PDA

View Full Version : At last...Glastonbury 2020

test

mowsville
10-10-2019, 03:41 AM
Just posted on FB....Diana will be at Glastonbury 2020.

Ollie9
10-10-2019, 03:52 AM
"Wow".....that's great news. Diana in the UK at last. It could be Central Park all over again.

pghmusiclover
10-10-2019, 05:20 AM
That’s awesome news!!!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8532625/diana-ross-glastonbury-festival-2020-legends-slot?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0n3cMDapiW4s0REsHnP4SWgvJ2d2AwMe9oMqLTY h5woohUUZcEs4rXDZs

sansradio
10-10-2019, 05:36 AM
You guys are so good...I just saw it on Instagram.🤩

Levi Stubbs Tears
10-10-2019, 06:53 AM
Just hope she plays 'Diana - the legendary hits' with a decent band instead of recent setlists omitting legendary songs for ordinary covers.

Also - https://www.facebook.com/BBCArchive/videos/2871275966218902/

florence
10-10-2019, 07:39 AM
And the venue is already SOLD OUT.

florence
10-10-2019, 07:58 AM
I'm sure Bluebrock has been sitting on this news for a while now.

Please spill the beans BB or as much as you are able to!

Any rumours of "guest" appearances - Lionel, Barry Gibb?

I can't believe Diana will do a Glastonbury set without including I'm Still Waiting, Chain Reaction and When You Tell Me That You Love Me.

This will surely be Diana's crowning moment in her illustrious UK career.

Diana has her own ideas of course and I can remember times when she would do concerts and strangely not promote her latest material. Far be it from me to suggest her content but maybe a quiet word in her ear that it would really go down well were she to consider including Remember Me, All Of My Life and One Shining Moment!!!!

There's a distinct possibility that her appearance could see one of her greatest hits albums make a reappearance in the UK albums chart at #1.

dickiemint
10-10-2019, 09:13 AM
Having recently travelled to New York to see Miss Ross in Radio City where she was in fine Voice I am really hoping this will reignite an interest in Diana / Supremes in the UK
Both Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie had fantastic reviews to their Glastonbury appearances with Lionel Richie Definitive Collection going straight to Number 1 after his set. Janet Jackson however caught some bad press after her show this year.
All I would say is Miss Ross has to review her set and tailor it for the UK audience, get rid of more today than yesterday and I will Survive
Bring in chain reaction, I'm still waiting and enjoy the day , and hope for sunshine.
I can already see all the hands in the air for Reach Out and Touch this I believe will be her farewell performance in the UK / Europe

copley
10-10-2019, 09:26 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49997124#

If she behaves and gives the fans what they want to hear then it will an epic occasion.

midnightman
10-10-2019, 11:10 AM
Great news! :)

Bluebrock
10-10-2019, 12:27 PM
I'm sure Bluebrock has been sitting on this news for a while now.

Please spill the beans BB or as much as you are able to!

Any rumours of "guest" appearances - Lionel, Barry Gibb?

I can't believe Diana will do a Glastonbury set without including I'm Still Waiting, Chain Reaction and When You Tell Me That You Love Me.

This will surely be Diana's crowning moment in her illustrious UK career.

Diana has her own ideas of course and I can remember times when she would do concerts and strangely not promote her latest material. Far be it from me to suggest her content but maybe a quiet word in her ear that it would really go down well were she to consider including Remember Me, All Of My Life and One Shining Moment!!!!

There's a distinct possibility that her appearance could see one of her greatest hits albums make a reappearance in the UK albums chart at #1.
Hi Florence.I shall tell you what i am able to. Diana has been invited to Glastonbury many many times, but always turned it down for various reasons. She felt this was the right time with the new album also due next year.
Her Glastonbury set will have more than a nod to her UK successes therefore expect the likes of chain reaction, i'm still waiting and when you tell me that you love me to be included in the set. She doesn't perform those songs much in the States so she will need to do some rehearsing. As regards guest stars it is hoped one established superstar will perform with her as well as a "current" star who may or may not be making a guest appearance on the new album. It is all hush hush at the moment.
I am delighted to say that i will be joining Diana whilst she is in the UK. I am officially retired but there are certain legends whom you do not say no to. Diana is one, and Barbra is the other. I am honoured to be invited for this visit.
She will indeed do additional UK dates, but probably not until late 2020/early 2021. The bad news is this may well be her farewell UK tour, and other European dates seem unlikely at the moment. She had to agree to the UK tour prior to her signing her new recording contract..
I will be meeting up with her soon when she arrives for her annual London Christmas shopping trip. Hopefully i will be given more information then.
As regards a greatest hits compilation it was always the plan to compile a new one which would hopefully include a couple of new songs from the forthcoming album, but that is likely to be held over until 2021. Therefore one of the existing ones will probably be promoted to coincide with her Glastonbury set. Of course all this is subject to change, but barring any family/health issues she has committed to this performance. I was told about it approx 3 weeks ago, and it has been tough keeping the secret to all but my nearest and dearest. I am glad it is finally all out in the open.
Sadly every ticket has been sold, but there is extensive tv coverage worldwide, and we are about to look into booking Diana onto a few tv shows. There is a very slight possibility that she will also do a promotional tour prior to the actual event where she would do a few tv/radio spots.
That is all i can tell you at the moment, but i am as excited as you are, and Diana herself is very much looking forward go reconnecting with her UK audience. I am told most of her family will be joining her for the trip, and i dare say will also join her on stage.
More news as and when...

jobeterob
10-10-2019, 12:44 PM
Very sweet; what nice news!

