PDA

View Full Version : For once in my life - vocals

test

Fullfillingnessfirstfinale
10-12-2019, 08:32 AM
This is a question for the experts with the best ears ;) I would like to know if this is a true DRATS record or Diana & The Andantes, I hear only two voices in the backround, but it sounds to me not like Cindy and Mary, maybe someone can clarify, Thanks

copley
10-12-2019, 09:28 AM
Despite what I originally thought I have been officially informed that it is DMC :)

marv2
10-12-2019, 10:00 AM
This is a question for the experts with the best ears ;) I would like to know if this is a true DRATS record or Diana & The Andantes, I hear only two voices in the backround, but it sounds to me not like Cindy and Mary, maybe someone can clarify, Thanks

It was a bad recording. Not one of the better recordings of "For Once In My Life".

George Solomon
10-12-2019, 10:14 AM
It's Mary and Cindy.

captainjames
10-12-2019, 07:07 PM
It's Mary and Cindy.

Thanks George ..... Nothing like cutting through what some folks think and delivering the truth.

copley
10-12-2019, 08:17 PM
DMC. That's what I said!

Jaap
10-13-2019, 04:59 PM
Although I would have preferred to hear The Supremes tackle this Motown classic in the more Motown sound [[as Ross did live with Stevie Wonder at the Hollywood Palace), I really like this "lounge" version, as it showcases their versatility. Moreover, knowing that this is the final recording of Ross with the Supremes [[Mary & Cindy) makes it even more special.