PDA

View Full Version : Motown's Tamla LPs from October 1962 to 1979

test

woodward
10-14-2019, 02:48 PM
This is a wealth of good information.

I didn't delve far enough into the situation.

https://kimsloans.wordpress.com/rockin-60s/motown-records/tamla-lps/

lockhartgary
10-14-2019, 06:03 PM
This IS good! Thanks for posting.

Interesting that the label for the SMATM LP reissue [[The Tears of a Clown) was issued with the original label title, but the cover title was changed. Guess they had to use old label stock?

daviddesper
10-14-2019, 11:38 PM
Fun to look at these. Anyone particular reason why The Marvelettes' Greatest Hits album was issued with two such wildly different color schemes? Is it as simple as one being Mono and the other Stereo or was there another reason? I have the blue and orange one myself but I have seen the other about as much over the years.

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
10-15-2019, 02:42 AM
Fun to look at these. Anyone particular reason why The Marvelettes' Greatest Hits album was issued with two such wildly different color schemes? Is it as simple as one being Mono and the other Stereo or was there another reason? I have the blue and orange one myself but I have seen the other about as much over the years.
I thought I read it somewhere, but it may have just been someone's personal opinion, but I agree; the orange background with blue lettering can do a number on the eyes. The green background with gold lettering is much easier on the eyes. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I wouldn't think Motown would use one color for mono and one for stereo- otherwise you'd have to wonder why the same thing wasn't done with every mono/stereo release.