PDA

View Full Version : "Diana Ross - Diva Conquers the World" Documentary

test

milven
12-05-2019, 11:31 PM
I have not heard anything about this documentary about Diana. Does anyone have any info. It is mentioned in this article.

http://www.thearkatech.com/diana-ross/6117/

http://www.thearkatech.com/img/news_img/6117.jpg

Diana Ross conquered the world again

Margaret Wilson / 2019-12-05 22:10:50

Diana Ross is considered one of the most successful American singers in the history of music. Already in the 50s, she began her career as a musician and won first place at school at a vocal competition. Then everything went up: first with her band The Supremes, and then as a solo artist.

The new documentary, "Diana Ross - Diva Conquers the World," sheds light on the musical career of the now 75-year-old singer.

As a child, Diana Ross dreamed of becoming a star. To fulfill her dream, she overcame all the obstacles and failures that prevented a black woman in America from the 1960s.

In 1960, having gained experience in school groups, she founded the successful female group The Supremes. She was able to create twelve hits, which became No. 1 between 1964 and 1969. Only the Beatles created more hit singles during this time, compared to her.

In 1970, the artist decided to start her solo career. At this time, she was already known throughout the world and could for several years gain world fame. Her most successful solo songs include Upside Down and I'm Coming Out. Her success went so far that in 1993 she was recognized as the “most successful musician of all time” in the Guinness Book of Records.

Jimi LaLumia
12-06-2019, 08:45 AM
whoever wrote that must have been high on something:
I am the true Ross devotee but she did not found the Supremes, she did not create any songs that she sang and she did not decide to start her solo career,Berry Gordy did....lay off the hooch, kids..

jobucats
12-06-2019, 10:45 AM
It's similar to some piece I was reading from an Australian article from back in the 60s where it says the Supremes began as a result of being in church together and started the group. If that's true, that is the only article [[out of thousands I've read) which states that.

milven
12-06-2019, 11:34 AM
I also noticed the misinformation in the article, but posted it because I wondered if there was any truth that there is a forthcoming documentary called "Diana Ross - Diva Conquers the World".

No one seems to have heard about it, so I guess that that is misinformation too

reese
12-06-2019, 11:47 AM
It's similar to some piece I was reading from an Australian article from back in the 60s where it says the Supremes began as a result of being in church together and started the group. If that's true, that is the only article [[out of thousands I've read) which states that.

I believe the liner notes on their first album mention church, even though it is not true. It might have sprung from that.

midnightman
12-06-2019, 12:52 PM
The essay is obviously BS lol

The documentary doesn't seem real either.

Levi Stubbs Tears
12-07-2019, 10:29 PM
Besides the errors, the article is sooooo badly written. Margaret doesn't seem like much of a journalist.