Roberta75
10-10-2019, 12:45 PM
Hi Florence.I shall tell you what i am able to. Diana has been invited to Glastonbury many many times, but always turned it down for various reasons. She felt this was the right time with the new album also due next year.
Her Glastonbury set will have more than a nod to her UK successes therefore expect the likes of chain reaction, i'm still waiting and when you tell me that you love me to be included in the set. She doesn't perform those songs much in the States so she will need to do some rehearsing. As regards guest stars it is hoped one established superstar will perform with her as well as a "current" star who may or may not be making a guest appearance on the new album. It is all hush hush at the moment.
I am delighted to say that i will be joining Diana whilst she is in the UK. I am officially retired but there are certain legends whom you do not say no to. Diana is one, and Barbra is the other. I am honoured to be invited for this visit.
She will indeed do additional UK dates, but probably not until late 2020/early 2021. The bad news is this may well be her farewell UK tour, and other European dates seem unlikely at the moment. She had to agree to the UK tour prior to her signing her new recording contract..
I will be meeting up with her soon when she arrives for her annual London Christmas shopping trip. Hopefully i will be given more information then.
As regards a greatest hits compilation it was always the plan to compile a new one which would hopefully include a couple of new songs from the forthcoming album, but that is likely to be held over until 2021. Therefore one of the existing ones will probably be promoted to coincide with her Glastonbury set. Of course all this is subject to change, but barring any family/health issues she has committed to this performance. I was told about it approx 3 weeks ago, and it has been tough keeping the secret to all but my nearest and dearest. I am glad it is finally all out in the open.
Sadly every ticket has been sold, but there is extensive tv coverage worldwide, and we are about to look into booking Diana onto a few tv shows. There is a very slight possibility that she will also do a promotional tour prior to the actual event where she would do a few tv/radio spots.
That is all i can tell you at the moment, but i am as excited as you are, and Diana herself is very much looking forward go reconnecting with her UK audience. I am told most of her family will be joining her for the trip, and i dare say will also join her on stage.
More news as and when...

Thank you my dear and im real happy Miss Ross called on you to work with her in the UK. I knew in my heart she would. God bless you both. xx

florence
10-10-2019, 02:40 PM
Great news about other UK dates, Bluebrock - I had been worried that Glastonbury might be her farewell UK appearance.

With tickets for GB almost impossible to procure this will give the fans one last chance to see her as I suspect you are right about this being her swan song.

Fortunately too the Legends appearance will almost certainly be televised on the BBC.

The news has gone down exceedingly well in the UK - in the lead news bulletins and on Five Live our national sports/news radio channel they have been playing clips of her past singles all day - with the odd blip such as Stoned Love!

pghmusiclover
10-10-2019, 03:56 PM
More news as and when...

Thanks for sharing that info! It’s exciting that a new album REALLY seems to be happening!

lakedistrictlad1
10-10-2019, 06:01 PM
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Glastonbury is the biggest music event in the world. This is the best exposure Diana could possibly get. I'm speechless with excitement! Wow.

jobeterob
10-10-2019, 06:34 PM
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Glastonbury is the biggest music event in the world. This is the best exposure Diana could possibly get. I'm speechless with excitement! Wow.

That surprises me.

Better than an Oscar nomination or Kennedy Centre Honour?

midnightman
10-10-2019, 07:09 PM
That surprises me.

Better than an Oscar nomination or Kennedy Centre Honour?

Not to me but it's up there. She also finally got her Grammy. Now a solo Rock & Roll HOF induction would be nice.

TomatoTom123
10-10-2019, 07:39 PM
Yes! Fantastic! :)

Levi Stubbs Tears
10-10-2019, 08:20 PM
Wonder if she would do a full version of Stop! so the security guards down the front can do the famous arm action routine

midnightman
10-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Wonder if she would do a full version of Stop! so the security guards down the front can do the famous arm action routine

That'll be a great moment for the show. :)

I'm more interested in the Reach Out and Touch portion. ^_^

captainjames
10-10-2019, 09:14 PM
Dang Diana you keep on ....keeping your promises !!!! Love you .....Rock It !!!!

Levi Stubbs Tears
10-10-2019, 09:33 PM
That'll be a great moment for the show. :)

The guards did a rehearsed routine for Barry Gibb's 'Stayin Alive' and I think Kylie Minogue's 'Hand on Your Heart'[[?) this year but obviously wouldn't be worth bothering with for just a snippet in a medley.

I'm more interested in the Reach Out and Touch portion. ^_^

A coupla years ago Adele did her finale walking to the front of the crowd and letting some of the crowd sing along on her mike, so it could be done.

captainjames
10-10-2019, 09:39 PM
I heard tickets sold out within 35 minutes from when it was announced.

JohnnyB
10-10-2019, 09:53 PM
Dang Diana you keep on ....keeping your promises !!!! Love you .....Rock It !!!!

I am loving the realization that Glastonbury, the new album and return to the UK all coincide with an important anniversary in Diana’s career; 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the start of Diana’s solo career. Coincidental or planned, the timing is perfect!

vgalindo
10-10-2019, 10:17 PM
So exciting. 2020 is going to be a big year for Diana Ross. So super exciting!!

jobeterob
10-11-2019, 12:19 AM
Love the security guard Stop! Idea

midnightman
10-11-2019, 11:59 AM
I am loving the realization that Glastonbury, the new album and return to the UK all coincide with an important anniversary in Diana’s career; 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the start of Diana’s solo career. Coincidental or planned, the timing is perfect!

Oh wow! You're right! It'll really be 50 years! Holy crap!

Bluebrock
10-11-2019, 12:09 PM
Thank you my dear and im real happy Miss Ross called on you to work with her in the UK. I knew in my heart she would. God bless you both. xx

Thank you Roberta for your very kind words.
I was kind of hopeful myself, but i have learned not to take anything for granted in this life.
I am really looking forward to coming out of retirement again. This is going to be very special indeed.

Bluebrock
10-11-2019, 12:11 PM

I think it is just a very happy coincidence Johnny but who knows for sure?

Bluebrock
10-11-2019, 12:12 PM
So exciting. 2020 is going to be a big year for Diana Ross. So super exciting!!

You had better believe it vgalindo. Watch this space!

