View Full Version : Reflections--the supremes [[new enhanced version) 1967

test

marv2
02-16-2020, 12:55 AM
From THE MUSIC ENHANCEMENT CHANNEL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugKq10wx_bU

rovereab
02-16-2020, 11:29 AM
I can't hear any enhancement on this version - am I overlooking something?

Circa 1824
02-16-2020, 12:04 PM
the music and fabulous lead vocal are crystal clear, bright, and fresh.

I can't hear any enhancement on this version - am I overlooking something?

blackguy69
02-16-2020, 04:07 PM
Vocals are the same but the instrumental is wow! It’s very enhanced. I can hear footsteps and more of the guitar

marv2
02-16-2020, 06:27 PM
I can actually hear the hand thumping against the tambourine.

marv2
02-16-2020, 06:34 PM
It is ridiculous that this record did not go all the way to number one. Makes no sense to me.

milven
02-16-2020, 07:07 PM
It is ridiculous that this record did not go all the way to number one. Makes no sense to me.

Probably because Billy Joe jumped off this bridge
https://bridgehunter.com/photos/10/79/107980-M.jpg

marv2
02-16-2020, 07:22 PM
Probably because Billy Joe jumped off this bridge
https://bridgehunter.com/photos/10/79/107980-M.jpg

We actually went to Tupelo that summer to visit relatives.

Circa 1824
02-16-2020, 07:44 PM
Bobbie Gentry was an awesome talent on many levels. She is still alive, but has not been seen in public for decades. I would love to see a pic of her.

benross
02-17-2020, 09:13 AM
Do you have the Complete Capitol Masters eight-disc set of Bobbie's work? It has some fascinating outtakes, including her unreleased readings of God Bless The Child and Suppertime, along with later classics Since I Fell For You and More Today Than Yesterday, all from a jazz-oriented album that apparently might have been issued after her Touch 'Em With Love album. The performances, instrumentation and arrangements throughout are impressive, especially on her first [[Ode To Billie Joe) and last [[Patchwork) album. The accompanying book provides many interesting bits of information, among which is a discussion of Capitol's pressure on her and other artists to adhere to a youth-oriented kind of pop music rather than their original and/or preferred styles; it talks about the massive housecleaning Capitol conducted, when, for various reasons, many established artists' contracts were not renewed. It seems that Bobbie had superb musicianship and good inclinations but was disenchanted by Capitol's support, or lack of it. As evidenced by Bobbie's last recordings for Curb Records, she needed sensitive guidance and input from trusted associates to discern where she was doing well and where she wasn't. The booklet provides relevant outside context for other discussions on this site re. Motown's fluctuating attitudes towards The '70s Supremes, The Four Tops and additional favorites and the evolution of the recording industry as the '60s gave way to the '70s.

Circa 1824
02-17-2020, 10:38 AM
Thanks,I will check it out. Bobbie’s song Fancy has always been one of my favorites.