PDA

View Full Version : Dionne Warwick on Celebrity Apprentice

test

smark21
03-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Dionne Warwick is catching a lot of flak [[deservedly so) for her behavior on The Celebrity Apprentice. See article below and comments in link below. Her attitude to Marlee Matlin was especially bad. Though I'm surprised that people are surprised that Dionne can be this way. This is the same woman who used money raised for AIDS charities to pamper herself and she was a spokeswoman for the Psychic Friends Network. An excellent singer in her day, but a nasty sleaze.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/03/celebrity-apprentice-recap-thats-right-lil-jon-the-cat-fights-poppin.html

Motown_M_1056
03-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Dionne Warwick is catching a lot of flak [[deservedly so) for her behavior on The Celebrity Apprentice. See article below and comments in link below. Her attitude to Marlee Matlin was especially bad. Though I'm surprised that people are surprised that Dionne can be this way. This is the same woman who used money raised for AIDS charities to pamper herself and she was a spokeswoman for the Psychic Friends Network. An excellent singer in her day, but a nasty sleaze.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/03/celebrity-apprentice-recap-thats-right-lil-jon-the-cat-fights-poppin.html

I saw that episode of Celebrity Apprentice. I heard what Dionne Warwick said, but I"ll have to see it again. Marlee Matlin was angry but I can't remember the comment.

Dionne is 70 years old and like most people that age, she's set in her ways. I admit, If I were on the show, I'd give her a pass just out of respect for her age. She was kind of pushy about getting her name on this project her team created and she did cuss.

Matlin did tell Donald Trump what she thought of Dionne and said: "People tell me she's a legend. I don't know..." Trump stupidly replied, "Don't you know?" Of course, Matlin is deaf.

But Dionne's actions didn't really surprise me. She's been a diva for a long time. It seems there are Dionne haters waiting for Trump to fire her, which is bound to happen. Dionne can't get a break with some people because of the Psychic friends, her AIDS fund handling mishap [[wasn't she cleared of any wrong doing?) and her loyalty to Whitney Houston and O.J. Simpson.

I like Celebrity Apprentice because it catches celebrities with their guards down. They can't control their images and you get to see how they really are and how they work with others. This season is especially interesting because of Dionne's participation. I'm eager to see how it will play out. But clearly Dionne has alligned herself with Star Jones, NeNe Leakes and LaToya Jackson, and they will make quick and short work of Matlin, Niki Taylor and the Playboy model. Dionne, Star & NeNe will then bump off LaToya and the three will practically kill each other in the boardroom. This is good TV.

Dionne has put on her grande cajones and deserves some props for doing a show that some of her image-conscious peers like Gladys Knight and Mary Wilson would never do.

Drew P. Nads
03-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Miss Warwick obviously has no need of folk who don't spend money on her product!

marv2
03-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Dionne Warwick is not a nasty sleaze.

reese
03-15-2011, 01:18 PM
After watching this last episode, I thought for sure Dionne was going to be fired. After all, in the end, it was her concept that made her group lose. And I did think that she was being rather rude to the project manager, Lisa Rinna. But in the end, Rinna's own comments about her ability did her in.

Motown_M_1056
03-15-2011, 05:41 PM
After watching this last episode, I thought for sure Dionne was going to be fired. After all, in the end, it was her concept that made her group lose. And I did think that she was being rather rude to the project manager, Lisa Rinna. But in the end, Rinna's own comments about her ability did her in.

Lisa Rinna was clearly set up to be fired. NeNe Leakes pretty much said so early in that episode. Star Jones is running the women's team so far and Star wanted Lisa gone. Star, NeNe & Dionne knew Lisa Rinna could not handle them and they worked to get rid of her.

jillfoster
03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
WOWEEEEE! I saw the episode last night, and more importantly have scanned the net for comments from all different types of discussion groups.... and I can say with all seriousness, Dionne is RUINED. She managed to shake off the Psychic Friends thing for the most part, but today, not ONE even lukewarm comment about Dionne. The anger, the dissolutionment, people saying they'll never think of her music the same way again. I was really looking forward to this, but Dionne has just totally destroyed her dignity and reputation with one stroke. This was the worst career move she has ever made.

selbmarsh2000
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Matlin did tell Donald Trump what she thought of Dionne and said: "People tell me she's a legend. I don't know..." Trump stupidly replied, "Don't you know?" Of course, Matlin is deaf.