Bluebrock
10-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Having recently travelled to New York to see Miss Ross in Radio City where she was in fine Voice I am really hoping this will reignite an interest in Diana / Supremes in the UK
Both Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie had fantastic reviews to their Glastonbury appearances with Lionel Richie Definitive Collection going straight to Number 1 after his set. Janet Jackson however caught some bad press after her show this year.
All I would say is Miss Ross has to review her set and tailor it for the UK audience, get rid of more today than yesterday and I will Survive
Bring in chain reaction, I'm still waiting and enjoy the day , and hope for sunshine.
I can already see all the hands in the air for Reach Out and Touch this I believe will be her farewell performance in the UK / Europe

That is because Janet Jackson mimed the whole of her set which did not go down well with the audience or critics, one of whom said she managed the rare distinction of sounding out of tune despite miming! Ouch!

JohnnyB
10-11-2019, 01:05 PM
That is because Janet Jackson mimed the whole of her set which did not go down well with the audience or critics, one of whom said she managed the rare distinction of sounding out of tune despite miming! Ouch!

Ouch is correct! Everyone knows Janet lip synchs, but that critique is really stinging. I don’t know much about Glastonbury, but from the posts I’ve been reading, it seems to be a major event. I can only imagine the disappointment if this was the feeling of the entire audience...

rovereab
10-11-2019, 01:06 PM
I'd love to see the whole audience make the Stop move. That would be a great spectacle and would hopefully bind everyone into what must surely be one of Diana's key performances of her career.

Jimi LaLumia
10-11-2019, 04:25 PM
amazing news blue..back to work with you!!

jobeterob
10-11-2019, 06:00 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/diana-ross-is-first-artist-announced-for-glastonbury-2020/ar-AAIzL3y

mowsville
10-12-2019, 05:54 AM
Lets just hope that the tired old set list is revised for this grand occasion...this is the biggest festival in the world and one of the biggest stars in the world...dont mess this one up.

florence
10-12-2019, 06:13 AM
Actually there should be some thought put into the set.

While it may sound strange a lot of the audience won't know much about Diana's songs.

The tickets for the Festival were sold out before any performing artists were known.

While Diana was one of the most recognisable music stars in the UK up to the nineties she has really been out of the public eye for literally most of the new Millennium and many younger people aren't aware of her - this becomes obvious on quiz shows.

It's not like a concert where everyone will have bought a ticket especially to see Diana.

Maybe they should get a Greatest Hits album out 2/3 weeks in advance and heavily promote it. The news has caused a real buzz in the UK Media and generated massive publicity already.

I'm thinking there should probably be a slant towards more uptempo numbers although I personally prefer her ballads.

Bluebrock
10-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Lets just hope that the tired old set list is revised for this grand occasion...this is the biggest festival in the world and one of the biggest stars in the world...dont mess this one up.

It will be a set that concentrates on her biggest UK hits. Whether you regard that as a tired old set list is up to you. It is unrealistic to expect her to dig out some classic album tracks that we may love, but a mainstream audience would not be familiar with. You can expect a few Supremes classics along with the major solo hits. She is likely to concentrate on uptempo material for the most part, but expect a few timeless ballads such as Touch me in the morning, Mahogany, Endless love, when you tell me that you love me. There will also be a couple of surprises.
Do you have any sensible recommendations?

Bluebrock
10-12-2019, 08:27 AM
Actually there should be some thought put into the set.

While it may sound strange a lot of the audience won't know much about Diana's songs.

The tickets for the Festival were sold out before any performing artists were known.

While Diana was one of the most recognisable music stars in the UK up to the nineties she has really been out of the public eye for literally most of the new Millennium and many younger people aren't aware of her - this becomes obvious on quiz shows.

It's not like a concert where everyone will have bought a ticket especially to see Diana.

Maybe they should get a Greatest Hits album out 2/3 weeks in advance and heavily promote it. The news has caused a real buzz in the UK Media and generated massive publicity already.

I'm thinking there should probably be a slant towards more uptempo numbers although I personally prefer her ballads.
There will be some heavy promotion in the weeks leading up to Glastonbury. It has not yet been decided if there will be a newly compiled greatest hits or if an old compilation will be repromoted. Additional dates are yet to be confirmed. She will be making tv and radio appearances leading up to the festival, but we have not even begun to look into that yet.
She has a new album to record and more live dates in the States to complete before her attention turns to Glastonbury.

midnightman
10-12-2019, 11:08 AM
Can't wait to see a clip of her performing "I'm Still Waiting". :)

khansperac
10-12-2019, 11:22 AM
I suspect that she won’t perform many ballads. This is a party atmosphere. Even here in the states, ballads are kept to a minimum. I don’t think she will drop “Survive”. It is a “general concert goer” favorite. Too bad because she has many other songs she could substitute with. Perhaps “Have fun again” with Nile. If she does go with Mark Bronson as the producer of her new album, a guest appearance by him is almost certain.

Diana Ross Fan Club
10-12-2019, 11:39 AM
It will be a set that concentrates on her biggest UK hits. Whether you regard that as a tired old set list is up to you. It is unrealistic to expect her to dig out some classic album tracks that we may love, but a mainstream audience would not be familiar with. You can expect a few Supremes classics along with the major solo hits. She is likely to concentrate on uptempo material for the most part, but expect a few timeless ballads such as Touch me in the morning, Mahogany, Endless love, when you tell me that you love me. There will also be a couple of surprises.
Do you have any sensible recommendations?

I would recommend Remember Me; My Old Piano and You Are Everything - which were certificated as Silver in the UK. I bet fans from the England would love to hear Not Over You Yet too.

By the way, is there any chance Diana performs in South America next year?

Bluebrock
10-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Can't wait to see a clip of her performing "I'm Still Waiting". :)
She will do that one for sure.

Bluebrock
10-12-2019, 01:38 PM
amazing news blue..back to work with you!!

Thank you Jimi!

Bluebrock
10-12-2019, 01:43 PM
I would recommend Remember Me; My Old Piano and You Are Everything - which were certificated as Silver in the UK. I bet fans from the England would love to hear Not Over You Yet too.

