PDA

View Full Version : Post-1975 Michael Jackson Motown recordings

test

Ngroove
12-18-2019, 03:02 AM
Just for fun, I just simply would find neat to know, as many recorded tracks of Michael Jackson, in brief comebacks to Motown recorded tracks / singles post-1975, excluding "One Day In Your Life" and "Farewell My Summer Love", since both were recorded before the Jackson 5's departure from Motown.

Such as, I'd like to say 1978's "The Wiz" counted as for that brief moment, 77-78, Michael Jackson worked with Motown again, as the film was a Motown production.

1980 - He was a very visibly vocally noticeable part of the background of Stevie Wonder's "All I Do" on Stevie's "Hotter Than July" album.

1983 - He was probably THE reason alone Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me" was as big as it was.

1987 - Featured in a duet with Stevie Wonder, "Get It" on Stevie's "Characters" album.

marv2
12-18-2019, 08:38 PM
Do you consider what you listed as significant?

Ngroove
12-18-2019, 09:56 PM
Do you consider what you listed as significant?

I get it, most are only album tracks, minor hits, or novelties, but I'd like to view it as despite "Epic" success, MJJ, he still came back every once in a while for Motown, or maybe apparently, I'm just alone in every little-ness as much as the big-nesses of the career of Michael Jackson.

To my opinion, at least, every thing credited or uncredited, that has Michael's mark, is gold.

mjdestiny
12-19-2019, 11:36 AM
1992 _ Eddie Murphy - Love's Alright : Michael / Eddie duet in "Whatzupwitu" . MJ also sings some vocals in "Yeah".

alexstassi
12-19-2019, 04:30 PM
I was gonna say Muscles by Diana Ross and Jermaine "tell me I'm not dreamin" but neither were Motown although of course both were Motown artists