PDA

View Full Version : National Museum of African History and Culture - Washington DC

test

woodward
01-22-2020, 01:37 PM
I will be going to Washington, DC on February 1 to spend the day at the museum.

Have any other members been to the museum? What I am curious about is there any exhibit or display of Motown items in the museum? It appears that the museum is huge and I don't want to miss it.

Thanks.

marv2
01-22-2020, 02:08 PM

Have any other members been to the museum? What I am curious about is there any exhibit or display of Motown items in the museum? It appears that the museum is huge and I don't want to miss it.

Thanks.

I believe Mary Wilson has loaned them items from her personal collection.

Roberta75
01-22-2020, 04:03 PM

Thanks.

Diana Ross dresses from LSTB are on display.

sansradio
01-22-2020, 04:44 PM
Do you mean the National Museum of African-American History and Culture? If so, Motown is heavily represented.

monicarivers
01-24-2020, 10:23 PM
Do you mean the National Museum of African-American History and Culture? If so, Motown is heavily represented.

Here’s a nice overview: Diana has her own exhibition featuring a LSTB costume designed by Bob Mackie. She is also featured in the Black Hollywood exhibit. The Jackson 5 have an exhibit as well. I haven’t been in person but I imagine there is a healthy dose of Motown on display.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/washington-dc/article/Photo-Coverage-Theatrical-Highlights-At-The-National-Museum-of-African-American-History-20170118

Roberta75
01-24-2020, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=monicarivers;559813]Here’s a nice overview: Diana has her own exhibition featuring a LSTB costume designed by Bob Mackie. She is also featured in the Black Hollywood exhibit. The Jackson 5 have an exhibit as well. I haven’t been in person but I imagine there is a healthy dose of Motown on display.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/washington-dc/article/Photo-Coverage-Theatrical-Highlights-At-The-National-Museum-of-African-American-History-20170118[/QUOTE

great photos thanks for the link Monica?

midnightman
01-30-2020, 07:48 PM
Yeah from what I saw [[from online, not in actual visits), Motown is heavily featured, mainly Supremes/Diana, Marvin, J5, etc.