PDA

View Full Version : The Wrecking Crew - Screening In L.A.

test

brother_love
03-12-2011, 12:24 PM

If you love Rock & Roll history don't miss an up coming screening of The Wrecking Crew.

What is the Wrecking Crew?

The Wrecking Crew were a group of Studio Musicians in Los Angeles in the 60s who played on hits for the “Beach Boys, Ike & Tina Turner, Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra, Darlene Love, Sonny and Cher, Jan & Dean, The Monkees, Jackie DeShannon, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Mamas and Papas, Tijuana Brass, Ricky Nelson, Johnny Rivers and were Phil Spector’s Wall of Sound. The amount of work that they were involved in was tremendous.

March 27, 2011 4PM
Hosted by Ken Berry @ S.I.R.
and Jim Turner @ A & S Case Co.

With special guest Fanita James of The Blossoms who will be doing a Q&A.

Studio Instrument Rentals [[SIR)
6465 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Suggested Donation: $15.00

http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com/

Doug-Morgan
03-12-2011, 12:32 PM
That's one I'd really like to see. It screened at the Seattle International Film Festival to very good reviews.

chidrummer
03-15-2011, 12:29 PM
I had the opportunity to see this amazing documentary at the winter NAMM convention. So I watched this film in room full of sound engineers, producers, instrument salesmen and musicians. I just happen to get a seat right next to the man who engineered the sound for the movie and he gave me the inside story on some of the technical problems with creating a stable soundtrack from hundreds of different sources.

At the end of the film the entire room stood up and applauded for a good five minutes. Danny Tedesco, the film's producer, said he knew he was in a room full music geeks because we got more of the inside jokes than any audience who'd ever seen the film.

By all means go see this film, send a contribution to help pay for the huge licensing costs Danny's up against. He promises that when the DVD is released there will be even more info because he's still filming.

brother_love
03-23-2011, 06:18 PM
They had to add a 1 pm screening as well, both 1 pm and 4 pm are now soldout.