03-08-2011, 04:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psxbKkoABXQ

theboyfromxtown
03-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Great find there.

Thanks Classic

marv2
03-08-2011, 12:23 PM
That was great! Thank you CM! Do you know anything about the show "Soul Time"? Where was it from?

Marv

the_classic_master
03-09-2011, 03:52 AM
yes sir, marv!.the show was a americab bandstand type show from san deigo and on that eppy, blinky, joe simon, little milton and jimmy holiday were on this 1970 epsisode, that's the only 1 i have, i don't know how long the show ran for! i was trying to get some info from sophisticated soul, but he didn't remember the show!

sophisticated_soul
03-09-2011, 05:57 AM
This is a bit mind blowing classic master because in 1970 I'm 19 and this show would have been right up my alley. I would have known about. But honestly I have no memory of it. It's possible that it was broadcast on a VHF channel. When UHF was the norm and VHF was starting to be added not everyone could recieve VHF channels. It's also possible it was a college TV production. Something about the sparse set makes me think that. I paused on the photo of the girl outdoors and I can't really make anything out but for some reason it also says school to me. And if it were a college productions it would have had a very limited broadcast range and would have been perfect for VHF. This is all speculation of course. However in 1970 I was still living at home and I'm pretty sure we still didn't get VHF channels. Interesting.

marv2
03-09-2011, 10:52 AM
yes sir, marv!.the show was a americab bandstand type show from san deigo and on that eppy, blinky, joe simon, little milton and jimmy holiday were on this 1970 epsisode, that's the only 1 i have, i don't know how long the show ran for! i was trying to get some info from sophisticated soul, but he didn't remember the show!

Wow! This is the type of stuff you and I both have been talking about finding for a good while now. I had never heard of this show s o I am assuming it was a local program out there. Let's hope the other performances from this show turn up. Thanks CM

the_classic_master
03-10-2011, 02:07 AM
here is some info from billboard about the show, scroll down to where it saids prod firm by blacks!

http://books.google.com/books?id=NSgEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA29&ots=77zLCX4b_8&dq=soul%20time%20usa&pg=PA29#v=onepage&q=soul%20time%20usa&f=false

sophisticated_soul
03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
The article seems to suggest the show was a special and not a series. Broadcasting out of Mexico for the San Diego market was not uncommon in those days. In the mid 60's we used to listen to Wolfman Jack on XERB which broadcast out of Tijuana. Also there was another teen dance show in those days titled "Ritmos de Juvento's" [[I probably have the spelling wrong) which translates to "Rythmn of the Juvenilles". It was essentially for the Mexican market but they would play mostly current pop hits and some latin singles. Guest artist were nearly always latino. It was an interesting combination. They broadcast on XETV which was UHF but their signal didn't get much beyond San Diego. Actually I think they only broadcast for the Mexican market and we were just on the far fringe of their reception area being so close to the border.

KevLo
03-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi this is Kev-Lo

This is definitely Rare but its a good clip. Dyke And The Blazers was another Underrated group that should have and would have been a big success but Dyke's untimely death in 1971 put a sad end to their music and success.