By the way, is there any chance Diana performs in South America next year?
She won't do any of those songs i'm afraid. She will only be on stage for around 1 hour. There will not be enough time. Sorry .
As regards performing in South America i would say the chances are practically nil. She will continue to scale back her performances, and it is looking increasingly unlikely she will perform outside of the UK and USA.

thanxal
10-12-2019, 01:44 PM
It has not yet been decided if there will be a newly compiled greatest hits or if an old compilation will be repromoted.

A great opportunity for Ross 78 and Reflections EE to be released.

Bluebrock
10-12-2019, 01:46 PM
I suspect that she won’t perform many ballads. This is a party atmosphere. Even here in the states, ballads are kept to a minimum. I don’t think she will drop “Survive”. It is a “general concert goer” favorite. Too bad because she has many other songs she could substitute with. Perhaps “Have fun again” with Nile. If she does go with Mark Bronson as the producer of her new album, a guest appearance by him is almost certain.

I'm afraid i will survive will be included in the set. She loves performing that song, and there is no way she will consider leaving it out.
As regards Mark Ronson performing with her i will just say watch this space!

daviddh
10-12-2019, 03:42 PM
Wow...only 1 hour....will this be televised?
I think by now we know what songs she will do .maybe we will get a new song but not sure when exactly when this will be happening. Glad she is still touring.
Not holding my breath on universal. But it would be nice

mowsville
10-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Bluebrock....I was referring to the shows that Diana has been doing for the last few years...the sat list has not changed in all that while and it would be a shame to not use this oppotunity to show the folks that she does have more hits than the ones she has been singing in the same show for years....there are so many clips on the internet of Diana singing the same hits over and over...so yes it will be good if she is going to include some U.K hits...i wasnt expecting her to include some obsure album tracks in her set list...just include a few different hits that she hasnt done in a while.

Diana Ross Fan Club
10-12-2019, 05:22 PM
Is the new album going to be released before the Glastonbury show?

jobeterob
10-12-2019, 09:56 PM
It’s pretty hard to leave out You Can’t Hurry Love, Stop, Baby Love and Why Do Fools and IWS are concert songs, but maybe add to it with You Keep Me Hangin On, Come See About Me and although it wasn’t one of her biggest hits, LILAIIMH. And add I’m Still Waiting, Chain Reaction, WYTMTYLM and Remember Me for England

thanxal
10-12-2019, 10:16 PM
It’s pretty hard to leave out You Can’t Hurry Love, Stop, Baby Love and Why Do Fools and IWS are concert songs, but maybe add to it with You Keep Me Hangin On, Come See About Me and although it wasn’t one of her biggest hits, LILAIIMH. And add I’m Still Waiting, Chain Reaction, WYTMTYLM and Remember Me for England
As much as RTL gets sleighted by all sides, it at least gave us a live version of LILAIIMH. I would love to hear another version of it. It must be one of the least live-performed Supremes songs of them all.

Bluebrock
10-13-2019, 02:55 AM
Is the new album going to be released before the Glastonbury show?
Probably not. It is currently slated for a Sept/Oct release, but that could of course could change.

Bluebrock
10-13-2019, 02:59 AM
I very much doubt LILAIIMH or CSAM will be included. Remember Me is a possibility. The others are nailed on certainties.

Bluebrock
10-13-2019, 03:02 AM
Wow...only 1 hour....will this be televised?
I think by now we know what songs she will do .maybe we will get a new song but not sure when exactly when this will be happening. Glad she is still touring.
Not holding my breath on universal. But it would be nice
The whole festival is broadcast live on the BBC. It is quite difficult to avoid actually.

Bluebrock
10-13-2019, 03:08 AM
Bluebrock....I was referring to the shows that Diana has been doing for the last few years...the sat list has not changed in all that while and it would be a shame to not use this oppotunity to show the folks that she does have more hits than the ones she has been singing in the same show for years....there are so many clips on the internet of Diana singing the same hits over and over...so yes it will be good if she is going to include some U.K hits...i wasnt expecting her to include some obsure album tracks in her set list...just include a few different hits that she hasnt done in a while.
She will do the big UK hits that missed out in the USA for sure along with the major hits that were big on both sides of the Atlantic, but the performance will be geared towards a mainstream audience . Therefore if you are expecting any real surprises you are likely to be disappointed.

Ollie9
10-13-2019, 05:00 AM
As regards Glastonbury, i just hope Diana selects songs that suit her voice as to where it is now. She does not always save her best vocals for the big occasion so i for one will be keeping my fingers crossed.
I expect to hear virtually the same set list as An Audience with Diana Ross from way back in 99. Perhaps a new song if she gets to record that album. I may choose not to sit through the now obligatory "I Will Survive" due to health reasons.
I so wish "Paradise" had been a hit as it would make a great show opener/closer for such a venue. Also it's a Diana Ross song.
Although this is all very exciting news, it is the possibility a new album that i await with fervent anticipation.

florence
10-13-2019, 07:28 AM
I would go for a re-release of the Universal 2011 collection The Greatest - 44 tracks nearly all UK hits and a great price with a number of her biggest hits with The Supremes.

It sort of fell between the cracks when the promotion was quickly pulled although it did eventually reach Silver status.

Obviously One Woman was a monster but with over 1.3m sold many have it.

Maybe she should consider Remember Me if this was to be her last UK appearance - she could use it as her reprise and leave the stage to "Remember me as a good thing".

My personal fav Diana single and much underrated.

Bluebrock
10-13-2019, 10:43 AM
I would go for a re-release of the Universal 2011 collection The Greatest - 44 tracks nearly all UK hits and a great price with a number of her biggest hits with The Supremes.

It sort of fell between the cracks when the promotion was quickly pulled although it did eventually reach Silver status.

Obviously One Woman was a monster but with over 1.3m sold many have it.

Maybe she should consider Remember Me if this was to be her last UK appearance - she could use it as her reprise and leave the stage to "Remember me as a good thing".

My personal fav Diana single and much underrated.

