PDA

View Full Version : 2020 - Any news of a Motown release?

test

snakepit
01-16-2020, 07:58 PM
As we enter 2020, have we finally emptied the well of 60s recordings?
Any news of 'special' projects on the 60s era?
I guess we will get a 1970 unreleased set, but are there no projects from Ace/ Kent etc?

Soulmusic4life
01-17-2020, 05:46 AM
I keep wondering too. ACE seemed to disappear. We need to get the ball rolling on some releases.

mjdestiny
01-17-2020, 01:09 PM
What happened to the Stoney and Meatloaf Expanded album ?
My wishes for 2020 :
_ A CD compilation with unreleased music by the J5 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first album of the group
_ A CD compilation with unreleased music by the 70's Supremes to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first album of the group
_ Ross '78 Expanded Edition [[CD)

snakepit
01-17-2020, 02:32 PM
I was hoping for further editions of unissued Guys and girls if there are tracks available.

Encyclopedia Mack
01-17-2020, 06:52 PM
When is Motown dropping some concert footage? Now we supported Motown 25. Time to give us fans what we want.

jboy88
01-18-2020, 04:19 PM
As we enter 2020, have we finally emptied the well of 60s recordings?
Any news of 'special' projects on the 60s era?
I guess we will get a 1970 unreleased set, but are there no projects from Ace/ Kent etc?

My guess is that all the remaining vaulted tracks a either not finished or are just in really bad quality. Otherwise, they would have turned up on The MU series or anywhere else. I’m now looking forward to all the unearthed gems from the 70s. Especially the final tracks cut in Detroit.

TomatoTom123
01-18-2020, 10:26 PM
I hope so! :D

mysterysinger
01-20-2020, 05:08 PM
There are some unreleased Motown Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons tracks being prepared for release [[13 different songs plus some alt mixes etc of them including the original Motown recording of "My Eyes Adored You"). Catch is, it's one CD out of a 40 plus career spanning box set.

https://thatfourseasonssound.typepad.com/seasonally/motown-unreleased/

SatansBlues
01-21-2020, 12:18 PM
My guess is that all the remaining vaulted tracks a either not finished or are just in really bad quality. Otherwise, they would have turned up on The MU series or anywhere else. I’m now looking forward to all the unearthed gems from the 70s. Especially the final tracks cut in Detroit.

I've been waiting for these early 70's recordings as well. There have been some excellent early 70's releases that have come out as well. I was advocating for a Cellar Full of Motown release for the final Detroit years. I'm looking forward to Unreleased Motown 1970 in December. I heard Rose Batista cut some tracks in 1970 while she was working as a secretary for Motown. Fingers crossed that those tracks get released.

Ngroove
01-21-2020, 01:40 PM
Personally, my hope, would be the day I could see mass-produced reissued classic sixties, at least Supremes, Four Tops, and Temptations, albums Motown CDs in mainstream mortar retail shops like Walmart, sitting side-by-side with the common reissued classic rock album CDs.

snakepit
01-21-2020, 02:50 PM
I was hoping for tracks on Sammy Ward, Gino Parkes, Lewis Sisters , Connie Haines, La Brenda Ben ....Originals, Spinners, Shorty Long and other artists overlooked over the years.
The ideal way to get these things were shown to be Motown Girls/Guys sets.
Have they died a death?

drewschultz88
01-21-2020, 04:34 PM
I think the Originals are one of the few Detroit era Motown acts whose album catalogue has largely gone without reissue [[but please let me know if there are even more). I'd love to see a set containing their early material on the Soul label, albums Green Grow The Lilacs / Naturally Together / Portrait Of The Originals / Definitions / Game Called Love

Soul Music Records has done some great multi-album sets lately on Jr. Walker, Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes, The Emotions, etc., it would be great to see them make it happen. Plus, it's so cool hearing Motown cover early Earth Wind & Fire!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfWZHHIidKI

snakepit
01-21-2020, 05:01 PM
I've been banging on about a box set of The Originals first 4 albums for years.

drewschultz88
01-21-2020, 05:57 PM
Also, not Motown but still Universal Music Group managed, I'd love to see the Four Tops ABC/Dunhill albums plus bonus material!

SatansBlues
01-21-2020, 06:00 PM
I was hoping for tracks on Sammy Ward, Gino Parkes, Lewis Sisters , Connie Haines, La Brenda Ben ....Originals, Spinners, Shorty Long and other artists overlooked over the years.
The ideal way to get these things were shown to be Motown Girls/Guys sets.
Have they died a death?

Haven't all tracks by Shorty Long and LaBrenda Ben been released? And wasn't there a thread mention of Sam Ward that stated only 3 or 4 unreleased tracks still remain on that fine singer?

snakepit
01-21-2020, 06:17 PM
Couldn't say for sure.

mysterysinger
01-21-2020, 07:14 PM
Obviously there will be fewer unreleased tracks available now but we still get surprises and I expect the 70s will be mined for all they're worth - I won't complain about that. Points to Real Gone as purveyors of that genre - Mowest etc.

Elemental will probably surprise us with some conventional releases [[as they did with that bunch of Temptations classic albums).

Culture Factory continue to release their lovely mini album CDs [[and vinyl these days) and from time to time produce something unexpected as they did with the Tammi Terrell "Irresistible" mini LP CD. Perhaps they'll continue with a Four Tops series on the back of "Reach Out" and "On Top" and, of course they have made DRATS and Diana Ross mini LP CDs available over a few years.

I wouldn't expect ACE to produce anything for some time [[though I hope I'm wrong on that).

I hope there's something good to come from Universal Japan [[The Originals "Naturally Together" and "Definitions" on CD would be great) but they had a big splurge last year. One thing is for certain Oldays will continue to release their [[unofficial) Motown mini-LP CDs with slightly altered cover art [[as they have over recent years with Earl Van Dyke, Stevie Wonder, Vandellas, Chris Clark, Isley Bros and The Supremes - lastest one is "Meet The Supremes" with the white non-stools cover). Plus Big Pink I suspect will bring us an odd Rare Earth label release or two.

Later in the year yes I would hope for a 1970 Motown Unreleased download.