Trump is a homophobic dick. It pains me to talk shit about Dionne, because she was my late brother's favorite. He died of AIDS in 1989.

smark21
03-15-2011, 09:45 PM
WOWEEEEE! I saw the episode last night, and more importantly have scanned the net for comments from all different types of discussion groups.... and I can say with all seriousness, Dionne is RUINED. She managed to shake off the Psychic Friends thing for the most part, but today, not ONE even lukewarm comment about Dionne. The anger, the dissolutionment, people saying they'll never think of her music the same way again. I was really looking forward to this, but Dionne has just totally destroyed her dignity and reputation with one stroke. This was the worst career move she has ever made.

But she has to do things like Celebrity Apprentice as she owes over 2 million dollars in back taxes. That's also why she's doing a lot of concerts even though her voice is not in great shape. And after her behavior on The Apprentice, she's going to have a hard time getting future concert bookings unless she does something major to redeem herself or goes on a post Apprentice mea culpa media tour. She was just disgusting on Sunday's episode--very rude and dismissive of deaf people in general and Marlee Matlin in particular [[she wouldn't even look at Marlee) and trying to get individual credit for the Children's book that was being written for charity. "Conceived by Dionne Warwick and written by Star Jones with Team ASAP", lol!

daviddesper
03-16-2011, 12:31 AM
I have never watched one episode of the Apprentice and won't, no matter who is on it, because I think Trump is such an arrogant ass. So even though Miss Dionne is my favorite singer of all time, I still won't watch the show. Therefore I can't comment on how she is doing or what she might be saying.

I will just say in general that it has seemed to me that, as she has gotten older, she has gotten more desperate in her career decisions. Since her voice is not what it once was, and she can no longer make "hit records," so to speak, it seems like she has ridden the coattails of everyone imaginable in order to get noticed or remembered, and that makes me so sad, since I am a huge fan. I think the most obvious example of this kind of behavior was when she re-made What the World Needs Now with all those hip-hop artists of the day, on the assumption that all their fans would buy the record.

But I am not giving up on her and in fact, I have just today received the word telling me that her new CD is in the mail and on its way to me. I am very interested to see how it sounds.

carlo
03-16-2011, 04:48 PM
I was very disappointed in Dionne's behaviour, especially since I've always been a big fan of her's. I checked Twitter after the show aired and there was not one nice comment about her. She definitely did herself in. I hope she owns up to her mistake and apologizes. On the final show, they usually have all the contestants come back and talk about their journey on the show. Maybe she will address it? I hope so.

I was so disappointed, I even went as far to cancel my pre-order of her new album on Amazon.

smark21
03-16-2011, 10:00 PM
I have never watched one episode of the Apprentice and won't, no matter who is on it, because I think Trump is such an arrogant ass. So even though Miss Dionne is my favorite singer of all time, I still won't watch the show. Therefore I can't comment on how she is doing or what she might be saying.

I will just say in general that it has seemed to me that, as she has gotten older, she has gotten more desperate in her career decisions. Since her voice is not what it once was, and she can no longer make "hit records," so to speak, it seems like she has ridden the coattails of everyone imaginable in order to get noticed or remembered, and that makes me so sad, since I am a huge fan. I think the most obvious example of this kind of behavior was when she re-made What the World Needs Now with all those hip-hop artists of the day, on the assumption that all their fans would buy the record.

But I am not giving up on her and in fact, I have just today received the word telling me that her new CD is in the mail and on its way to me. I am very interested to see how it sounds.

That came out in the late 90's around the time Dionne Warwick had teamed up with C. Dolores Tucker and spoke out about misogyny in rap music. Some of the rappers hit back at Dionne by saying she was against hip hop and she did the record, in part, to show that she could work with rappers if the message was positive. However, the final result, while well intentioned, was pretty cheesy.

Roberta75
03-16-2011, 10:11 PM
I was very disappointed in Dionne's behaviour, especially since I've always been a big fan of her's. I checked Twitter after the show aired and there was not one nice comment about her. She definitely did herself in. I hope she owns up to her mistake and apologizes. On the final show, they usually have all the contestants come back and talk about their journey on the show. Maybe she will address it? I hope so.

I was so disappointed, I even went as far to cancel my pre-order of her new album on Amazon.

Dionne had better apologize soon for her mean behavior or her concerts will have many empty seats.

glencro
04-06-2011, 01:04 PM
I'll never look at Dionne the same. This appearance was not good pr for her at all [[sorta like Wendy Williams going on Dancing With The Stars). She really had a bad disposition and the image of the classy woman that I always saw on tv all of these years has gone out of the window. I have to admit that I fell out laughing when she told one of the ladies "HUZZY I got yo number". I hadn't heard the word HUZZY in years LOLOL...but Dionne reminded me of one of those older laies that smoke, drink and curse while playing cards. SMH

glencro
04-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I'd love to see Patti LaBelle on there. I've seen her cut up a few times with my own eyes. That would be most interesting to see.

Kamasu_Jr
04-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I'd love to see Patti LaBelle on there. I've seen her cut up a few times with my own eyes. That would be most interesting to see.

It was a disastrous career move for Dionne Warwick. She got on everybody's nerves and not one of her cast/team mates was sad to see her go. That was telling. Some people have said they skipped buying her latest disc because of her behavior on the Apprentice. She just seemed tough, like an old iron butterfly, and often for no reason except thaat she felt like being cantankerous.
I doubt if other singers like Dionne will go on the show because it shows them as they really are.

daddyacey
04-07-2011, 04:08 AM
I think It's a damn shame that Dionne has to or chose to even paticipate in this type of circus show. It taints her legacy and body of work IMO ,regardless of what ever reason she had for doing it. It just didn't sit right with me. Some aspects of a person of her talent and historical stature in music, personality is TMI. Thats just me I guess.

marv2
04-07-2011, 09:28 AM
I think It's a damn shame that Dionne has to or chose to even paticipate in this type of circus show. It taints her legacy and body of work IMO ,regardless of what ever reason she had for doing it. It just didn't sit right with me. Some aspects of a person of her talent and historical stature in music, personality is TMI. Thats just me I guess.

I agree Daddy. Dionne is a music legend. These reality shows are cheap [[no need for script writers,etc.) and in my opinion low-brow stuff. It does not take the use to talent to really participate in them. Dionne may have drawn some viewers to watch [[myself included) but she should not have done that show to begin with. Sone others are trying to lobby to get more of our music legends to participate other realities show such as "Dancing with the Stars" and I am against it.

luke
04-07-2011, 09:48 AM
What did she say?

Motown_M_1056
04-07-2011, 11:56 AM
What did she say?

There was a running gag on the Tom Joyner Show about old insults Dionne Warwick used while on Celebrity Apprenttce. She referred to former model Niki Taylor as "a hussy."
Hussy? That's a word Olive Oyl used to use.
And she said something negative about deaf people which offended deaf actress Marlie Matlin...something about kids not having enough time or patience to learn to "sign" and that they'd feel sadness and pity for deaf people like Matlin. Dionne did come off like that old lady character on The PJs, the one who talked smack about everybody, but was all sweetness whenever her targets were in her face.

As far as reality TV shows go. They are the biggest and hottest thing in the business right now. There are no more variety programs for established acts like Dionne Warwick, Martha Reeves, Mary Wilson and others to guest on. So they might as well do reality TV or be missing in action.
The only time veteran entertainers can get media coverage is when they are commenting on some younger entertainer like Charlie Sheen, Lindsey Lohan or Justin Beiber. Dionne got on a hit TV show that gave her some visability, but she handled it wrong.

luke
04-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Thx-was she homophobic per comment someone posted above-?

carlo
04-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Thx-was she homophobic per comment someone posted above-?

No, not at all.

daddyacey
04-09-2011, 04:44 AM
""Hussy? That's a word Olive Oyl used to use.""
ROTFLMAO .....................BUT ,she may be as old as Olive Oyl , but what would one expect??
But...I bet you that Olive Oyl can't sing like her and I bet that all them Ladies ,know at least ONE ,Dionne Warwick song.
She handled that B.S. like a lady. Ree Ree would have kicked they.....'s and STILL been a lady ,so they got off lightly. LOL

marv2
04-09-2011, 07:57 AM
It would have been great to see Dionne knock that big giraffe NeNe, GiGi or whatever her name was on her ass! LOL! and then just "Walk on By........."

jack020
04-09-2011, 09:08 AM
I believe Dionne is not recognized enough for her legacy! How come there never was a box set of her recordings? David Nathan are you reading this?!

marv2
04-09-2011, 10:06 AM
I don't know, but I do know she should have been made the project manager. She was the only one there that I am aware that has taken a product from concept to market in real life with her cologne back in the 90's.

daddyacey
04-10-2011, 05:47 AM
"It would have been great to see Dionne knock that big giraffe NeNe, GiGi or whatever her name was on her ass!"

More like MOOOO!!!! Did you see her walk out the room??? I likes me some a... ,but thats a bit much. Got Milk.?????
What's her.... claim to fame again?????????????
Marv made me say it.
You a bad man Marv...:D :D

marv2
04-10-2011, 10:29 AM
"It would have been great to see Dionne knock that big giraffe NeNe, GiGi or whatever her name was on her ass!"

More like MOOOO!!!! Did you see her walk out the room??? I likes me some a... ,but thats a bit much. Got Milk.?????
Marv made me say it.

That's ok Daddy, I'll take it. I ain't scurred! Sha Nay,Nay's claim to fame is that she appears on ANOTHER reality show, called Atlanta Housewives or Housewives of Atlanta. Now that I think of it, she does kinda favor "Elsie" from behind.........................LOL!

glencro
04-12-2011, 10:12 AM

Marv made me say it.

LOLOL...you all are too funny...Amazing how reality "stars" [[quote, unquote) have become such celebrities these days. I've always heard about the infamous NeNe Leaks and now I see her in action. She was waaayyy outta line for calling Latoya Casper The Ghost this week [[though I did chuckle a lil) but seems like her claim to fame is a bad attitude

daddyacey
04-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Stereotype is more like it. In Surround,, Get-Ohh Fab!!

jillfoster
04-12-2011, 08:03 PM
She was treating Latoya like dirt... and from next week's previews, it seems to continue. I realize that when one looks in Latoya's eyes, you just KNOW that nobody's home when you ring the doorbell, but Nene is one backstabbin cow. I look for Star Jones to throw her under the bus real soon. And Star can put her in her place without even breakin a sweat.

glencro
04-13-2011, 10:21 AM
stereotype is more like it. In surround,, get-ohh fab!!

so true daddyacey

glencro
04-13-2011, 10:43 AM
She was treating Latoya like dirt... and from next week's previews, it seems to continue. I realize that when one looks in Latoya's eyes, you just KNOW that nobody's home when you ring the doorbell, but Nene is one backstabbin cow. I look for Star Jones to throw her under the bus real soon. And Star can put her in her place without even breakin a sweat.

LOLOL @ nobody's home...funnneeeee...I think they are underestimating Latoya but hopeully she'll prove me right, real soon...playing the coy lil girl in your 50's is not cuttin it...she has to earn respect. She's dealing with wolves. She's going to have to man up

jillfoster
04-18-2011, 09:26 AM
LaToya is fascinating to watch at this point. I think she's going for viewer sympathy [["How can those women treat her like that"?) This week, the women did a WAY better job, and LaToya did do really good with that comment "I've eaten in the best restaurants in the world". One thing that made me laugh, was when she was trying to cook a hamburger and not succeeding.... she said "We always had personal chefs growing up... we still do". Bitch, PLEASE. Her brothers didn't have their first hit record until she was 14... you mean to tell me she never cooked or helped her mother cook before that?

smark21
04-18-2011, 07:21 PM
LaToya is fascinating to watch at this point. I think she's going for viewer sympathy [["How can those women treat her like that"?) This week, the women did a WAY better job, and LaToya did do really good with that comment "I've eaten in the best restaurants in the world". One thing that made me laugh, was when she was trying to cook a hamburger and not succeeding.... she said "We always had personal chefs growing up... we still do". Bitch, PLEASE. Her brothers didn't have their first hit record until she was 14... you mean to tell me she never cooked or helped her mother cook before that?

Well it's always been said that La Toya is the untalented Jackson and that may hold true for helping around the house as well.

pshark
05-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Trump praises the ole $ bill
Notice how they edit out "is the root of all evil Do funny things to some people" from the O'Jays "FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY" theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9zraS8EKw4