PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson - The Tonight Show!!!

test

marv2
04-04-2020, 09:56 PM
Rock on Ms. Wilson.........LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuU2WDU4dUc&fbclid=IwAR1xYDuk8xnNvM3bBqG9o0rZ7Y00_cNPu9lswXrM0 C_kXUwb4cDiBKG7_EM

blackguy69
04-04-2020, 10:22 PM
Keep posting and thanks to Eric Iverson for sharing his supreme videos

marv2
04-04-2020, 10:50 PM

He is great for doing this, isn't he? It makes me wish I had my collection with me now.

marv2
04-04-2020, 10:53 PM
That's Ray Pannell on guitar. He's been with Mary's band for over 30 years!

detmotownguy
04-04-2020, 11:08 PM
That's Ray Pannell on guitar. He's been with Mary's band for over 30 years!
Marv who was the background singer next to Mary? Eric does a great job keeping the Sups legacy alive. Thanks.

blackguy69
04-04-2020, 11:14 PM
Didn’t realize she did the tonight show as a solo

marv2
04-04-2020, 11:28 PM
Marv who was the background singer next to Mary? Eric does a great job keeping the Sups legacy alive. Thanks.

The one nearest Mary, with the longer hair, is Iris Parker. She was with Mary's band for close to 10 years. She had her own female group in the 80s called "Madame X".

marv2
04-04-2020, 11:29 PM
Didn’t realize she did the tonight show as a solo

I think Mary has appeared on just about all of the major shows except the Oprah Winfrey Show which is now defunct.

detmotownguy
04-05-2020, 06:09 AM
That’s it! I bel I saw her backing Mary in Reno or Lake Tahoe in the early to mid 80’s. There happened to be a large group from Detroit! Mary was really having fun by switching between lead and the background parts.

marv2
04-05-2020, 10:27 AM
That’s it! I bel I saw her backing Mary in Reno or Lake Tahoe in the early to mid 80’s. There happened to be a large group from Detroit! Mary was really having fun by switching between lead and the background parts.

I remember when Mary did a mini-concert in Central Park for "Good Morning America" in 1997 and Iris and Parnell were backing her. They were very,very good.

RanRan79
04-05-2020, 11:05 AM
Rock on Ms. Wilson.........LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuU2WDU4dUc&fbclid=IwAR1xYDuk8xnNvM3bBqG9o0rZ7Y00_cNPu9lswXrM0 C_kXUwb4cDiBKG7_EM

This was exasperating. I didn't even watch the whole thing. The other video where she does this song, she's alright on it, but the band is kicking butt, which may have helped Mary take it up a notch, or maybe it covers how the song isn't for her. I don't know. But this version, the band is not as good [[on this song), and Mary working outside her strengths does not work for me. I'm starting to find the answer of why Mary couldn't parlay the mid to late 80s into a recording deal, despite the wave of interest that followed Dreamgirl: most of the time whenever people in the industry seemed to see her most visible [[on television), she was doing shit like this. The rock vibe might have worked for her around the time Tina Turner reappeared, but that was over. The stuff she should have been singing she was bypassing for the stuff that does not show off how great of a singer Mary can be. I think Mary employed a lot of fans in key positions in her entourage, who basically "yes man"'d anything Mary tried to do instead of telling her "No, no, no! Mary this song isn't it. Find something to kill them with!" This aint that song. But she looks great, as usual.

RanRan79
04-05-2020, 11:07 AM

Absolutely. Eric is showing me a lot of stuff I have not seen before.