But there again what do I know. May not need to spend much lol

Calv1971
01-22-2020, 10:26 AM
I heard Tommy Good telling someone when he was over here in Northampton some years ago he had recorded about 40 tracks, so Please a Vol 2 on CD, the 1st one obviously a sell out due to the high prices it fetches now.
Also remember Goldmine's big Motown article some years ago mentioning CDs of Hattie Littles, The Andantes, Yes please!!!!
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas "Live at the Copa" -PLEASE!
Paul Petersen, Connie Haines, A Further R.Dean Taylor compiltation.
Surely there is still more to get out to please us.
Finally an official release of the 1963 Motortown Revue.

Calv1971
01-22-2020, 10:27 AM
Finally an official release of the 1963 Motortown Revue. On DVD PLEASE!

thanxal
01-22-2020, 05:54 PM
Does this count?
https://www.amazon.com/Miracles-Crazy-Hybrid-Multi-channel-Stereo/dp/B083QKYYYT/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=MIRACLES+LOVE+CRAZY+sacd&qid=1579547142&s=music&sr=1-1&linkCode=sl1&tag=thesecdis-20&linkId=4bcdf0ee7cd9c2618bea4dc1f500a01b&language=en_US

Roger Polhill
01-22-2020, 08:59 PM
From notes that I`ve taken on unreleased material over the years there is plenty of such recordings like:
Mike Valvano. Cut 2 albums.
Morocco Music Makers. 4 songs.
Liz Lands. Torch Song album.
Satintones. Cut enough for 3 albums.
Bobby Breen. Album.
Sammy Turner. Album`s worth.
Tommy Good. Up to 20.
Choker Campbell. "Shades of Blue" plus.
Don McKenzie. Almost an album.
Ray Oddis. More tracks.
Underdogs. Still more to come.
Marvin Gaye & Mary Wells. Could be 3 more.
Abdullah. LP`s worth.
Little Lisa. Recorded more than 12.
Hearts Of Stone. Unreleased album.
Marvin Gaye & Oma Page. Recorded more songs.
Marcus Belgraves. Recorded 3 albums in the 60`s.
Anita Knorl. 1 more.
Johnny Bristol. 3 more.
Hit Pack. an album`s worth.
Bruce Channel. more songs.
Headliners. ditto.
Quaills. 2 tracks.
Frank Morelli. 9 tracks.
There`s lots more to come with all the songs "assigned to" and if only 1/4 of these have made it then it would depend on whether there is a market.Plus of course numerous alt. versions.

Quinn
01-22-2020, 09:57 PM
I heard Tommy Good telling someone when he was over here in Northampton some years ago he had recorded about 40 tracks, so Please a Vol 2 on CD, the 1st one obviously a sell out due to the high prices it fetches now.
Also remember Goldmine's big Motown article some years ago mentioning CDs of Hattie Littles, The Andantes, Yes please!!!!
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas "Live at the Copa" -PLEASE!
Paul Petersen, Connie Haines, A Further R.Dean Taylor compiltation.
Surely there is still more to get out to please us.
Finally an official release of the 1963 Motortown Revue. As far as Tommy Good is concerned I was told there were just some live tracks left. They utilized all the studio recordings including "Honey Lane" which clearly isn't mixed. Then they omitted one song due to the master tape being in bad shape. Maybe he did record others,but the vocals probably weren't kept as B.G. was keen on tape use. Vocals were wiped quite a bit. The Supremes recorded "One Way Out",but HDH only kept The Vandellas vocals. Tommy recorded "Suddenly I Was All Alone". In the MU1966 booklet there's no mention that Tommy ever had any involvement,but he remembers recording that. Only Marvin's version was the keeper I guess.

McMotown
01-23-2020, 10:06 AM
I hoping like a lot of you for some Originals to come out plus more Bobby Taylor, love his 'Touch By Love' on the Unreleased 1969

SatansBlues
01-23-2020, 01:42 PM
From notes that I`ve taken on unreleased material over the years there is plenty of such recordings like:
Mike Valvano. Cut 2 albums.
Morocco Music Makers. 4 songs.
Liz Lands. Torch Song album.
Satintones. Cut enough for 3 albums.
Bobby Breen. Album.
Sammy Turner. Album`s worth.
Tommy Good. Up to 20.
Choker Campbell. "Shades of Blue" plus.
Don McKenzie. Almost an album.
Ray Oddis. More tracks.
Underdogs. Still more to come.
Marvin Gaye & Mary Wells. Could be 3 more.
Abdullah. LP`s worth.
Little Lisa. Recorded more than 12.
Hearts Of Stone. Unreleased album.
Marvin Gaye & Oma Page. Recorded more songs.
Marcus Belgraves. Recorded 3 albums in the 60`s.
Anita Knorl. 1 more.
Johnny Bristol. 3 more.
Hit Pack. an album`s worth.
Bruce Channel. more songs.
Headliners. ditto.
Quaills. 2 tracks.
Frank Morelli. 9 tracks.
There`s lots more to come with all the songs "assigned to" and if only 1/4 of these have made it then it would depend on whether there is a market.Plus of course numerous alt. versions.
I thought that all of their duets [[Marvin & Oma) had been released, with Your Kiss Kiss being the last known track. Do you know what songs may exist?

jboy88
01-23-2020, 04:19 PM
I've been waiting for these early 70's recordings as well. There have been some excellent early 70's releases that have come out as well. I was advocating for a Cellar Full of Motown release for the final Detroit years. I'm looking forward to Unreleased Motown 1970 in December. I heard Rose Batista cut some tracks in 1970 while she was working as a secretary for Motown. Fingers crossed that those tracks get released.
The Motown sound of the early 70s is often slept on by music aficionados. But to me the Funk brothers were just as hot then as they’d been in the sixties. Sure Benny Benjamin’s death left a noticeable void, they didn’t miss a beat [[no pun intended) with Uriel, Pistol and Andrew Smith picking up the slack. Even the LA produced tracks had tremendously improved once they started using the Crusaders and other musicians that could give the Funks a run for their money.

copley
01-23-2020, 06:07 PM
More Blinky - there's lots!
Hattie Littles
Celebration
Blackberries
Yvonne Fair's 2nd album
Rose Banks 2nd album
Ivy Jo Hunter
Devastating Affair
Lewis Sisters

blkfrost
01-23-2020, 06:21 PM
It would be great to have a change of pace and release some of the lesser known artists who have recorded for Motown and if you take the 1970s there were so many artists with releases not only on the main labels, but on Rare Earth, Prodigal, Mowest, Natural Resources, etc. I would like a CD release of Leslie Uggams self-titled album, Diahann Carroll, Riot, GC Cameron's last album, Jr. Walker's remaining albums, Platinum Hook's second album, Rose Banks, as well as the Originals. There are buyers out there and if Universal cannot supply buyers will go for unofficial releases, similar to Big Pink Music releases of the Rare Earth and Motown labels rock catalogs.

