PDA

View Full Version : Miss Ray

test

skooldem1
03-09-2011, 06:26 PM
She has such an interesting story, and anyone who read her book knows she is a straight shooter. Other than her book, you really don't see her in the media talking about Motown. I wonder if that is some kind of agreement [[to not talk about it)? I enjoyed her book. I wonder if she got a kick out of Diana mentioning her name on Oprah?

Roberta75
03-09-2011, 06:35 PM
She has such an interesting story, and anyone who read her book knows she is a straight shooter. Other than her book, you really don't see her in the media talking about Motown. I wonder if that is some kind of agreement [[to not talk about it)? I enjoyed her book. I wonder if she got a kick out of Diana mentioning her name on Oprah?

It was shameful of Berry Gordy to sell Motown for 60 million dollars and not give his former wife a nickel. After all she did help him when Motown Records was in its infancy.

smark21
03-09-2011, 08:48 PM

Her book has been long out of print and she's not a singing star and by and large, the media is not interested in Motown, so that's why you don't see her.

uptight
03-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Maybe she vented and got it out of her system when the book came out. She was doing TV talk show circuit, appearing on Geraldo, talking about the stories in her book.

juicefree20
03-09-2011, 09:30 PM
I bought her book when it was released & long before everyone seemed to be writing one. I didn't know half of what I know today, but I enjoyed her book.

arrr&bee
03-10-2011, 10:29 AM
I too read her book and found it very interesting,i think miss ray was telling the truth.

randy_russi
03-10-2011, 11:26 AM
She did retract some of the things in her book as Berry later mentioned in his book. For example, her name was never
on the official documents of the founding of Motown. In her book she claims Berry talked her into taking her name
off the papers and she did.
Berry states she lied and retracted the statement when they became friends again.

Drew P. Nads
03-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Regardless of her contribution to Motown, it's at least true that she and her Husband Eddie Singleton started 'Shrine' Records in DC.
Sure it only lasted about two years, but over here in the UK the label is revered on the Northern Soul scene.
I have 3 cds of Shrine thanks to Goldmine and Kent Records!

tomato tom
03-10-2011, 05:35 PM
I bought the book when it first came out, and found it a great read. I know she retracted some of the comments in the book, but on the whole, its a good read. Didnt like the comments she made about Wanda Rogers of The Marvelettes ending up being a "bag lady" though...Paulo xxxx

marv2
03-10-2011, 08:56 PM
She told the truth........too much!

luke
03-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Hmm Hmmm-too much truth for whom?

motown01
03-11-2011, 11:47 AM
There's a brief clip of her on the Motown 40 special talking about buying the house on West Grand Boulevard.

tomato tom
03-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Still, pleased I have as a part of my Motown library.Some great pics too. You got to take the bitter with the sweet!..Paulo xxx

marv2
03-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Hmm Hmmm-too much truth for whom?

Well now that is been twenty years since I bought it, I'd say maybe too much truth for her children and grandkids?

tomato tom
03-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Possibly, but I think the kids have been prepared, if you like, for the negative. As has been proved, there was some lies in Rays book, which were retracted,so who knows. Her siblings MUST know about the negative, indeed HATE feelings that have been directed towards their mother over the years. On the plus side, they must also know about all the LOVE, and great things their Mother has achieved. I have met Diana twice, and she was nothing more than delightful, a Joy, and a pleasure.A true DIVA, in the TRUE sense of the word. pAULO XXXX