PDA

View Full Version : Gino Parks and Barrett Strong - Tell All Your Friends

test

mysterysinger
04-08-2020, 07:39 PM
Posted this elsewhere but truly it belongs on this forum. I've been enjoying this track more and more recently and it appears on the Barrett Strong Complete Motown Collection CD.

DFTMC lists it as a duet - Gino Parks and Barrett Strong so it's a rarity and one of 10 unreleased tracks on that Barrett Strong CD.

Here's the song ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee-wfw2UZ_k

mysterysinger
04-08-2020, 07:46 PM
For good measure, here's the version by Freddie Gorman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUqK82NnA3E&feature=youtu.be&autoplay=1

marv2
04-08-2020, 08:39 PM
Oh they sound great! Thank you mysterysinger. I have never heard this song before.

kenneth
04-08-2020, 08:54 PM
It has a really nice, mellow vibe. I have the Barrett Strong CD but never realized that song was actually a duet. I've always liked anything I've heard that Gino Parks recorded. I wonder if there's still stuff by him in the Motown vaults.

robb_k
04-08-2020, 11:02 PM
It has a really nice, mellow vibe. I have the Barrett Strong CD but never realized that song was actually a duet. I've always liked anything I've heard that Gino Parks recorded. I wonder if there's still stuff by him in the Motown vaults.
Well, it is essentially a Barrett Strong song, because he sings lead, and Gino sings an echoing part, just slightly behind Barrett in time. Not bad at all. Gino used to sing a LOT of duets with Andre Williams, especially when they were with Fortune Records, and a few while with Motown too. I think Gino was probably the most prominent in those duets, as he could actually sing, whereas Andre was a good songwriter, but wasn't a good singer at all. He was so bad, that he had his songs "sweetened" by a Blues singer!!! :D

I like that Freddy Gorman song, as well. I've always liked his singing, and thought he was really under appreciated. He was a great guy, too. I was glad I had the chance to work with him, and that we recorded him at Airwave.