PDA

View Full Version : Bill Randle of The Science of Soul has passed

test

MIKEW-UK
04-04-2020, 05:15 PM
Bill Randle of The Science of Soul program was known to soul fans all over the world for his enthusiastic and powerful promotion of soul music. For many many years, Bill had pursued his passion for soul music and personally knew a host of soul music artists, many of whom became close friends. In addition to giving airplay to records from artists across the soul spectrum, both famous and little known, Bill also interviewed many artists over the years, including Ivy Joe Hunter, C.P. Spencer of The Originals and Lorraine Chandler. These recordings made over the years are a treasure trove and all are available on The Science of Soul website.

When our own Ralph and I were attempting to get visibility for Ralph's artist Teddie Morrow, Bill kindly responded and gave airplay of Teddie's records on the Tera Shirma lable.

Bill will be sorely missed. My sympathies go to Mickey Nold who worked with his great friend Bill Randle and was responsible for producing and broadcasting soul music for more than thirty years.

Mike

snakepit
04-05-2020, 04:40 AM
Sad news indeed.

motownmorph1
04-05-2020, 05:22 AM
such a lovely guy, I liked Bill a lot. RIP mate.
Morph