It's also my personal fav too Florence. Such a beautiful song, and one of Diana's favorites too, but it is likely to be left out in favour of other crowdpleasers.
I suspect you may not be far out when you say the set list could be similar to the Audience with Diana Ross special from 1999.

floyjoy678
10-13-2019, 10:50 AM
I very much doubt LILAIIMH or CSAM will be included. Remember Me is a possibility. The others are nailed on certainties.

Come See About Me has been in her show for years now.

rovereab
10-13-2019, 12:31 PM
At the concerts I have attended in the UK Diana has always achieved fantastic crowd engagement. Typically, it involves Reach Out And Touch. However, I wonder if All For One might work as something new? It is such a lovely song with a great meaning.

khansperac
10-13-2019, 12:38 PM
The Glastonbury legends concert usually has the artist performing their greatest hits . This will be the standard Diana Ross greatest hits concert with her U.K. hits added in. To expect anything different will only set up some fans for disappointment.

daviddh
10-13-2019, 04:06 PM
When is this show.....any dates

Bluebrock
10-14-2019, 03:01 AM
I am not expecting it to be performed at Glastonbury.

Bluebrock
10-14-2019, 03:02 AM
When is this show.....any dates
June 2020.

Ollie9
10-14-2019, 05:56 AM
Considering "My Old Piano" was such a huge hit in the UK and would surely be a huge crowd pleaser, it seems strange Diana never performs the song when over here.. I can't imagine Glastonbury will be any different. It would surely make for a far better choice then "I will,you will, we will.............. YET AGAIN.
I can only assume Diana herself is simply not fond of the song.

Bluebrock
10-14-2019, 07:03 AM
Considering "My Old Piano" was such a huge hit in the UK and would surely be a huge crowd pleaser, it seems strange Diana never performs the song when over here.. I can't imagine Glastonbury will be any different. It would surely make for a far better choice then "I will,you will, we will.............. YET AGAIN.
She has never performed it live to the best of my knowledge. I would be most surprised if she started doing it at this stage of her career.

Ollie9
10-14-2019, 07:35 AM
She has never performed it live to the best of my knowledge. I would be most surprised if she started doing it at this stage of her career.

Shame. It seems an obvious choice to me.
As it will obviously be included, it would be nice for Diana to perform an album version of "Chain Reaction" rather than the sped up concert version?. I always think it dilutes the song making it sound a little to cabaret.

Bluebrock
10-14-2019, 12:27 PM
Shame. It seems an obvious choice to me.
As it will obviously be included, it would be nice for Diana to perform an album version of "Chain Reaction" rather than the sped up concert version?. I always think it dilutes the song making it sound a little to cabaret.
My hopes are not very high for that happening Ollie.....

vgalindo
10-14-2019, 01:14 PM
Yes it has. She does include it quite often.

Ollie9
10-15-2019, 12:14 PM
My hopes are not very high for that happening Ollie.....

Mine either lol.

Roberta75
10-15-2019, 08:36 PM
A British Music paper gives there Glastonbury Diana Ross dream set list.

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/diana-ross-dream-glastonbury-2020-setlist-2557333

Levi Stubbs Tears
10-15-2019, 10:08 PM
setlist.fm posts Diana's 'average' setlist for 2019 as:

I'M COMING OUT
More Today Than Yesterday
STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE
Come See About Me
YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE
TOUCH ME IN THE MORNING
LOVE CHILD
THE BOSS
UPSIDE DOWN
LOVE HANGOVER
Ease on Down The Road
The Look of Love
Don't Explain
Why Do Fools Fall in Love
MAHOGANY
AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH
I Will Survive
REACH OUT AND TOUCH

This set would last around an hour. I've capitalised the ones I think MUST be included in her set. I would hope the others would be replaced by the ones below:

Chain Reaction
You Keep Me Hanging On
When You Tell Me That You Love Me
I"m Still Waiting
Endless Love
Baby Love
My Man [[if she's gonna do any LSTB track it should be this one)

She really needs to cater to the UK general audience not to her uber-fans. I guess she can keep I Will Survive if she has to - at least the crowd will sing and dance along to it. I would rather not hear Why do Fools Fall in Love, but guessing she would insist on it.

midnightman
10-16-2019, 02:32 AM
Probably not. It is currently slated for a Sept/Oct release, but that could of course could change.

Ooh I didn't know the new album had a release date coming! What label is she signed to?

midnightman
10-16-2019, 02:33 AM

Explains why she doesn't perform Someday We'll Be Together, I don't think she ever liked that one lol

Ollie9
10-16-2019, 05:36 AM
Explains why she doesn't perform Someday We'll Be Together, I don't think she ever liked that one lol

I can kind of understand why she doesn't like to perform "Someday" due to various connotations. "My Old Piano" on the other hand was a big solo hit in the UK and is surely a crowd pleaser. It is also a song most people, at least in the UK seem to know and is even mentioned in the newspaper Glastonbury wishlist that Roberta kindly posted.
I would love for it to replace "IWS".....though i know it never will......sigh lol.

midnightman
10-16-2019, 08:24 AM
True. My Old Piano has almost become a rarity these days. That said, I love CHIC's work in it.

Bluebrock
10-16-2019, 08:54 AM
I can kind of understand why she doesn't like to perform "Someday" due to various connotations. "My Old Piano" on the other hand was a big solo hit in the UK and is surely a crowd pleaser. It is also a song most people, at least in the UK seem to know and is even mentioned in the newspaper Glastonbury wishlist that Roberta kindly posted.
I would love for it to replace "IWS".....though i know it never will......sigh lol.

There is more chance of Mary Wilson joining her on stage than her dropping IWS.

Ollie9
10-16-2019, 08:59 AM
There is more chance of Mary Wilson joining her on stage than her dropping IWS.

That is good news knowing that it can't be ruled out completely.:rolleyes:

Bluebrock
10-16-2019, 03:11 PM
That is good news knowing that it can't be ruled out completely.:rolleyes:
Ha ha. I am glad you can see that it is a real possibility Ollie ��

jobeterob
10-17-2019, 12:49 AM
Bluebrock, we may have asked you this before.

I’m sure Diana Ross and her family have dealt with all kinds of overzealous and crazy fans and people looking for money, but does she have any knowledge of this site and the negative side of it?