SatansBlues
01-23-2020, 06:32 PM
More Blinky - there's lots!
Hattie Littles
Celebration
Blackberries
Yvonne Fair's 2nd album
Rose Banks 2nd album
Ivy Jo Hunter
Devastating Affair
Lewis Sisters

Any idea how much more Blinky there is in the vaults? I would definitely be interested in the Blackberries, Devastating Affair and Yvonne Fair. When was her second album recorded? And are there any more 60's tracks in the vault by her?

Rjacks
01-23-2020, 07:17 PM
How bout some unreleased Smokey/Miracles songs. I'm sure that they have tons of music that's begging to be released.

Quinn
01-23-2020, 07:50 PM
How bout some unreleased Smokey/Miracles songs. I'm sure that they have tons of music that's begging to be released. That's what I thought too. Unfortunately Smokey left very little on the cutting room floor. He seemed to record only the songs he was most passionate about. That's why when we get unissued Miracles tunes it's only one. If you think that's a revelation then there's nothing left over from the 70's.

Roger Polhill
01-23-2020, 10:18 PM
There was no mention of songs Satans Blues only that there was an album recorded.Don`t forget that 3 Marvin and Kim tracks turned up recently.There will be no doubt quite a few demos from acts like Freda Payne,Delicates [[Undisputed Truth), the Parliaments , Falcons etc. Robb would know more about these.There are albums in the listings which haven`t seen the light of day:TM 244. Various "Live At The Fox", ML 619 Stepin` Fetchit "My Son The Sit In". MS 640 "Billy Eckstine Live at Lake Tahoe", Tony Martin "Live at the Americana", MS 697 "Mynah Birds", S735L and C.P. Spencer"Goin` For Myself". I would expect that these albums were recorded and then canned.

Ngroove
01-24-2020, 01:36 AM
Again, my hopes, which I hope would not be too much: in mainstream retail like Walmart, in their CD racks, alongside reissues of Beatles, Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, really, why couldn't Motown's sixties acts be just as reissued as Beatles, Rolling Stones, and Fleetwood Mac?

- Supremes' "Where Did Our Love Go", "More Hits By The Supremes", "I Hear A Symphony", "Supremes A Go-Go", "Love Child", "Cream Of The Crop"

- Four Tops, "Four Tops", "Second Album", "Reach Out", "On Top"

- Temptations, "Meet The Temptations", "Sing Smokey", "Gettin' Ready", "In A Mellow Mood", "With A Lot O' Soul", "Cloud Nine", "Puzzle People"

- Supremes & the Temptations, "Diana Ross & the Supremes Meet The Temptations", "TCB"

I'm talking cheap, bareboned reissues, that perpetually will replenish printing on the stands, affordably and accessibly, not deluxe, limited edition, two-disc slightly more expensives, that the rule is buy em' quick now, before whatever of them still found online jacked up exponential prices next time you see them, such as why I can never buy any of the Hip-O Marvelettes or Miracles CD albums sets.

Sharpmoves
01-24-2020, 07:25 AM
What a fascinating and deeply informative thread. This is the Motown Forum at its best.

I would certainly love to have Martha Reeves and the Vandellas Live at the Copa finally digitised and released, preferably in a box set with their Live album [[perhaps both the mono and stereo versions), and of course the "Live in Japan" recordings. All with a beautiful new booklet, and pictures.

Yes please to the Originals albums, as well.

darylb
01-27-2020, 05:26 PM
When is the movie Hitsville coming out on Blu Ray and DVD?I read that from a source in Billboard.

Fullfillingnessfirstfinale
01-28-2020, 04:48 AM
Any idea how much more Blinky there is in the vaults? I would definitely be interested in the Blackberries, Devastating Affair and Yvonne Fair. When was her second album recorded? And are there any more 60's tracks in the vault by her?

That´s a very interesting question, when she signed her Motown contract ? I love her track "I can´t let him go", it´s from 1968 isn´t it ? And I think her second album must be after 1975 or were there material evailable before, for an whole album ? From the Blackberries there must be an whole album in the faults, maybe some single tracks or we can create a combination with the A&M sides. Anbody have informations about the tracks by Blinky in the faults, maybe we have luck and see a lot of them of the unreleased Motown 1970

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
01-28-2020, 08:10 PM
Obviously there will be fewer unreleased tracks available now but we still get surprises and I expect the 70s will be mined for all they're worth - I won't complain about that. Points to Real Gone as purveyors of that genre - Mowest etc.

Elemental will probably surprise us with some conventional releases [[as they did with that bunch of Temptations classic albums).

Culture Factory continue to release their lovely mini album CDs [[and vinyl these days) and from time to time produce something unexpected as they did with the Tammi Terrell "Irresistible" mini LP CD. Perhaps they'll continue with a Four Tops series on the back of "Reach Out" and "On Top" and, of course they have made DRATS and Diana Ross mini LP CDs available over a few years.

I wouldn't expect ACE to produce anything for some time [[though I hope I'm wrong on that).

I hope there's something good to come from Universal Japan [[The Originals "Naturally Together" and "Definitions" on CD would be great) but they had a big splurge last year. One thing is for certain Oldays will continue to release their [[unofficial) Motown mini-LP CDs with slightly altered cover art [[as they have over recent years with Earl Van Dyke, Stevie Wonder, Vandellas, Chris Clark, Isley Bros and The Supremes - lastest one is "Meet The Supremes" with the white non-stools cover). Plus Big Pink I suspect will bring us an odd Rare Earth label release or two.

Later in the year yes I would hope for a 1970 Motown Unreleased download.

But there again what do I know. May not need to spend much lol

Speaking of Oldays, how are the mastering of the CDs? Are they from vinyl?

