PDA

View Full Version : Susaye Greene & Courtney Pine "Children of The Ghetto"

test

blackguy69
04-08-2020, 11:04 PM
https://youtu.be/lucvu9T-9RA

marv2
04-09-2020, 12:36 AM
I have a great copy of this performance in my collection. I am amazed sometimes that Motown had all of these talented artists under contract and wouldn't or couldn't do anything with them.

Ollie9
04-09-2020, 06:06 AM
I have a great copy of this performance in my collection. I am amazed sometimes that Motown had all of these talented artists under contract and wouldn't or couldn't do anything with them.

I so agree marv. I always thought Susaye had incredible potential as a solo artist. Perhaps even more then either Mary or Scherrie had. Motown was extremely short sighted in letting her slip through their fingers.

marv2
04-09-2020, 08:48 AM
I so agree marv. I always thought Susaye had incredible potential as a solo artist. Perhaps even more then either Mary or Scherrie had. Motown was extremely short sighted in letting her slip through their fingers.

Yep! Also, consider all of the great singers that passed through the Temptations over the years. Incredible. Motown had the raw potential to be one the largest recording companies in the World.......today!

detmotownguy
04-09-2020, 09:35 AM
Yep! Also, consider all of the great singers that passed through the Temptations over the years. Incredible. Motown had the raw potential to be one the largest recording companies in the World.......today!
I do believe there was room for other talented singers. They could have invested in a Las Vegas club that could have provided semi steady work for so many artists tossed aside.

marv2
04-10-2020, 02:25 AM
I do believe there was room for other talented singers. They could have invested in a Las Vegas club that could have provided semi steady work for so many artists tossed aside.

There were so many options available to Motown. In the case of Susaye Greene, they could had her write songs for other artists, as well herself and the Supremes.