Bluebrock
10-17-2019, 02:44 AM
Bluebrock, we may have asked you this before.

I’m sure Diana Ross and her family have dealt with all kinds of overzealous and crazy fans and people looking for money, but does she have any knowledge of this site and the negative side of it?
She is vaguely aware of it. She has been known to briefly visit it on a few occasions, but there is someone VERY close to her who is on this forum very regularly.

jim aka jtigre99
10-17-2019, 05:39 AM
I wish Miss Ross nothing but success in this concert date. She sounds and looks great and I am sure whatever set she chooses will be delightful for her audience of fans. I am sure we will have a review on here when it happens.

Boogiedown
10-18-2019, 01:04 PM
She will indeed do additional UK dates, but probably not until late 2020/early 2021. The bad news is this may well be her farewell UK tour, and other European dates seem unlikely at the moment. She had to agree to the UK tour prior to her signing her new recording contract.. very interesting . I wonder what label she has newly signed to that has this much power over her? Did they demand the Glastonbury appearance as well?
That is all i can tell you at the moment, but i am as excited as you are, and Diana herself is very much looking forward go reconnecting with her UK audience. I am told most of her family will be joining her for the trip, and i dare say will also join her on stage. Oh dear, to perform ?? She only has but an hour as it is , right? Do the good subjects of Britain have that much interest in her "kids"?
More news as and when...

thanks for the info Bluebrock! [[See inserts)

Bluebrock
10-18-2019, 02:41 PM
thanks for the info Bluebrock! [[See inserts)
I don't know how many of them will be joining her on stage but i am told most of the immediate family will making the trip over so i suspect it could be a stage invasion!

SatansBlues
10-18-2019, 03:10 PM
What song did DR use to open her concerts with before "I'm Coming Out" became a hit?

khansperac
10-18-2019, 03:21 PM
Don’t know about before, but even after that song became a hit she had opened her shows with it’s my turn, swept away, the boss, And take me higher. I’m sure there have been others as well, if others could chime in.

vgalindo
10-18-2019, 03:31 PM
What song did DR use to open her concerts with before "I'm Coming Out" became a hit?
I’ve personally have seen her open up with “Ain’t no Mountain”. And “Its my turn”.

SatansBlues
10-18-2019, 03:35 PM
I’ve personally have seen her open up with “Ain’t no Mountain”. And “Its my turn”.

Ok, thanks. It seems that she's just been opening to ICO, the last couple of shows that I've seen. I haven't see or heard of her opening to It's My Turn in ages.

reese
10-18-2019, 03:37 PM

I think her first solo opener was DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE. Also in the 70s, I've seen her open with TOUCH ME IN THE MORNING, HERE I AM/I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING, and AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH.

Other openings over the years [[besides those already mentioned) have been CHAIN REACTION and a medley of I'M COMING OUT and UPSIDE DOWN.

reese
10-18-2019, 03:38 PM
Ok, thanks. It seems that she's just been opening to ICO, the last couple of shows that I've seen. I haven't see or heard of her opening to It's My Turn in ages.

When I saw her in-the-round in 1984, she made her way to the stage while singing IT'S MY TURN.

khansperac
10-18-2019, 04:04 PM
In the last decade, The only other song that she opened her shows with, that I recall, was the boss.

vgalindo
10-18-2019, 05:43 PM
When I saw her in-the-round in 1984, she made her way to the stage while singing IT'S MY TURN.
Yes. I was at a huge in the round arena back in 1983 and that’s how she opened the show.

Boogiedown
10-18-2019, 05:48 PM
I don't know how many of them will be joining her on stage but i am told most of the immediate family will making the trip over so i suspect it could be a stage invasion!
thanks ! what say you about my other inquiry?

She had to agree to the UK tour prior to her signing her new recording contract.. very interesting . I wonder what label she has newly signed to that has this much power over her? Did they demand the Glastonbury appearance as well?

PeaceNHarmony
10-18-2019, 07:30 PM
'The Boss' tour performance I attended featured 'Ridin' High' as an opener, then on to 'I Ain't' ...

JohnnyB
10-18-2019, 07:40 PM
'The Boss' tour performance I attended featured 'Ridin' High' as an opener, then on to 'I Ain't' ...

Diana opened a Dallas show in 1982 with Home; I’m Comin’ Out was the second song. Really surprising, but this was immediately following a Detroit show in which she also opened used Home. She may have liked the response “at home” and wanted to try it on the road...

reese
10-18-2019, 07:45 PM
Diana opened a Dallas show in 1982 with Home; I’m Comin’ Out was the second song. Really surprising, but this was immediately following a Detroit show in which she also opened used Home. She may have liked the response “at home” and wanted to try it on the road...

That's an interesting opening. When I saw her that same year, she was back to opening with AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH followed by I'M COMING OUT and THE BOSS. She didn't perform HOME at all.

khansperac
10-18-2019, 08:01 PM
The great thing about those early 80’s shows is that they were mostly in the round. The house lights would dim and then you would hear that legendary voice singing something like, “I can’t cover up my feelings in the name of love”. Then she appears amongst the audience singing.

reese
10-18-2019, 11:23 PM
The great thing about those early 80’s shows is that they were mostly in the round. The house lights would dim and then you would hear that legendary voice singing something like, “I can’t cover up my feelings in the name of love”. Then she appears amongst the audience singing.

I did enjoy those shows. It proved that although the dancers, mimes, and lasers were nice, they weren't needed. Diana alone had thousands in the palm of her hand.

midnightman
10-19-2019, 12:42 AM
That just reminds me: why doesn't she open her concerts with her ballads anymore? Can you imagine her doing It's My Turn as an opener? That would be epic.

Ollie9
10-19-2019, 04:45 AM
Regarding what record label Diana has now signed to, i'm assuming it's not another return to motown??....................or is it?. Does anyone know????

