PDA

View Full Version : Stop bashing Diana Ross

test

thaperson
03-18-2011, 05:58 PM
I was asked [[very nicely, I might add) by another poster the other day, to please refrain from bringing up Mary/Diana issues in her new single thread. So I didn't press the issue further, because the poster was nice about it.

But it goes both ways. There are a few other posters on here who seem to bash Ross constantly. If you don't like her, don't click the thread on. Simple as that.

I'm willing to keep my end of the bargain. But if you're not, then I'm not going out of my way. Can't we just talk about the music for a change, and not issues that happened some fifty years ago?

ralpht
03-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Understood, Thaperson. So we can leave it at that.

abfan
03-18-2011, 07:47 PM
now this I have to see.I dont think some know anything but DR :rolleyes:

pshark
03-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Posting that is just gonna make the situation worst. People don't like to be told what to post especially from a newbie. Its like telling your neighbor's kids to go stop playing tag and go do some homewrk.
Only the Moderators have the right to regulate the forum.
Just my 2 cents.

tom_moulton
03-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Speaking of Mary Has anyone heard the new album yet?

soulster
03-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Can't we just talk about the music for a change, and not issues that happened some fifty years ago?

Hell Yeah! It's about time!

I'm one of those people here who are very turned off by all the Diane Ross/Mary Wilson crap that goes on here. I don't give a shit about all this personal B.S.. Now, I like quite a bit of her music [[Y'all remember what that is? Music?), but I am not what one would consider a big fan. My favorite music by her is when she was a Supreme and her solo stuff up to about 1984. Talk about that and i'm good. I'll be even happier if BMG gets off their ass and remasters her classic RCA albums...and doesn't squash them!

Only the Moderators have the right to regulate the forum.
Just my 2 cents.

The forum members really should regulate themselves too. There is only one mod for all of us kids. he could use some self-moderation.

theboyfromxtown
03-19-2011, 03:28 AM
now this I have to see.I dont think some know anything but DR :rolleyes:

And some have an attitude that leaves a lot to be desired.

soulster
03-19-2011, 05:39 AM
I notice the DR type threads usually get the most views. That's pitiful.

smark21
03-19-2011, 12:50 PM
I was asked [[very nicely, I might add) by another poster the other day, to please refrain from bringing up Mary/Diana issues in her new single thread. So I didn't press the issue further, because the poster was nice about it.

But it goes both ways. There are a few other posters on here who seem to bash Ross constantly. If you don't like her, don't click the thread on. Simple as that.

I'm willing to keep my end of the bargain. But if you're not, then I'm not going out of my way. Can't we just talk about the music for a change, and not issues that happened some fifty years ago?

Because you're new here, you were not aware that recently we saw a whole batch of Supremes/Diana Ross/Mary Wilson related threads all of a sudden turn into Supremes Reunion threads. Many people here are just tired of hearing about that played out topic as the same things and the same resentments and greivances on both sides are aired over and over again.

ralpht
03-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Thaperson,
As the moderator of the forum, I would be thrilled if any thread dealing with DR or the Supremes, would remain civil. History here shows that to be a near impossibility. Don't ask why, I don't have a clue. It just does. As Smark points out, the subject gets a little old at times and then tends to head south, which translates into hassles for this beleagured moderator. Hopefully this thread won't be one of those unfortunate deals. I'll be watching and hoping.

pshark
03-19-2011, 08:54 PM
The forum members really should regulate themselves too. There is only one mod for all of us kids. he could use some self-moderation.
Well that's not gonna happen. Just like there's not enough cops to stop crime. There are people/trolls here who are purposely trying to start trouble

ralpht
03-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Sad but true, Shark.

soulster
03-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Well that's not gonna happen. Just like there's not enough cops to stop crime. There are people/trolls here who are purposely trying to start trouble

I'm not saying we take over as mini-mods, just to help keep ourselves in check. And, if we, as members, can put a little of social pressure on these trolls and other rabble rousers, they may not feel so encouraged to start up.

RossHolloway
03-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Fingers crossed.