PDA

View Full Version : The 60 Greatest Motown Songs of All Time

test

PeaceNHarmony
02-07-2020, 10:12 AM
Just in time for the weekend! Here's a new list for everyone to become embittered about :p

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-60-greatest-motown-songs-of-all-time?utm_source=pocket-newtab

edafan
02-07-2020, 06:52 PM
The people writing these lists do not do the correct research.

Just like the people rating the athletes of the last century,
they did not realize the greatness of Jim Thorpe, Babe Ruth, or Bill Russell

edafan

daviddesper
02-08-2020, 12:44 AM
I had received this also. As we all know these things are highly subjective. In this case, they felt compelled to go year by year and include something from every time period, whereas I personally think Motown crammed its best material into about a three year period from maybe 1965-68, so if I were ranking a top 60 songs, it would include a ton from that period and maybe little to none from beyond about 1980. At least they included a variety of artists and made sure all our favorite girl groups were included.

edafan
02-08-2020, 01:34 PM
I had received this also. As we all know these things are highly subjective. In this case, they felt compelled to go year by year and include something from every time period, whereas I personally think Motown crammed its best material into about a three year period from maybe 1965-68, so if I were ranking a top 60 songs, it would include a ton from that period and maybe little to none from beyond about 1980. At least they included a variety of artists and made sure all our favorite girl groups were included.

I agree

edafan