PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross - Top 40 most streamed songs in the U.K

test

lakedistrictlad1
10-14-2019, 02:16 AM
Most of these tracks won't come as a surprise to any of us Brits. What was surprising was a certain Supremes track that you would never expect!

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/diana-ross-official-top-40-most-played-songs__25901/

Bluebrock
10-14-2019, 07:05 AM
Most of these tracks won't come as a surprise to any of us Brits. What was surprising was a certain Supremes track that you would never expect!

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/diana-ross-official-top-40-most-played-songs__25901/
I am surprised to see so many Marvin duets in the list. I guess it is testamount to the enduring appeal of that album.

florence
10-14-2019, 07:06 AM
That's a very quick update since they issued a list in March to celebrate her 75th birthday.

In just over 6 months I'm Coming Out has been played 4m times, Endless Love [[with Lionel) 1.9m and Chain Reaction 900k.

Bluebrock
10-14-2019, 12:29 PM
That's a very quick update since they issued a list in March to celebrate her 75th birthday.

In just over 6 months I'm Coming Out has been played 4m times, Endless Love [[with Lionel) 1.9m and Chain Reaction 900k.
And those figures will continue to rise and rise as the event approaches, and will no doubt literally go through the roof after the event.

rovereab
10-14-2019, 01:32 PM
I am surprised to see so many Marvin duets in the list. I guess it is testamount to the enduring appeal of that album.

I bought the D&M album when initially released, as did several friends. At the time I was unaware of the studio troubles but even if I did know it would not have altered my love of the album. To this day I really enjoy listening to the album and love their fantastic vocals on so many of the songs. I am therefore not surprised at the number of D&M duets as the album has stood the test of time. You Are Everything is one of Motown's best choices as a single for the UK.

Please, please can we have a proper deluxe reissue of this album.

Bluebrock
10-14-2019, 03:14 PM
I bought the D&M album when initially released, as did several friends. At the time I was unaware of the studio troubles but even if I did know it would not have altered my love of the album. To this day I really enjoy listening to the album and love their fantastic vocals on so many of the songs. I am therefore not surprised at the number of D&M duets as the album has stood the test of time. You Are Everything is one of Motown's best choices as a single for the UK.

Please, please can we have a proper deluxe reissue of this album.
That would be nice but it seems sadly unlikely in the current climate.

Albator
10-15-2019, 09:15 AM
The Diana & Marvin LP has been overlooked by fans but, in fact, it’s a very good record. Diana’s vocals are fanstastic.

RanRan79
10-15-2019, 09:22 AM

Yes, definitely surprised to see "No Matter What Sign You Are" on the list. I thought it might be "Buttered Popcorn".:p

Bluebrock
10-15-2019, 10:02 AM
Yes, definitely surprised to see "No Matter What Sign You Are" on the list. I thought it might be "Buttered Popcorn".:p
No matter what sign you are is a particular favorite of radio 2 dj Steve Wright who often plays it on his popular long running afternoon show which has a regular audience of up to 8 million listeners. Therefore it is perhaps given more exposure than some of the bigger hits.

rovereab
10-15-2019, 10:39 AM
The Diana & Marvin LP has been overlooked by fans but, in fact, it’s a very good record. Diana’s vocals are fanstastic.

I do think that is the reason for the popularity of You Are Everything. A wonderful intro and stunning vocal performances by Diana and Marvin. Also, what a fantastic B side of Include Me In Your Life.

SatansBlues
10-15-2019, 11:20 AM
Does anyone know what DR's Top 40 most streamed songs in the US are?