Ollie9
10-19-2019, 05:07 AM
It would make a refreshing change for Diana to drop "I'm Coming Out" as the show opener. It's such an obvious choice and has been done to death.
Having seen her open with "It's My Turn", i think an uptempo song works best overall in creating that all important initial impact.
I would like to see either "He Lives In You" or "The Boss" take over. ICO could feature later in the show.
In a perfect world i would have the second song as the slow version of "Not Over You Yet". If Babs can change it up, why can't Diana?.

Bluebrock
10-19-2019, 08:18 AM
It would make a refreshing change for Diana to drop "I'm Coming Out" as the show opener. It's such an obvious choice and has been done to death.
Having seen her open with "It's My Turn", i think an uptempo song works best overall in creating that all important initial impact.
I would like to see either "He Lives In You" or "The Boss" take over. ICO could feature later in the show.
In a perfect world i would have the second song as the slow version of "Not Over You Yet". If Babs can change it up, why can't Diana?.
She will open up her set at Glastonbury with I'm coming out.

Bluebrock
10-19-2019, 08:23 AM
thanks ! what say you about my other inquiry?

[/COLOR]

I honestly do not know. I was told two companies offered her similar terms, but until i receive official confirmation i would rather not say. It is likely to be a 2 album deal with at least one UK tour as one of the terms of the agreement. Other European dates are now looking more favourable, but she is reluctant to commit to a world tour. That is all i know at the moment. Sorry.

daviddh
10-19-2019, 09:39 AM
Do we need a new Hits CD???
We just got a new one about a year ago.
I say reissue the original 76 or One Woman.
I am sure Diana will switch the show up for this. But there are do many Ross classics I'm sure it's hard to put them all in.
But for fun.heres a few of my choices.
Tenderness
It's my turn
Chain reaction
Crimes of Passion
Touch me in the morning
Good morning heartache
My baby my own
I'm still waiting
Love hangover
The boss
Come in from the rain
If you're not gonna love me right
Love will conguer all
Getting ready for love
Today I fell in love
One shinning moment
Give up
Waiting in the wings
Take me higher
Not over you yet
Upside down
One love in my lifetime
Never say I don't love you
Remember me
Carry on

I know I'm dreaming.lol

daviddh
10-19-2019, 09:44 AM
Happy Diana is doing well and getting her props despite the jealous haters

Bluebrock
10-19-2019, 11:48 AM
Do we need a new Hits CD???
We just got a new one about a year ago.
I say reissue the original 76 or One Woman.
I am sure Diana will switch the show up for this. But there are do many Ross classics I'm sure it's hard to put them all in.
But for fun.heres a few of my choices.
Tenderness
It's my turn
Chain reaction
Crimes of Passion
Touch me in the morning
Good morning heartache
My baby my own
I'm still waiting
Love hangover
The boss
Come in from the rain
If you're not gonna love me right
Love will conguer all
Getting ready for love
Today I fell in love
One shinning moment
Give up
Waiting in the wings
Take me higher
Not over you yet
Upside down
One love in my lifetime
Never say I don't love you
Remember me
Carry on

I know I'm dreaming.lol

Yes you are dreaming but i think it is a most pleasant dream. Nothing wrong with that.

florence
10-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Considering I'm Coming Out is now by far her most streamed track in the UK and has been getting airplay in connection with the news of her Glastonbury gig plus many positive comments it would seem the ideal song for that all important opening.

We have to remember it's a mainstream and not a concert audience.

jobeterob
10-19-2019, 12:28 PM
I’m tired of I’m Coming Out but it’s got to be the opener

vgalindo
10-19-2019, 02:49 PM
Back in the 80s, I remember when she would do longer shows. “I’m coming out” sometimes would be used as an opening for the second half.

khansperac
10-19-2019, 02:57 PM
I saw a video clip of a performance in the 70s where it appeared that she started the show with touched me in the morning.

George Solomon
10-19-2019, 04:25 PM
In 1971 at the Waldorf she opened at least one show with I Loves Ya Porgy. But the slower arrangement the way it is on BLUE. A somewhat odd choice lyrically but different! She opened a Universal Amphitheater show with Endless Love. Maybe it was during the TAKE ME HIGHER tour? Don't exactly remember. As mentioned earlier the SWEPT AWAY tour often started with "It's My Turn."

reese
10-19-2019, 04:41 PM
In 1971 at the Waldorf she opened at least one show with I Loves Ya Porgy. But the slower arrangement the way it is on BLUE. A somewhat odd choice lyrically but different! She opened a Universal Amphitheater show with Endless Love. Maybe it was during the TAKE ME HIGHER tour? Don't exactly remember. As mentioned earlier the SWEPT AWAY tour often started with "It's My Turn."

I think I remember reading that ENDLESS LOVE opened her 1984 Universal Amphitheatre shows but don't quote me on that.

daviddh
10-19-2019, 04:41 PM
I think It's My Turn would be a good opener but A stand out track either way

Bluebrock
10-20-2019, 03:03 AM
She actually opened with Swept Away when i saw her on that tour. It seems that she added some variety to that particular tour.

Ollie9
10-20-2019, 04:45 AM
She actually opened with Swept Away when i saw her on that tour. It seems that she added some variety to that particular tour.

I remember seeing her in London at the Royal Albert Hall in 85 where she walked through from the back of the audience singing "It's My Turn". It was an exciting and unexpected entrance.
The highlight of the show for me was an inch-perfect version of "Telephone".

Bluebrock
10-20-2019, 08:16 AM
I remember seeing her in London at the Royal Albert Hall in 85 where she walked through from the back of the audience singing "It's My Turn". It was an exciting and unexpected entrance.
The highlight of the show for me was an inch-perfect version of "Telephone".
I know how pissed off i was with EMI when they refused to release Swept Away as a single in the UK despite it's success in the USA, and yet here was Diana singing it as the opening for her show. They were clueless and had no idea how to market her at that time.

daviddh
10-20-2019, 10:18 AM
I didn't realise that Swept Away wasn't released as a single in UK. But I have wondered the same when the USA didn't release Not Over You Yet as a single.
What! What about the Chain Reaction mess here....wtf. radio started playing it and then they just stopped.
I'm Still Waiting.....motowns fault!

florence
10-20-2019, 12:17 PM
I know how pissed off i was with EMI when they refused to release Swept Away as a single in the UK despite it's success in the USA, and yet here was Diana singing it as the opening for her show. They were clueless and had no idea how to market her at that time.