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
01-28-2020, 08:17 PM
There are so many artists that have albums never released on cd or albums that out of print on cd. I would love to see the entire Motown catalog from the 60's and 70's released to cd in some form, Hank Ballard and The Midnighters, Chuck Jacksons Wand albums on cd again, Ray Charles ABC albums on cd again, Bobby Viton's Blue On Blue album on cd, Connie Francis' Complete MGM catalog on cd, Pat Boones catalog, the missing Cameo Parkway albums on cd, the list goes on.

snakepit
01-29-2020, 10:23 AM
Regarding The Spinners..were we asked by Ace , or a representative, if we preferred a 60s or 70s set?
If so, I presume enough 70s track are in the vaults.

SatansBlues
01-29-2020, 11:10 AM
Regarding The Spinners..were we asked by Ace , or a representative, if we preferred a 60s or 70s set?
If so, I presume enough 70s track are in the vaults.
Didn't the Spinners leave Motown in 1970?

snakepit
01-29-2020, 12:10 PM
Yes, sorry about that . By 70s I meant the "second time around" album period. Probably 68-70...G.C. Cameron era .....Which I petsonally found variable at best.

SatansBlues
01-29-2020, 01:19 PM
Yes, sorry about that . By 70s I meant the "second time around" album period. Probably 68-70...G.C. Cameron era .....Which I petsonally found variable at best.
I'm all for an Expanded Edition of their Second Time Around album

snakepit
01-29-2020, 01:55 PM
Yes I would be happy to see, and purchase, such a CD collection.

drewschultz88
01-29-2020, 05:04 PM
Snakepit & SatansBlues, check this out!
https://www.amazon.com/While-City-Sleeps-Spinners/dp/B07F7VMZGF/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=spinners+city&qid=1580331649&sr=8-6

SatansBlues
01-29-2020, 05:26 PM
https://www.amazon.com/While-City-Sleeps-Spinners/dp/B07F7VMZGF/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=spinners+city&qid=1580331649&sr=8-6

Ok, how the heck did I miss this release??? Any reviews?

mysterysinger
01-29-2020, 06:06 PM
Yes "expanded" versions of both Spinners Motown albums have been available for a while.

snakepit
01-29-2020, 07:38 PM

Probably a sign of old age and/or losing interest ,but I have both CDs.....slightly worrying eh??

marv2
01-29-2020, 08:00 PM
I think the Originals are one of the few Detroit era Motown acts whose album catalogue has largely gone without reissue [[but please let me know if there are even more). I'd love to see a set containing their early material on the Soul label, albums Green Grow The Lilacs / Naturally Together / Portrait Of The Originals / Definitions / Game Called Love

Soul Music Records has done some great multi-album sets lately on Jr. Walker, Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes, The Emotions, etc., it would be great to see them make it happen. Plus, it's so cool hearing Motown cover early Earth Wind & Fire!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfWZHHIidKI

They sound like several different well known artists on this one song. It reminds me of the Chi-Lites, the Dells and Larry Graham all mixed in.

marv2
01-29-2020, 08:02 PM
Didn't the Spinners leave Motown in 1970?

In very late 1970 they left.

mysterysinger
01-30-2020, 03:58 AM
Love Bobby Smith's voice but I'm not fond of the track "While The City Sleeps"

snakepit
01-30-2020, 09:39 AM
Dig out my copy of "While the City sleeps".
I will give it a few plays....I was probably put off playing it as "The second time around" 'll was never a great favourite.

SatansBlues
01-30-2020, 10:52 AM
Probably a sign of old age and/or losing interest ,but I have both CDs.....slightly worrying eh??

Well it's definitely not due to a lack of interest because I've bought just about all the reissues/expanded editions. Maybe a bit of old age...

snakepit
01-30-2020, 12:05 PM
Remember the tracks now...after a few plays. Once again not mad about G.C. Cameron vocals...Bobby Smith for me.

snakepit
01-30-2020, 12:06 PM
Well it's definitely not due to a lack of interest because I've bought just about all the reissues/expanded editions. Maybe a bit of old age...

Yes old age I think.

jboy88
02-03-2020, 04:19 PM
I didn’t care for it at first, but it kind of grew on me. To me it sounds like a mashup of “Since I Don’t Have You” by the Skyliners and that song from “Cooley High” that Coachise, Preach and the gang sang drunkingly off key on the street corner. [[ Right before the part where they go joyriding in the stolen Caddy).

mjdestiny
06-25-2020, 11:50 AM
Two more CD coming from Oldays Records :

_ Jazz Side Of Motown 1961-1967 [[ 2 CD ):
https://merurido.jp/item.php?ky=ODR6940-41&visit_old=1

_ The Marvelous Marvelettes + bonus tracks :
https://merurido.jp/item.php?ky=ODR6938&visit_old=1

;)

Ngroove
06-26-2020, 12:08 AM

;)

Oldays is a Public Domain label.

There has been times and agains, when wanting early albums of Miracles, Marvelettes, and Little Stevie Wonder on CD, when the easiest accessibles to find was the public domains, but no, without official authorized Motown copyright = no thank you.

I have managed, after searching and searching on Amazon enough, some of them on Universal Japan, whenever they were still affordable enough.

paul_nixon
06-28-2020, 04:58 AM
Oldays is a Public Domain label.

There has been times and agains, when wanting early albums of Miracles, Marvelettes, and Little Stevie Wonder on CD, when the easiest accessibles to find was the public domains, but no, without official authorized Motown copyright = no thank you.

I have managed, after searching and searching on Amazon enough, some of them on Universal Japan, whenever they were still affordable enough.

So the copyright laws must be different in Japan as you would never get away with 'stealing' these for release in Europe or the US. If I remember Marginal used to get away with some things because where they were produced the copyright law was slacker but as soon as you exported them they became illegal - I wonder if any of that applies to Old Days?

mysterysinger
06-28-2020, 06:39 AM
They trade freely on eBay as do Big Pink but let's face it we are getting nothing else right now CD wise apart from Miss Ross and DRATS. At least we can look forward to a re release of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons Motown Anthology plus a further disk of unreleased Motown material [[but only if we are prepared to fork out good money for the other 37 or so disks in the same set).

lakedistrictlad1
06-28-2020, 06:44 AM
So the copyright laws must be different in Japan as you would never get away with 'stealing' these for release in Europe or the US. If I remember Marginal used to get away with some things because where they were produced the copyright law was slacker but as soon as you exported them they became illegal - I wonder if any of that applies to Old Days?

