Heikki

Bluebrock
11-04-2019, 03:47 AM
Hi!

Please read my short review of a great new CD for Deep Soul aficionados:

https://www.soulexpress.net/va_davegodin_vol5.htm

Best regards
Heikki
Great review as always Heikki. I bought this collection a couple of weeks ago and was a little apprehensive prior to listening to it, but i have to say it stands up well against the previous collections. I never met Dave but we corresponded regularly and i know that some of the tracks included here were originally intended for previous compilations, but licensing issues proved to be a nightmare. I am sure Dave would be proud to see this compilation finally hitting the streets, and i hope there will be another one in the future. There are still several tracks out there that Dave wanted to include on previous collections. Good work by Ace records as always, and my best wishes to you as always Heikki.

motony
11-04-2019, 08:49 AM
GREAT review. I have the Masqueraders 45 as it was pretty big on the Soul Stations here in Florida. The Blossoms also had a 45 on "I Ain't Got To Love Somebody Else". I also have the Barbara Lynn 45 on Atlantic [[Until Then) I'll Suffer, also a fair sized hit in the Southern USA.Ofcourse Foolish Fool was a big commercial hit.

heikki
11-04-2019, 01:49 PM
Thank you, Bluerock and Motony!

Although for Deep Soul fans there were many familiar tracks on this set, also the more obscure ones were equally impressive.

Best regards
Heikki

Bluebrock
11-05-2019, 03:56 AM
Thank you, Bluerock and Motony!

Although for Deep Soul fans there were many familiar tracks on this set, also the more obscure ones were equally impressive.

Best regards
Heikki
One of the many things i love about these Kent/Ace releases is that i know i will discover some previously unknown gems. I love to discover these long lost and much neglected classic tracks. long may it continue!