PDA

View Full Version : Great piece on the "Right On" album

test

Jimi LaLumia
04-05-2020, 08:11 AM
don't think I've seen this posted here, so HERE..
https://www.soulmusic.com/article/motown-spotlight-march-2020?fbclid=IwAR2cVxJxsIfv3EmItlf1CzxdZBVZxpdtkuXO Zp6RLA2V8Xpb7YhzWuCquNg

marv2
04-05-2020, 10:33 AM
Jimi, I'm happy to see this classic album being commemorated in some way, but the person that wrote this article clearly just took old, well-worn myths about the Supremes history included them AGAIN in his article. Reading just the first two paragraphs I [[and others) can pick them out. Still, it's good to see an article on "Right On" and the "New Supremes". Thanks.

RanRan79
04-05-2020, 10:52 AM
The article was mostly regurgitated information, but I wouldn't necessarily call them myths. Pretty much everything in the article came from all the people involved. For us die hards there is nothing new to see here. For the casually interested music lover, the article is pretty good reading and information. It can often be hard to please those of us who have read everything and heard everything, and dissected every song, performance and event in the history of the group to death. These articles are not for us.

Jimi LaLumia
04-05-2020, 02:05 PM
she states that she was looking for a Stevie Wonder vinyl when this [[scratched up) LP jumped out at her, so calm yourselves down..lol.. it'll turn a few more people on to Jean

Bluebrock
04-05-2020, 02:26 PM
she states that she was looking for a Stevie Wonder vinyl when this [[scratched up) LP jumped out at her, so calm yourselves down..lol.. it'll turn a few more people on to Jean
Exactly. Anything that turns fans onto this wonderful album has got to be a good thing. Let us be happy about that in these troubled times.

PeaceNHarmony
04-05-2020, 03:12 PM
Great read about an utterly superb, perfect lp. Thanks, Jimi -