blackguy69
04-08-2020, 03:15 PM
https://youtu.be/6HaWgMtRcwM

luke
04-08-2020, 05:20 PM
Thanks. Terrific performance by Mary!

RanRan79
04-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Beautiful. I don't care for the song choice [[too showtune-ish for her), but she sung this beautifully. Isn't that the dress she wore on Motown 25?

marv2
04-08-2020, 05:32 PM
She sang the stuffing out of that song! LOL! Yeah, that dress was from Motown 25.

detmotownguy
04-08-2020, 05:38 PM
Holy smokes! Wasn’t Merv Griffin interested in signing Mary up for some sort of record deal?

marv2
04-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Here is a much better copy of this performance. Yes, Merv Griffin proposed to start and build a record label around Mary Wilson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ARSgpt-38

gman
04-10-2020, 10:17 PM
she did this song as a solo spot in the Supremes "Scherrie era" years...saw her do it solo many times in the 80's in a medley with A SONG FOR YOU...she always tore it up!...it always got some of the biggest applause of the night....so did RED HOT...she made a smoldering live performance out of it, and I missed both when she dropped them from later shows.

marv2
04-10-2020, 10:32 PM
she did this song as a solo spot in the Supremes "Scherrie era" years...saw her do it solo many times in the 80's in a medley with A SONG FOR YOU...she always tore it up!...it always got some of the biggest applause of the night....so did RED HOT...she made a smoldering live performance out of it, and I missed both when she dropped them from later shows.

Gman. I remember too. Hey, do you ever hear Mary do "Free Again/I Will Survive"? Whew!

gman
04-13-2020, 12:04 AM
Gman. I remember too. Hey, do you ever hear Mary do "Free Again/I Will Survive"? Whew!

Yup! sure did...Mary's slow and sultry Survive was better than DR's copy version...I love the title song from Walk The Line...so I am glad that got put in..but when the set list changed, I missed so much of what was missing....Red Hot, Stoned Love, A Song For You/How Lucky?, and Free Again ….I really wish she would have axed the 2nd Supremes medley with BIMAA & YCHL....add Come See About Me to the first one w/ WDOLG,BL, SITNOL and YKMHO, keep Reflections and Love Child as stand alones..and always Someday as an encore...and I hate the song I Am Changing...ditto Dr. Dr. Bad Case.

marv2
04-13-2020, 12:15 AM
Yup! sure did...Mary's slow and sultry Survive was better than DR's copy version...I love the title song from Walk The Line...so I am glad that got put in..but when the set list changed, I missed so much of what was missing....Red Hot, Stoned Love, A Song For You/How Lucky?, and Free Again ….I really wish she would have axed the 2nd Supremes medley with BIMAA & YCHL....add Come See About Me to the first one w/ WDOLG,BL, SITNOL and YKMHO, keep Reflections and Love Child as stand alones..and always Someday as an encore...and I hate the song I Am Changing...ditto Dr. Dr. Bad Case.

I like your idea for the Supremes medleys. She's done "I Am Changing" and perhaps "Here's to Life" enough now to change out those two songs with something else just as bombastic. She likes having at least one power ballad in there.

khansperac
04-13-2020, 01:34 AM
Is Free again/I will survive the same as What Gladys Knight sang? That’s one of my favorites from Gladys.

marv2
04-13-2020, 03:33 PM
Yes, that's the version. Pretty much the same arrangement too.