It's interesting that these Oldays releases are not available on Amazon U.K or any 'legitimate' music retailer. Only eBay. So maybe there is something decidedly dodgy about these being exported.

I did actually purchase the Elgins cd on eBay a couple of months ago, but got a refund as it never arrived!

booty
06-28-2020, 07:24 AM

Adrian's Records in Wickford stocked all of the Marginal releases. The owner used to complain that they had to provide the jewel cases as the releases arrived without them.

mysterysinger
06-28-2020, 05:48 PM
When Beatin' Rhythm had a shop in Manchester they stocked the Marginal releases and I did buy some from there. I expect they would be stocking Oldays if the shop was still there.

mysterysinger
06-28-2020, 06:15 PM

;)

Not forgetting Martha and The Vandellas "Watchout" which has the Live! album as its bonus tracks.

The tracks on the Jazz CD [[released at the end of July) are:

01. WHAT'S WRONG WITH GROOVIN' / LETTA MBULU
02. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE BLUES / YAPHET KOTTO
03. I'MI SEE YOU LATER / THE JOHNNY GRIFFITH TRIO
04. FALLING IN LOVE WITH LOVE / PAULA GREER
05. I STILL LOVE YOU / LEFTY EDWARDS
06. EL RIG / GEORGE BOHANAN QUARTET
07. HOW HIGH THE MOON / MARVIN GAYE
08. CONGO TWIST / THE TWISTIN' KINGS
09. OPUS NO.3 / EARL WASHINGTON ALL STARS
10. LATE FREIGHT / DAVE HAMILTON
11. EXODUS / HANK&CAROL DIAMOND
12. SOULIN' / ROY BROOKS
13. HAITIAN FIGHT SONG / PEPPER ADAMS
14. SOUL BONGO / LITTLE STEVIE WONDER
15. STEAL AWAY TONIGHT / BARBARA MCNAIR
16. ONE SCOTCH.ONE.BOURBON.ONE BEER / AMOS MILBURN

SIDE-2
01. WHAT IS WRONG WITH GROOVIN'? / HUGH MESEKELA
02. HAVE YOU DUG HIS SCENE / YAPHET KOTTO
03. MORE THAN A DREAM / EIVETS REDNOW
04. SOUL STOMP / EARL VAN DYKE
05. MICKEY'S MONEY / CHOKER CAMPBELL AND HIS 16 PIECE BAND
06. WHAT A DAY / BARBARA MCNAIR
07. MANHATTAN AT SIX / LITTLE STEVIE WONDER
08. SOULSPHERE / ROY BROOKS SEXTET
09. WITCHCRAFT / MARVIN GAYE
10. I REMEMBER YOU / HANK&CAROL DIAMOND
11. CUBAN CARNIVAL / EARL WASHINGTON
12. DON'T BE NO FOOL / AMOS MILBURN
13. GOODNIGHT MY LOVE / LEFTY EDWARDS
14. I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT YOU / PAULA GREER
15. LOVE IS GONE / BILLY ECKSTINE

mjdestiny
08-22-2020, 09:58 AM
More CD coming from Oldays Records :

_ JR Walker & The All Stars / Soul Session + Road Runner :
https://merurido.jp/item.php?ky=ODR6953&visit_old=1
_ The Supremes / Sing Rodgers And Hart + Sing Country , Western And Pop :
https://merurido.jp/item.php?ky=ODR6956&visit_old=1

Also two reissues from the "Music On CD" label :

_ Marvin Gaye / That Stubborn Kinda' Fellow :
https://musiconcd.eu/product/marvin-gaye-that-stubborn-kinda-fellow/

_ Marvin Gaye / Dream Of A Lifetime :
https://musiconcd.eu/product/marvin-gaye-dream-of-a-lifetime/

thommg
08-22-2020, 11:42 AM
I have to admit that many, many years ago, before the internet, I saw a few Marginal releases at my used CD store and grabbed them up. The sound was not always great but I had some songs I wanted in digital form. I have some bootlegs in my collection, but I have also bought the authorized tracks when they were released. If Motown/Universal releases them, I will buy!!!!

mysterysinger
08-22-2020, 11:58 AM
More CD coming from Oldays Records :

_ JR Walker & The All Stars / Soul Session + Road Runner :
https://merurido.jp/item.php?ky=ODR6953&visit_old=1
_ The Supremes / Sing Rodgers And Hart + Sing Country , Western And Pop :
https://merurido.jp/item.php?ky=ODR6956&visit_old=1

Also two reissues from the "Music On CD" label :

_ Marvin Gaye / That Stubborn Kinda' Fellow :
https://musiconcd.eu/product/marvin-gaye-that-stubborn-kinda-fellow/

_ Marvin Gaye / Dream Of A Lifetime :
https://musiconcd.eu/product/marvin-gaye-dream-of-a-lifetime/

That's interesting - thanks for the update.

I always thought the "Soul Session" cover looked fab and the new CD should be good - 2 albums on 1 CD again. As with The Supremes but I'd like to have seen CW&P with its own paper sleeve.

The Jazz double CD can be picked up reasonably at the moment.

That MUSIC ON CD label is a Universal product of course. I only have one of theirs and that's the Michael Jackson "Farewell My Summer Love" CD [[which has a proper Motown label). They also released Rare Earth's "Get Ready" which seems to have seen numeroud releases.

Oldays is unofficial though operates within Japanese law where copyright expires after 50 years. Their parent Clinck seems proper though if this Teena Marie "Irons In The Fire" release is anything to go by https://www.discogs.com/Teena-Marie-Irons-In-The-Fire/release/11753642

paul_nixon
08-23-2020, 04:57 AM
Can I ask where you saw Music On CD was a Universal company please?

booty
08-23-2020, 09:28 AM

Music on CD / Universal

booty
08-23-2020, 09:48 AM
Music on CD is based in Netherlands.

calvin
08-23-2020, 09:49 AM
I read on the Steve Hoffman Music Forum - so it may or may not be true, but it sounds reasonable - that Music on CD is an independent company which licenses cd masters, artwork, etc from Sony & Universal [[and perhaps others but I didn't see Warner mentioned) to re-release out-of-print titles. People write that they include the original label name along with "Music on CD" [[as in the image in the post above).

