PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes-Finale Motown A-Go-Go Bert's Warehouse October 26, 2019

test

marv2
10-31-2019, 08:33 PM
They sound GREAT! The band is fantastic, but hey, it is Detroit after all LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9RwMoUhrgk

luke
10-31-2019, 11:42 PM
This was just great. Thanks Marv. But they said Thelma Hopkins instead of Joyce Vincent at end!! Who was woman at finale singing in black and silver dress with long black hair?

luke
11-01-2019, 12:04 AM
Kim Weston, Undisputed Truth, Marvelettes, Carolyn Crawford , Brenda Holloway , The Vandellas and Chris Clark were on Friday night!

luke
11-01-2019, 12:07 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H6lkLer7SN0 And GC Cameron!

lakeside
11-01-2019, 07:15 AM
I watched them all except Chris Clark. I didn't recognize Kim Weston. Then I
realized she did not have her upper teeth. Sort of reminded me of Moms Mabley.
Yikes! The Velvelettes looked and sounded great.

marv2
11-01-2019, 08:06 AM
Kim Weston, Undisputed Truth, Marvelettes, Carolyn Crawford , Brenda Holloway , The Vandellas and Chris Clark were on Friday night!

All of the performances that night are now in a thread on the Motown Forum.

detmotownguy
11-01-2019, 09:53 PM
I watched them all except Chris Clark. I didn't recognize Kim Weston. Then I
realized she did not have her upper teeth. Sort of reminded me of Moms Mabley.
Yikes! The Velvelettes looked and sounded great.
Wasn't Kim in a real bad accident in 2000? Possibly she suffers from extreme after effects? Still, at 80 she amazes me.

marv2
11-01-2019, 11:14 PM
Wasn't Kim in a real bad accident in 2000? Possibly she suffers from extreme after effects? Still, at 80 she amazes me.

Yes she was and almost killed. Kim was a beautiful woman even during the MotorCity Records period. I think she should have worn her dental replacements if she was going to perform. Still I enjoyed her performance. What a strong woman she is!

marv2
11-01-2019, 11:17 PM

This reminds me of seeing all of them and more during the MotorCity Records Revue concerts of the late 80, early 90s. So many from then are no longer with us. These are survivors in many, many ways. I feel good seeing all of them and hearing them do what they do!