PDA

View Full Version : The 50 Greatest Rock Memoirs of All Time

test

PeaceNHarmony
03-31-2020, 09:38 AM
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/books-greatest-rock-memoirs-of-all-time-161198/steven-tyler-does-the-noise-in-my-head-bother-you-2011-36147/

lucky2012
03-31-2020, 10:35 AM
Thanks, Peace!Now I have a good reading list for sheltering-in-place. Really intrigued by those about: Rick James, Boy George, David Bowie, Anthony Kiedis[[love the Buster line!), Ronnie Spector, Paul McCartney, Nile Rodgers, Keith Richards & Bob Dylan. I'm all set.

Luciano
03-31-2020, 10:39 AM
Thanks Peace for sharing! I will have to check out some of them.

It's so hard for me to take Rolling Stone too seriously anymore when I can always expect anything by Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen to always be at the top of their lists.

PeaceNHarmony
03-31-2020, 06:46 PM
Thanks Peace for sharing! I will have to check out some of them.

It's so hard for me to take Rolling Stone too seriously anymore when I can always expect anything by Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen to always be at the top of their lists.Ha! Well, those 2 are indeed superb, but indeed predictable!

PeaceNHarmony
03-31-2020, 06:49 PM
Thanks, Peace!Now I have a good reading list for sheltering-in-place. Really intrigued by those about: Rick James, Boy George, David Bowie, Anthony Kiedis[[love the Buster line!), Ronnie Spector, Paul McCartney, Nile Rodgers, Keith Richards & Bob Dylan. I'm all set.Glad to hear it! I have a signed copy of Ronnie's and have read Dylan's [[and several more that you did not mention). Nile is my next-up and I'm interested in the others as well. I was somewhat surprised to see I, Tina or either of Marianne Faithfull's not on the list. Those are the only notable exceptions I found.

Roberta75
03-31-2020, 08:10 PM
I just finished Elton Johns ME which was a real good read.

nativeNY63
04-15-2020, 11:20 AM
Glad to hear it! I have a signed copy of Ronnie's and have read Dylan's [[and several more that you did not mention). Nile is my next-up and I'm interested in the others as well. I was somewhat surprised to see I, Tina or either of Marianne Faithfull's not on the list. Those are the only notable exceptions I found.
Tina penned a new memoir recently. It's called Tina: A Love story.[[something like that) A real deep dive!
Check it out. Worth every page!

midnightman
04-15-2020, 04:35 PM
^ Yeah, I got it at my Wal-Mart shortly after it came out. I didn't stop reading it for weeks. Great book.

timmyfunk1
06-30-2021, 02:14 PM
They forgot one: