PDA

View Full Version : Motown 60th anniversary jacket for the richly enabled

test

milven
12-22-2019, 01:41 PM
A very nice jacket to celebrate the occasion, but the price is a bit much [[ $ 900 ??:confused: )

https://www.bettergiftshop.com/products/better-gift-shop-motown-60th-anniversary-jacket?variant=31666556698701

https://i1.wp.com/grungecake.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/motown-records-60th-anniversary-jacket-front-grungecake-thumbnail.jpg?resize=1024%2C1024&ssl=1

In celebration of six decades of Motown Records, Better Gift Shop has teamed up with the legendary brand, Roots to create a limited edition 60th anniversary jacket.

In 1959, Berry Gordy Jr founded Motown Records with a nod to Detroit, Michigan’s motor-manufacturing heritage. Mr Gordy set forth to establish global stars at a remarkable rate – Diana Ross and the Supremes, The Four Tops, Stevie Wonder, The Jackson 5, and Marvin Gaye to name only a few. Motown, in its 60 years, has not only defined the history of American music, but it has also created the sound of American music.

Founded in Toronto, Canada in 2017, Better Gift Shop is a multifaceted brand and retailer which aims to be a collaborative platform for artists to design elevated products, in addition to having their own in-house brand of unique apparel and accessories.

Having worked with trailblazing artists and brands, such as Nick Atkins, Cactus Plant Flea Market, Gimme5, Comme Des Garçons, Stüssy, and Shaun Crawford, Better Gift Shop’s latest collaboration with Roots is another example of their dedication to putting better goods out in the market.

Better Gift Shop has teamed up with Motown Records to create a limited-edition varsity jacket. Manufactured by Roots in Canada at their Toronto leather factory, this classic melton wool jacket displays the glory of Motown’s sub-labels through high-density embroidery along Italian leather sleeves.

The jacket is available for purchase at the Better Gift Shop Toronto Flagship, the Better Gift Shop Outpost at Dover Street Market Los Angeles, and online. In January 2020, this jacket will be available at the Better Gift Shop Outpost at Dover Street Market Ginza, and Dover Street Market locations in New York and London.

https://grungecake.com/motown-records-60th-anniversary-limited-edition-jacket/articles/61106:confused:

woodward
12-22-2019, 01:53 PM
Wonder how much of the selling cost will be donated to the Motown Museum? I didn't see where they indicated any would be.

Jimi LaLumia
12-22-2019, 02:31 PM
never mind the ridic price tag; it's UGLY!! I'd rather the original map Motown label prominently featured, this is wayyyyy too busy

Boogiedown
12-22-2019, 05:20 PM
what's the great big "B" for?

benross
12-22-2019, 07:34 PM
Where is the Motown logo with the big M? Or for that matter, where are its predecessors, or the original Tamla logo? And where is the Rare Earth logo? They would have a better chance to gain me as a customer if they had thought things through a bit more [[not that I would pay $900 for this jacket; I'd rather pay for a few more Expanded Editions, such as those for the Four Tops' golden age albums and the rest of the Diana Ross and Diana Ross and The Supremes and The Supremes' albums that have yet to see the light of day).

TomatoTom123
12-24-2019, 11:32 AM
WOW, THAT ACTUALLY EXISTS... If I BECOME RICH I WILL BUY IT. :D

wilxy
12-25-2019, 04:02 PM
It would be great if the ordinary Motown fanatic, could afford to spend their hard earned on something of similar ilk to celebrate 60 years of The Finest Record Company's Celebration.....

marv2
12-26-2019, 12:27 AM
Uh........they're trippin'

144man
12-26-2019, 08:32 AM
Do you think it would suit someone in their early seventies?

HarrisJrld
12-26-2019, 03:24 PM
Where is the Motown logo with the big M? Or for that matter, where are its predecessors, or the original Tamla logo? And where is the Rare Earth logo? They would have a better chance to gain me as a customer if they had thought things through a bit more [[not that I would pay $900 for this jacket; I'd rather pay for a few more Expanded Editions, such as those for the Four Tops' golden age albums and the rest of the Diana Ross and Diana Ross and The Supremes and The Supremes' albums that have yet to see the light of day).

Totally agree with your opinion! Too many flaws to cost 900 dollars!

detmotownguy
12-28-2019, 06:02 PM
Uh........they're trippin'

Ha! I would not wear it if it was free.

NativeNuYorker
12-28-2019, 06:57 PM
It's rather ugly. I wouldn't purchase it for $60.00.

thommg
12-30-2019, 12:10 PM
Hahaha! "For the richly enabled" is now one of my favorite phrases! Thank you!