Just taking a quick glance at their catalogue I see titles from CBS Masterworks and Columbia, which are part of Sony now. [[In fact, Marvin Gaye's "Dream of a Lifetime" referred to above is on Columbia.)

paul_nixon
08-24-2020, 05:27 AM
I read on the Steve Hoffman Music Forum - so it may or may not be true, but it sounds reasonable - that Music on CD is an independent company which licenses cd masters, artwork, etc from Sony & Universal [[and perhaps others but I didn't see Warner mentioned) to re-release out-of-print titles. People write that they include the original label name along with "Music on CD" [[as in the image in the post above).

Just taking a quick glance at their catalogue I see titles from CBS Masterworks and Columbia, which are part of Sony now. [[In fact, Marvin Gaye's "Dream of a Lifetime" referred to above is on Columbia.)

I think that is more likely as Universal would not be releasing Sony product and vice versa

mysterysinger
08-24-2020, 04:24 PM
The Motown CDs are made for Universal Music B.V.

Or so it says anyway.

calvin
08-25-2020, 04:22 AM
The Motown CDs are made for Universal Music B.V.

Or so it says anyway.

Yes, I saw that on the image booty posted above also. The releases they do of Sony titles probably say the same, "for Sony". Music on CD seems to be a manufacturer and distributor of cds who sort of "share" the label credit with the owners of the content.

I think there was some misunderstanding here. You wrote that the "Music on CD label is a Universal product of course". Then Paul asked where you saw that Music on CD is a "Universal company". One could say that their Universal releases are "Universal product", while a title such as "Dream of a Lifetime" would then be a "Sony product". I'm pretty sure that Music on CD is not a "Universal company", though.

According to discogs, the parent company of Music on CD is Music on Vinyl BV and: "Music On Vinyl B.V. is the company that manufactures and distributes Music On Vinyl releases; it is NOT a label."

https://www.discogs.com/label/508112-Music-On-CD

https://www.discogs.com/label/322260-Music-On-Vinyl-BV

If you look at Marvin Gaye's "Dream of a Lifetime", Amazon lists "Music on CD" as both the manufacturer and the label [[Columbia/Sony is not mentioned). It's the same for Rare Earth's "Get Ready."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dream-Lifetime-Marvin-Gaye/dp/B08F6MVF1T/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1A9Z6UU8RRQHB&dchild=1&keywords=marvin+gaye+dream+of+a+lifetime&qid=1598346523&s=music&sprefix=marvin+gaye+drea%2Caps%2C149&sr=1-2

From the Music on Vinyl website:
"Are Music On Vinyl releases officially licensed?
Yes. We obtain official licenses from a wide range of copyright holders, whether it be major record companies or independent artists who own their own rights."

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/about-us#.X0THfOhKhpg

Instead of a label deciding what to release, having a bunch of cds manufactured by someone, and then the label distributing - this company is apparently deciding what they want to make [[they even take requests), licensing it, and then distributing it themselves.

If Universal contracted a company to manufacture cds for them - I read on discogs that Universal manufactures only some of their own releases - I think a manufacturer would normally just be paid a fixed amount to produce a certain number of cds. Universal distributes the product in such cases [[according to discogs). I don't think the manufacturer would need to "license" the material, and they wouldn't have any risk if the release doesn't sell - the label would have the sales risk. I'm only speculating, but it may be that Music on CD takes the risk of a loss if the title doesn't sell [[after all, it seems that they are deciding what to re-release) in return for a nice cut of the profits if it does well?

In any case, it doesn't really matter, it's only a technicality who owns Music on CD - these are officially licensed re-releases of Universal [[or Sony, etc) titles from, it seems, the original Universal [[or Sony, etc) cd masters.

mysterysinger
08-25-2020, 08:52 AM
That seems like a pretty fair assessment.

mysterysinger
08-25-2020, 08:54 AM
But how many times do we really need a reissue of Stubborn Kind Of Fellow?

calvin
08-25-2020, 09:12 AM

Perhaps you'd like to request "Four Tops Now!"? ;)

mysterysinger
08-25-2020, 12:41 PM
Yes I already have lol

Ngroove
08-25-2020, 10:48 PM

Official Motown / Universal release, or public domain release?

I do have a reissue of That Stubborn Kind Of Fellow in the Marvin Gaye, Volume 1 [[Univeral / Motown) CD set that had his albums on 1961 - 1965, pretty nice to hear remastered "Stubborn Kind Of Fellow" and "Pride & Joy", as well as it in its cute little sleeve cover.

mjdestiny
11-06-2020, 12:22 PM
One more CD coming from The Oldays Records label :

MARY WELLS - The One Who Really Loves You + Recorded Live On Stage

THE ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU

01. THE ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU
02. TWO WRONGS DON’T MAKE A RIGHT
03. YOU BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH
04. I’VE GOT A NOTION
05. THE DAY WILL COME
06. STRANGE LOVE
07. YOU’RE MY DESIRE
08. I’LL STILL BE AROUND
09. SHE DON’T LOVE YOU
10. DRIFTING LOVE

BONUS TRACKS:『RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE』
11. TWO LOVERS
12. LAUGHING BOY
13. I DON’T WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE
14. BYE BYE BABY
15. THE ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU
16. OLD LOVE [[LET’S TRY IT AGAIN)
17. OPERATOR
18. YOU BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH

https://merurido.jp/item.php?pdid=ODR6978

luckyluckyme
11-06-2020, 06:40 PM
George or Andy,

Are the bonus tracks from the master tapes?

carlo
11-06-2020, 08:23 PM
George or Andy,

The reissues coming from this Oldays label in Japan are bootlegs and they have been able to release these titles because of the loophole with Japan's copyright laws on albums over a certain age. Since they are bootlegs, they are not officially licensed from Universal and not sourced from the original master tapes. They would have to be sourced from vinyls, transferred to digital.

mysterysinger
11-07-2020, 06:40 AM
They sound fine though, to me, whereas I've had some official product with discernable clicks as if from vinyl.

David Ruffin's "My Whole World Ended" CD from Elemental has the worst mastering of any CD I've ever owned.

For Oldays:

On the plus side, sound is fine, sometimes albums not officially available on CD, often bonus tracks and/or bonus albums, mini-LP sleeve, rare albums.

On the negative side unofficial, album art not true to the original release, price around the same as an official release, length of time to arrive.

