PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson - Red Hot 1979 [[BBC)

test

marv2
03-03-2020, 11:45 AM
Does anyone from the U.K. know what program this was from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl1B979ejv8

mowsville
03-03-2020, 12:10 PM
The dancers are legs and co so i should imagine its Top Of The Pops.

monicarivers
03-03-2020, 12:16 PM
The dancers are legs and co so i should imagine its Top Of The Pops.

I would clarify with that one YouTuber “DETROITLIVES313” who seems to be very knowledgeable about all things Motown, especially obscure recording artists.

blackguy69
03-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Let me say this now don’t take it down that road. I saw on the other Mary thread the comments over there and don’t start it over here.
I would clarify with that one YouTuber “DETROITLIVES313” who seems to be very knowledgeable about all things Motown, especially obscure recording artists.

monicarivers
03-03-2020, 12:49 PM
Let me say this now don’t take it down that road. I saw on the other Mary thread the comments over there and don’t start it over here.

What are you talking about? I made a suggestion that I thought might help answer the OP’s question.

blackguy69
03-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Sure like that hand hasn’t been played on here countless times.

jobeterob
03-03-2020, 02:38 PM
Well, my understanding is that the Diana Ross and the Supremes Forum is a "free for all" and so you are both following the rules - "say what you want".

Overall, it seems to work quite well.

midnightman
03-03-2020, 03:11 PM
It's likely Top of the Pops. In addition to announcing who was leading in the top 20, they did debuts too of new songs. I don't remember what other show had this.

marv2
03-03-2020, 05:50 PM
It's likely Top of the Pops. In addition to announcing who was leading in the top 20, they did debuts too of new songs. I don't remember what other show had this.

They did a great job!

blackguy69
03-03-2020, 05:55 PM
So that means you and your cohorts won’t get bitchy the next time someone makes a smart ass comment on any Diana Ross thread?

Well, my understanding is that the Diana Ross and the Supremes Forum is a "free for all" and so you are both following the rules - "say what you want".

Overall, it seems to work quite well.

jobeterob
03-03-2020, 06:18 PM
I am never bitchy; I just say what I think and I have no cohorts.

Overall, I'd just like to see us all not be too hard on any Supreme; all lives have ups and downs; and I fully realize Diana has had advantages and a life that literally no one else could hope for and with that territory, there comes criticism and jealousy.

monicarivers
03-03-2020, 07:17 PM
So that means you and your cohorts won’t get bitchy the next time someone makes a smart ass comment on any Diana Ross thread?

LMAO. Wishing Diana Ross bodily injury and death are “bitchy comments”? Ha. Talk about “cohorts”...

blackguy69
03-03-2020, 08:37 PM
I’ve called him up dozens of times over his dumb ass comments. But your cohorts are just as nasty.
LMAO. Wishing Diana Ross bodily injury and death are “bitchy comments”? Ha. Talk about “cohorts”...

monicarivers
03-03-2020, 08:57 PM
I’ve called him up dozens of times over his dumb ass comments. But your cohorts are just as nasty.

Can’t speak for any of my alleged “cohorts” but I wish MW no ill will. I think it’s great that she’s out there doing her thing. Does our resident “Three Faces of Eve” member make her out to be some sort of global sensation? Sure. How ridiculous.

blackguy69
03-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Since Ralph hasn’t banned him, it wasn’t taken seriously.
Can’t speak for any of my alleged “cohorts” but I wish MW no ill will. I think it’s great that she’s out there doing her thing. Does our resident “Three Faces of Eve” member make her out to be some sort of global sensation? Sure. How ridiculous.

144man
03-11-2020, 07:12 PM
I think the track is too long to have been from "Top of the Pops".