on that one...LIVING WITH A MARRIED MAN , her Marvellettes FOREVER cover, and this one are my favorites.....My all time favorite Motorcity cut is BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND that Jean Scherrie and Lynda cut with The Originals...I love the 12" version...everyone gets a solo....some of Ian's original new song productions were really great.

detmotownguy
04-10-2020, 11:33 PM
Prob the best solo she has done. Thanks for posting.

Bluebrock
04-11-2020, 01:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkDwwImnk0M
Lynda is a powerhouse vocalist who had perhaps the most potential of all members of the Supremes to join Diana as a solo superstar. She was a stunningly beautiful woman who literally had it all. She was woefully underused. Thank you for posting.

gman
04-11-2020, 02:46 AM
she certainly was a beauty...[[the Flip appearance of YWSSL...yow-SAH!..Lynda was born to wear THAT dress) and a very capable entertainer. her video performances of club dates performing standards is proof of this...she has soul, can belt, and has jazz and gospel chops...IMHO, both Lynda and Susaye have voices that can often cut though too much for harmony work in a group setting live. In the group, I prefer Cindy's softer sound...even over Florence.

RanRan79
04-13-2020, 12:12 PM
Definitely one of the few- and I mean few- quality Motorcity cuts. Very well done. Lynda is great and I ditto Gman's comment. She should have had a successful singing career post Supremes.

When she started speaking the lyrics at the beginning, I just knew this was going to be an "Aint No Mountain High Enough" rip off, ala Diana's take on a Marvin and Tammi classic.;)