PDA

View Full Version : Motown's Gordy LPs from October 1962 through 1979

test

woodward
10-14-2019, 12:04 PM
I tripped upon this TOTALLY by accident. Check it out. It gives both a picture of the front and the back covers of each album plus a picture of both the A and the B side of each record for each album.

A really colossal finding.

https://kimsloans.wordpress.com/rockin-60s/motown-records/gordy/

Danno
10-14-2019, 12:41 PM
That's a seriously cool discovery sir! It's a bit awkward navigating around but only because it's a massive project. I've saved it to my favourites and big thanks for posting

Motown Eddie
10-14-2019, 01:59 PM
Nice website! I've just checked it out and they also have the pictures of the Tamla LPs as well [[from the '70s and on). Will see what else they have on display. Thanks for sharing Woodward.

jaywonder
10-17-2019, 10:55 AM
I've always associated Stevie's catalog with the Tamla label so seeing the Eivets Rednow album on Gordy is really interesting

midnightman
10-17-2019, 03:11 PM
I've always associated Stevie's catalog with the Tamla label so seeing the Eivets Rednow album on Gordy is really interesting

Stevie wanted to do a jazz instrumental album again but I think Berry was fearful that Stevie's instrumental jazz work would be overlooked over his hits. So I think they agreed to release it on Gordy for that purpose [[and why Stevie had his name in reverse). Of course it didn't sell though.

SatansBlues
10-17-2019, 05:10 PM
Stevie wanted to do a jazz instrumental album again but I think Berry was fearful that Stevie's instrumental jazz work would be overlooked over his hits. So I think they agreed to release it on Gordy for that purpose [[and why Stevie had his name in reverse). Of course it didn't sell though.

I've always wondered if there were any unreleased tracks from this project, as there were only 9 songs released on the album.