PDA

View Full Version : May have been nice original songs for "Sing Holland Dozier Holland" album

test

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
04-04-2020, 03:16 PM
I love these Coca Cola Commercials. It always struck me that the music and songs they came up with for these were somewhat better/more interesting than some of the songs that went onto a couple of the Supremes LPs. Would have been interesting if these were lengthened and re-fitted with standard lyrics. Would have fit in well with the sound of the material on "The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland" I especially love the second one, which unfortunately, there is only this one video featuring it.

https://youtu.be/BpPfKpCTsK4

04-04-2020, 03:18 PM
The second jingle.

https://youtu.be/LLXJonVCgxk

supreme
04-04-2020, 05:21 PM
Complete backing tracks maybe possibly exist, and the producers probably punched in vocals for specific parts of the jingle?

marv2
04-04-2020, 06:14 PM
The second jingle.

https://youtu.be/LLXJonVCgxk

Although I was a kid at the time, I don't remember hearing this version of their Coke commercial before. The video itself is not old.

04-04-2020, 07:11 PM
Although I was a kid at the time, I don't remember hearing this version of their Coke commercial before. The video itself is not old.
I was surprised that this guy would chose an obscure Motown/Supremes Coca-Cola jingle out of all the Coca-Cola jingles that have been. Especially considering that judging by his appearance, you know he wasn't even born when this jingle was done.

I'd say he as exceptional taste in music...and soda!

04-04-2020, 07:13 PM
Complete backing tracks maybe possibly exist, and the producers probably punched in vocals for specific parts of the jingle?
Oh. I. Can. Only. Wish. It would be amazing if these tracks did pop up at some point!

jobucats
04-04-2020, 07:54 PM
The second jingle [[Old Coca-Cola commercial featuring The Supremes) with the video of the guy drinking the can of coke has a certain timbre [[quality of sound) and instrumentation as "All I Know About You". I believe, without looking, that Frank DeVol was credited as a writer of "All I Know About You" and "The Happening" along side HDH. I would surmise this was recorded around the same time as "The Happening".

04-05-2020, 01:48 AM
The second jingle [[Old Coca-Cola commercial featuring The Supremes) with the video of the guy drinking the can of coke has a certain timbre [[quality of sound) and instrumentation as "All I Know About You". I believe, without looking, that Frank DeVol was credited as a writer of "All I Know About You" and "The Happening" along side HDH. I would surmise this was recorded around the same time as "The Happening".
I hadn't made that connection, but now that you mention it, I totally get what you mean and agree. Yes, there is a timbre there that fits along nicely with those two tunes.

RanRan79
04-05-2020, 11:30 AM
The tracks for the commercials would've made great songs. Especially the one from 67/68.

04-05-2020, 09:16 PM
The tracks for the commercials would've made great songs. Especially the one from 67/68.
Yes, they are very good. Much better than many of the tunes that ended up on those albums.