PDA

View Full Version : Diana’s “Lovely Day”

test

monicarivers
04-03-2020, 03:07 PM
Not her best but she looks sensational and seeing how we just lost Bill Withers, I thought I’d share.

https://youtu.be/VTsutsCJeY8

mindful1
04-03-2020, 07:04 PM
And how about my all time favorite of the lesser knowns of Diana's: "The Same Love that made me Laugh" ! What a great song and great performance from Diana Ross!

jobeterob
04-03-2020, 08:05 PM
Diana's Bill Withers songs are awesome.

I thought Lovely Day should have been the first single. I liked it the most of any cut on that album.

PeaceNHarmony
04-04-2020, 08:50 AM
And how about my all time favorite of the lesser knowns of Diana's: "The Same Love that made me Laugh" ! What a great song and great performance from Diana Ross!I fully agree here, Mindful! Great production as well.

PeaceNHarmony
04-04-2020, 08:56 AM
Diana's Bill Withers songs are awesome.

I thought Lovely Day should have been the first single. I liked it the most of any cut on that album.Agreed all around, and one of my wish-lists would have been a Diana-Bill collab.

RanRan79
04-07-2020, 01:28 PM
Horrible performance. Very amateurish. The studio version is actually pretty nice, even though, like most of the rest of the album, it has a karaoke vibe to it. Diana Ross is better than this. She looks great though.

RanRan79
04-07-2020, 01:30 PM
And how about my all time favorite of the lesser knowns of Diana's: "The Same Love that made me Laugh" ! What a great song and great performance from Diana Ross!

Absolutely fantastic cut. I think she could've had a hit with it. One of my favorite vocal performances of Diana.

monicarivers
04-07-2020, 02:40 PM
I agree - about half of the album is as lazy as it gets.

Ollie9
04-08-2020, 05:56 AM
A bit of a train crash performance by Diana which is a shame. She appeared relieved when the song was over. Perhaps with a thorough remix the song might have created a splash as a single......Who knows. The only two songs I listen to from the album are “What About Love” and “I Love You”.