PDA

View Full Version : Supremes To Be Honored

test

jobeterob
11-13-2019, 12:15 AM
https://www.scherrieandsusayeformersupremes.com/blog-news--events/la-voix-studio-to-honor-the-supremes-at-their-9th-annual-winter-gala-sunday-december-8th-2019?fbclid=IwAR3j5Ffg7Fxm-C3-_d8SgPbBfjTVsY15Ry15crFLfhnh3bGFnybWt-EmhBQ

marybrewster
11-13-2019, 10:54 AM
- La Voix Studio is owned and operated by Shoshana Payne Phillips, Scherrie Payne's daughter

luke
11-13-2019, 11:22 AM
They’re finally including Barbara Martin. Yayyyy!

IMissFlo93
11-13-2019, 12:17 PM
Include betty mcglown and it's complete!

PeaceNHarmony
11-13-2019, 12:37 PM
I see that La Voix Studio is owned and operated by Scherrie's daughter Shoshana Payne Phillips. Always nice to see independent, successful offspring!

marv2
11-13-2019, 02:37 PM

I saw that and was happy about it. It would great if she came to the event.

jobeterob
11-13-2019, 03:38 PM
Many of these awards are a little incestuous or pretty local but still nice nonetheless

Maybe Diana would come

And of course, if she came Mary would then show up for sure

captainjames
11-15-2019, 11:12 PM
It will be interesting if Barbara shows up. GOD knows she became invisible once leaving the Supremes.

Roberta75
11-16-2019, 12:13 AM
Well they need to move tickets and i doubt Barbara Martins got much of a fan base. I hope this is a real nice success for the Supremes ladies but so far tickets aint movin. https://embeds.simpletix.com/Magnificent/EventList?ShowId=48322

midnightman
11-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Barbara was the "Stuart Sutcliffe" of the Supremes in that sense that she was there before the group found stardom and then left by the time they were starting to find themselves. Doubt she'll be there.

marv2
11-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Barbara was the "Stuart Sutcliffe" of the Supremes in that sense that she was there before the group found stardom and then left by the time they were starting to find themselves. Doubt she'll be there.

I doubt Diana Ross will be there as usual. She never honors the Supremes.

captainjames
11-16-2019, 11:17 PM
Me thinks it will be Lynda, Scherrie and Susaye in attendance. However, this is good that all of them are being recognized like this.

BigAl
11-17-2019, 08:33 AM

It was nice to include Barbara, but the chronology escapes me. Was she still a group member when the name was changed from Primettes to Supremes?

reese
11-17-2019, 10:20 AM
It was nice to include Barbara, but the chronology escapes me. Was she still a group member when the name was changed from Primettes to Supremes?

Yes, she was. She signed their original contract with Motown.

marv2
11-17-2019, 11:16 AM

She recorded on album with the group "Meet the Supremes".

milven
11-17-2019, 12:11 PM
I doubt Diana Ross will be there as usual. She never honors the Supremes.

She honors the Supremes constantly in her concerts when she sings some of their songs, and not just her super hits.

I think she would like to attend some of these honors, but her spotlight is so big, that the other Supremes would be in her shadow and in the past, that has created unwanted drama. I wonder how different the R&R Hall of Fame Honors would have been if Diana had attended.

So she is happy to let Mary go on constant interviews promoting the group even though the interviewer always uses Mary as a conduit to talk about Diana.

And having the final two Supremes, Sherrie and Susaye still out there promoting the group is nice too.

Mary, Sherrie, Susaye and Diana are all keeping the legacy of the Supremes alive. And their job of doing that can be made hard by some of their "fans" who take joy in tearing apart individual member's of the group, questioning their talent and calling one of them stupid.

midnightman
11-17-2019, 12:38 PM
Exactly, Milven.

Plus Barbara didn't stay too long, as I said, to see the group become the musical juggernaut that they became. Why we don't ask the same question about Florence's surviving daughters? They're also not out there promoting the Supremes' legacy, but I don't see anyone bashing them and neither should they because they're just trying to live their lives too and hold up their mother's legacy with class.

Diana, Mary, Scherrie and Susaye are keeping the Supremes' legacy going into the 2020s. Let's all be thankful, huh?

midnightman
11-17-2019, 12:40 PM

1959: Florence Ballard, Mary Wilson, Betty McGlown and Diane Ross joins forces to become the Primettes.

1960: Betty leaves to get married. She's replaced by Barbara Martin

January 15, 1961: Barbara [[18), Florence [[17), Mary and Diane [[both 16) sign with Motown after first recording for them months earlier. Changes name to the Supremes.

March 1962: Barbara leaves to start a family just around the time their first charted single, "Your Heart Belongs to Me", is released.

There's your answer lol