I note that shipping to the USA is extortionate [[not their fault of course) whereas shipping to the UK is only around $3.

calvin
11-07-2020, 07:12 AM
George or Andy,

You probably know this already, but just to mention in case someone doesn't - Universal did an official digital release of "Mary Wells Recorded Live On Stage" but [[as far as I'm aware) it wasn't released physically. It can be streamed or purchased as a download in cd-quality audio [[16 bit, 44.1 kHz):

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/recorded-live-on-stage-mary-wells/0060253787962

https://uk.7digital.com/artist/mary-wells/release/recorded-live-on-stage-3541561?f=20%2C19%2C12%2C16%2C17%2C9%2C2

Bluebrock
11-07-2020, 09:25 AM
When Beatin' Rhythm had a shop in Manchester they stocked the Marginal releases and I did buy some from there. I expect they would be stocking Oldays if the shop was still there.

I remember that store. Sorry to hear it is no longer there. I used to visit regularly when my daughter had an apartment in Deansgate.

carlo
11-07-2020, 10:04 AM
They sound fine though, to me, whereas I've had some official product with discernable clicks as if from vinyl.

In some cases, they can clean-up the recordings to remove the clicks and pops. Presence of clicks and pops always depends on the condition of the vinyl itself that is being sourced, and to what extent they have cleaned up the audio transfer. As pointed out above, if the title in question has already had an official digital release at some point, then bootleggers will more than likely source from that digital release...they'll use whatever best source is available to them. This can apply to official releases too. For instance, I recently did an audio analysis of the official CD reissue of The Supremes' Produced & Arranged by Jimmy Webb from Universal Japan, and they had simply used the tracks from disc 3 of the "This Is the Story: The Jean Terrell Years" box set. So unless there is a direct statement saying that a release is a new transfer/remaster from the original master tapes, chances are that it isn't, especially if it's a bootleg. :)

calvin
11-07-2020, 11:09 AM
In some cases, they can clean-up the recordings to remove the clicks and pops. Presence of clicks and pops always depends on the condition of the vinyl itself that is being sourced, and to what extent they have cleaned up the audio transfer. As pointed out above, if the title in question has already had an official digital release at some point, then bootleggers will more than likely source from that digital release...they'll use whatever best source is available to them. This can apply to official releases too. For instance, I recently did an audio analysis of the official CD reissue of The Supremes' Produced & Arranged by Jimmy Webb from Universal Japan, and they had simply used the tracks from disc 3 of the "This Is the Story: The Jean Terrell Years" box set. So unless there is a direct statement saying that a release is a new transfer/remaster from the original master tapes, chances are that it isn't, especially if it's a bootleg. :)

I don't own any Oldays cds, but my understanding is that they are legal public domain releases in Japan. I'm pretty sure that it would not be legal for them to simply use Universal's digital download as their source, as that digital master will have its own "sound copyright" [[which would not be in the public domain). I would expect them to source these from vinyl - maybe someone who has some of them can say. It is possible with some effort, as you write, to make a very good digital transfer from a good vinyl source, cleaning up the crackles and such.

The Supremes' Jimmy Webb album is different, that's just Universal repackaging its own material which they already digitally mastered not so long ago.

carlo
11-07-2020, 07:12 PM
I have not heard of the concept of a separate sound copyright on the use of a digital master. Interesting! I have the Oldays CD release of The Supremes' We Remember Sam Cooke. I didn't pick up on any hint of it being a vinyl transfer, but I am sure you are correct. I will perhaps need to take a look at the wave forms sometime and see if I can compare it to the official digital release.

calvin
11-08-2020, 10:19 AM
Carlo, I think it's the case but now I'm perhaps less than "pretty sure". I searched a bit on the internet but didn't find anything definitive.

I just pulled out The Miracles' "Depend On Me" set, it says "©℗ 2009 Motown Records...". I think the circled P means it has a 2009 sound recording copyright. "Hi, We're The Miracles" is in the public domain now but I don't think that anyone can [[legally) just make a digital copy of that album from "Depend On Me" and sell it. Hallmark released a public domain version in 2012 and reviewers on Amazon say that the Hallmark cd is obviously from vinyl.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hi-Were-Miracles/dp/B006GP3TJ2/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=hi+we%27re+the+miracles&qid=1604852461&s=music&sr=1-4

Did Universal get a new sound recording copyright because the digital release was a new mix? If they just took the original analogue final master and did nothing but digitize it, would they get a new copyright?

keith_hughes
11-09-2020, 08:10 AM
Ace have a new Motown CD scheduled for March 2021. Dunno yet whether we'll make it.

Motown Unreleased 1970 is looking dubious at the moment, sad to say.

luckyluckyme
11-09-2020, 11:43 AM
Ace have a new Motown CD scheduled for March 2021. Dunno yet whether we'll make it.

Thanks Keith,

Looking forward to the new Motown Ace cd.

Oh well, the yealy unreleased downloads were fun while they lasted.

SatansBlues
11-09-2020, 09:38 PM

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I've bought every year and have been looking forward to them like an early Christmas gift!

carlo
11-09-2020, 10:35 PM
Carlo, I think it's the case but now I'm perhaps less than "pretty sure". I searched a bit on the internet but didn't find anything definitive.

I just pulled out The Miracles' "Depend On Me" set, it says "©℗ 2009 Motown Records...". I think the circled P means it has a 2009 sound recording copyright. "Hi, We're The Miracles" is in the public domain now but I don't think that anyone can [[legally) just make a digital copy of that album from "Depend On Me" and sell it. Hallmark released a public domain version in 2012 and reviewers on Amazon say that the Hallmark cd is obviously from vinyl.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hi-Were-Miracles/dp/B006GP3TJ2/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=hi+we%27re+the+miracles&qid=1604852461&s=music&sr=1-4

Did Universal get a new sound recording copyright because the digital release was a new mix? If they just took the original analogue final master and did nothing but digitize it, would they get a new copyright?

Yes, you're right, Calvin. Thanks for clarifying. I found the following from a quick Google search:

"The ℗ 'P in a circle', is referred to as the sound recording, phonorecords, phonogram or phonographic copyright symbol. Sound recordings have a separate copyright that is distinct from that of the underlying work."

calvin
11-10-2020, 06:46 AM
Hi Carlo, yes the Ⓟ is for the copyright on a recording of music, as opposed to the songwriter copyright.

