PDA

View Full Version : 'Purple Rain’ star Morris Day opens up about Prince’s ‘Jesus complex’

test

PeaceNHarmony
10-13-2019, 07:25 AM
https://nypost.com/2019/10/12/purple-rain-star-morris-day-opens-up-about-princes-jesus-complex/

splanky
10-13-2019, 01:37 PM
Just ordered this book. The thread title posted does not convey the fact that is from a new book a lot of folks may interested in reading. While I have mixed feelings about David Ritz's
co-authoring, I am definitely interested in anything Prince and The Time related history...

Jerry Oz
10-13-2019, 04:37 PM
I want this book, too. There's a lot that I want to know that I hope he included.

marv2
10-13-2019, 05:37 PM
Just ordered this book. The thread title posted does not convey the fact that is from a new book a lot of folks may interested in reading. While I have mixed feelings about David Ritz's
co-authoring, I am definitely interested in anything Prince and The Time related history...

I totally understand your feelings in regards to David Ritz's involvement. This is a book I will buy however.

NativeNuYorker
10-13-2019, 06:09 PM
What is your hesitation? Do you think Ritz embellishes or perhaps does not do enough research?

NativeNuYorker
10-13-2019, 06:28 PM
I have been waiting for this book. I'm a fan of Morris Day and think that Bruno Mars stole his style. I've heard for years how Prince tried to minimize Day's success in music and his tv show. I'd like to know the truth about how they started and unfortunately ended their successful careers together.

marv2
10-13-2019, 06:50 PM
What is your hesitation? Do you think Ritz embellishes or perhaps does not do enough research?

It just seems like he throws in dirt where it doesn't make sense.

jaywonder
10-19-2019, 10:17 PM
It just seems like he throws in dirt where it doesn't make sense.
Morris is fiercely protective of Prince and wouldn't let any BS go down on his watch.