PDA

View Full Version : CD Baby retiring

test

lakeside
03-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Just got a notice that CD Baby is retiring their music store. Artist
were making little money and people are doing the digital way.
Check out their web site for more info.

daviddesper
03-04-2020, 06:10 PM
I got that message too. I had probably only ordered from them two or three times ever so it is not a huge loss for me, but at the same time it is probably a sign of the times that online shopping for us CD lovers is going to become harder and harder. I am just not ready to make the transition to downloading but it sounds like eventually I will have no choice.

lakeside
03-04-2020, 06:52 PM
I got that message too. I had probably only ordered from them two or three times ever so it is not a huge loss for me, but at the same time it is probably a sign of the times that online shopping for us CD lovers is going to become harder and harder. I am just not ready to make the transition to downloading but it sounds like eventually I will have no choice.

A sign of the times, indeed. Like you David, I've only purchased a few times
from them. I bought a couple of Scherrie Payne's releases and the FLO's 20th
Anniversary concert DVD and CD. I basically purchase classical music these days. There's plenty of that on Amazon. I think my buying days are winding down and
it matters not what format is out there in my case.

sophisticated_soul
03-04-2020, 07:10 PM
They are closing their CD store but . . .

"However, we ARE continuing physical distribution through our wholesale partners, including Amazon. The CD Baby artists you love will still have their CDs and vinyl for sale on online retailers and through record stores".

PeaceNHarmony
03-04-2020, 07:47 PM
A sign of the times, indeed. Like you David, I've only purchased a few times
from them. I bought a couple of Scherrie Payne's releases and the FLO's 20th
Anniversary concert DVD and CD. I basically purchase classical music these days. There's plenty of that on Amazon. I think my buying days are winding down and
it matters not what format is out there in my case.Arkiv Music is a great classical music cd source -

PeaceNHarmony
03-04-2020, 07:48 PM
They are closing their CD store but . . .

"However, we ARE continuing physical distribution through our wholesale partners, including Amazon. The CD Baby artists you love will still have their CDs and vinyl for sale on online retailers and through record stores".A-ha - so at least for now They Live, just not operating their own distribution 'storefront'. A tad of good news.

lakeside
03-04-2020, 07:54 PM
Arkiv Music is a great classical music cd source -

Yes! Arkiv is great and I've used them for years. I also use Norbeck
and Peters out of CT for the older, historic operas. Nice guys to deal
with.

sophisticated_soul
03-04-2020, 08:06 PM
A-ha - so at least for now They Live, just not operating their own distribution 'storefront'. A tad of good news.

In these trying times, even a wisp of a tad of good news is good news!:)

midnightman
03-04-2020, 08:32 PM
Everything is sold online. It was time.

carlo
03-06-2020, 11:44 PM
Everything is sold online. It was time.

To clarify, they aren't closing a physical store but rather their online store, hosted on cdbaby.com