In the US, a recording has to be "substantially different" [[from previous copyrighted recordings) to be protected by a new sound recording copyright. A US court ruled in 2016 that a remaster was different enough, but this was overturned by another court two years later - so a remaster is not protected by a new copyright in the US. [[But the early Motown recordings have not gone into the public domain in the US, as they have in the EU and Japan.)

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2018/08/21/remaster-copyright-district-court-appeals/

I also found something from the EU: "These [remasters] should be considered as original recordings, so as to incentivize phonogram producers to release their back catalogues." So it seems that remasters are protected by a new sound recording copyright in the EU, which explains why the EU public domain releases are vinyl rips.

[[It's in this lengthy document, if you care you can search for the word "remaster".)
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2018/604957/IPOL_STU[[2018)604957_EN.pdf

But with Oldays, we are talking about Japan...

jboy88
11-10-2020, 10:38 AM

I’m sure with the COVID-19 protocols in order, putting MU 70 together might have to be put on hold for now. If so, I completely understand. Maybe next year we’ll get a double batch 70 and 71.

carlo
11-10-2020, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all of that info, Calvin! Interesting stuff.

calvin
11-10-2020, 11:12 AM
Thanks for all of that info, Calvin! Interesting stuff.

All that but it still doesn't answer the question of where Oldays sources their music [[I still guess vinyl). Not planning to buy anything from them though, unless they have something I want that hasn't seen an official digital [[cd or download) release.

carlo
11-10-2020, 08:05 PM
All that but it still doesn't answer the question of where Oldays sources their music [[I still guess vinyl). Not planning to buy anything from them though, unless they have something I want that hasn't seen an official digital [[cd or download) release.

I only own Oldays' Supremes Sam Cooke release, and I had initially suspected that they had sourced it from the official 90's CD release. However, I was just checking tonight and the Oldays release does not have the extended version of You Send Me on it, which was on the original official CD, as well as the 2015 iTunes release. That version clocks in at around 2:44 and the version on the Oldays release clocks in at around 2:16, so I think they must have sourced the audio from the stereo vinyl. It's likely this is the case for all of their titles. They recently released Martha & the Vandellas' Watchout on CD, with their 1967 Live album added onto it as a bonus, and that album has not had an official digital release, other than having appeared on iTunes for like two seconds, years ago, before vanishing, so they would have had to have sourced that one from the vinyl as well, along with all of the others in their catalogue.

calvin
11-11-2020, 04:55 AM
Good to know, thanks for the info, Carlo.

booty
11-11-2020, 03:26 PM
You probably know this already, but just to mention in case someone doesn't - Universal did an official digital release of "Mary Wells Recorded Live On Stage" but [[as far as I'm aware) it wasn't released physically. It can be streamed or purchased as a download in cd-quality audio [[16 bit, 44.1 kHz):

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/recorded-live-on-stage-mary-wells/0060253787962

https://uk.7digital.com/artist/mary-wells/release/recorded-live-on-stage-3541561?f=20%2C19%2C12%2C16%2C17%2C9%2C2

It's not a live album! I purchased this from 7-Digital and was able to get a refund

calvin
11-11-2020, 03:40 PM
It's not a live album! I purchased this from 7-Digital and was able to get a refund

Really? I purchased mine from Qobuz back in 2014 and it's the live album, I just checked [[though I would have noticed it back then if it hadn't been). I added the 7Digital link because it's a more popular vendor which also sells lossless downloads, and forum members might already have an account there but not with Qobuz. I just played the first sample on 7Digital and it seems ok. Strange.

Update:
I think you bought the wrong download, not the one I linked. If you searched 7Digital for the album [[instead of using my link), there are 3 listings: from Rarity Music, Uni/Motown, and Soul Story. Rarity Music and Soul Story are apparently public domain releases, not the ones to get.

The link I gave is to the Uni/Motown download, which also says "℗ 2014 Motown Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc."

Playing samples, I hear that the first listing - from Rarity Music - is not live. They just used studio recordings in the same order as the tracks for the live album. I guess you bought that one. One has to pay attention to the issuing label, especially with titles in the public domain.

Roger Polhill
11-11-2020, 04:04 PM
I have just checked my download from 7 digital and it is the live album.It is not one show but from 2 venues as is the original release.

booty
11-14-2020, 02:52 AM
Really? I purchased mine from Qobuz back in 2014 and it's the live album, I just checked [[though I would have noticed it back then if it hadn't been). I added the 7Digital link because it's a more popular vendor which also sells lossless downloads, and forum members might already have an account there but not with Qobuz. I just played the first sample on 7Digital and it seems ok. Strange.

Update:
I think you bought the wrong download, not the one I linked. If you searched 7Digital for the album [[instead of using my link), there are 3 listings: from Rarity Music, Uni/Motown, and Soul Story. Rarity Music and Soul Story are apparently public domain releases, not the ones to get.

The link I gave is to the Uni/Motown download, which also says "℗ 2014 Motown Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc."

Playing samples, I hear that the first listing - from Rarity Music - is not live. They just used studio recordings in the same order as the tracks for the live album. I guess you bought that one. One has to pay attention to the issuing label, especially with titles in the public domain.

Thanks for the information. Having checked again it was the 2019 version I downloaded. Have now downloaded the correct version from 2014.

mjdestiny
11-23-2020, 12:21 PM
One more from Oldays Records :

Temptations Live ! [[1967) + Bonus tracks :

https://merurido.jp/item.php?ky=ODR6989&visit_old=1

The 4 bonus tracks are studio versions.

mysterysinger
11-24-2020, 09:38 AM
And from the Rare Earth label thread, The Cats "45 Lives" on CD from Big Pink.

François
11-25-2020, 11:08 AM
I didn't know where to post this so I hope it's the right place even though Motown isn't posting this. The cover album Motown Classics by A Loss Of Words, pop-punk group is reissued this month on vinyl. The pop-punk-style covers are out of the ordinary!

https://purenoise.merchnow.com/collections/pure-noise-records

Exemple: https://youtu.be/om7MzPEcGQk

François
12-03-2020, 06:51 AM
The Great March On Washington coming January 15, 2021 on LP: https://elusivedisc.com/the-great-march-on-washington-lp/

jbpintus
12-05-2020, 10:49 PM
Culture Factory has released RARE EARTH - Generation [[2000 copies limited edition on pink vinyl only)
To my knowledge it’s the first time ever this album gets released officially.