Any particular reason why they refused to release Swept Away here, Blue?

The Daryl Hall connection would have gotten great publicity and for some strange reason it was the uptempo songs which did better than the ballads in the UK in the 80s.

I was very disappointed with their effort behind Touch By Touch - with the right promotion it was surely at least a top 20 hit.

I also felt there were possibilities to Forever Young released as Diana Ross featuring Eric Clapton.

florence
10-20-2019, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=daviddh;544686]

Waiting is a tough one - I doubt it was ever seen as a single and it only surfaced in the UK in the summer of '71 when Tony Blackburn a UK DJ championed it.

Motown released in the US a couple of months later but it was too late by then - had the potential been realised sooner and it had been the follow-up to Mountain or even come on the heels of Remember Me the story could have been a lot different.

detmotownguy
10-20-2019, 01:45 PM
I didn't realise that Swept Away wasn't released as a single in UK. But I have wondered the same when the USA didn't release Not Over You Yet as a single.
What! What about the Chain Reaction mess here....wtf. radio started playing it and then they just stopped.

I'm Still Waiting.....motowns fault!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNLZcOpThpM Looks like the concert attendees liked it.

Bluebrock
10-20-2019, 02:07 PM
Any particular reason why they refused to release Swept Away here, Blue?

The Daryl Hall connection would have gotten great publicity and for some strange reason it was the uptempo songs which did better than the ballads in the UK in the 80s.

I was very disappointed with their effort behind Touch By Touch - with the right promotion it was surely at least a top 20 hit.

I also felt there were possibilities to Forever Young released as Diana Ross featuring Eric Clapton.
A couple of good friends of mine worked at EMI. One still does actually. I asked him why Swept Away was not to be issued as a single. He said they did not think it had hit potential. They did not spend much money on promoting the swept away album . They were disappointed when touch by touch was only a minor hit, but they did not promote that either. Even Diana was surprised that swept away was not issued as a single. EMI were a shambles at this time. Heads had to roll and indeed did roll not long afterwards.
The music business is a cut throat business and sometimes one has to make unpopular decisions. Nice guys always come second. This lethargy had to stop. By the time Force behind the power came out harsh lessons had been learned and only the most committed and hard working staff remained. The results reflected this. Those unpopular decisions became fully justified.

Ollie9
10-20-2019, 03:32 PM
Perhaps part of the reasoning in not releasing "SA" in the UK was that "Mirror Mirror" only scraped into the 30's and that was when Diana was at her popularity peak.
I have to agree with EMI on this one in that i really don't think "Swept Away" would have done that much had it been released. Even the beautiful "Missing You" dive bombed despite ooodles of airplay.
I blame the lack of interest in the UK on those first two albums.

florence
10-21-2019, 05:58 AM
The Why Do Fools album did pretty well in the UK reaching #17 and going Gold.

It was one of the top 100 selling albums for 1981.

I was always puzzled by the lack of success for Missing You in the UK.

Apparently it was repromoted a couple of times and must have spent 3 or 4 months in the top 200 stalling at #76.

I just don't understand how a major company like EMI couldn't break a record into the top 75 when apparently they were trying to.

Lack of singles success killed off the SA album which for me ranks as one of Diana's finest.

Circa 1824
10-21-2019, 06:02 AM
I hated Swept Away, both single and album. There was very little quality hit potential during the RCA debacle.

Bluebrock
10-21-2019, 06:35 AM
I hated Swept Away, both single and album. There was very little quality hit potential during the RCA debacle.
There were a few gems scattered here and there during the rca years, but there was far too much dross too. She did not cut any totally essential albums during this period, but most of the albums had at least a couple of great tracks.

Boogiedown
10-21-2019, 01:42 PM
I honestly do not know. I was told two companies offered her similar terms, but until i receive official confirmation i would rather not say. It is likely to be a 2 album deal with at least one UK tour as one of the terms of the agreement. Other European dates are now looking more favourable, but she is reluctant to commit to a world tour. That is all i know at the moment. Sorry.

I'm impressed that at this point in her career Diana's got two companies courting her. Good for her!!

Ollie9
10-21-2019, 02:38 PM
I just don't understand how a major company like EMI couldn't break a record into the top 75 when apparently they were trying to.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Bluebrock
10-21-2019, 04:17 PM
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

As i stated in a previous post in this thread they had people who really where out of their depth with their attempts to promote the product. Yiu really don't want to know.....

Ollie9
10-22-2019, 03:42 AM
As i stated in a previous post in this thread they had people who really where out of their depth with their attempts to promote the product. Yiu really don't want to know.....

I can imagine... Having said that "Missing You" was an odd case. I listened to a lot of radio back then,and "Missing You" was played all the time.
It seems that at that point in time after three less then stellar albums the UK public had lost faith in her. She had not had a hit since "Muscles" and even fans were becoming disillusioned.
It's also quite possible the british public were just not very smitten with the song.

Bluebrock
10-22-2019, 08:19 AM
I can imagine... Having said that "Missing You" was an odd case. I listened to a lot of radio back then,and "Missing You" was played all the time.
It seems that at that point in time after three less then stellar albums the UK public had lost faith in her. She had not had a hit since "Muscles" and even fans were becoming disillusioned.
It's also quite possible the british public were just not very smitten with the song.

I don't recall hearing Missing You that often on the radio, but you obviously do so maybe you have a point about the public losing faith in her at that time, but i still maintain that not enough effort was put into promoting the product. It requires lots of hard work to get that publicity machine working well.

florence
10-22-2019, 12:53 PM
I don't recall hearing Missing You that often on the radio, but you obviously do so maybe you have a point about the public losing faith in her at that time, but i still maintain that not enough effort was put into promoting the product. It requires lots of hard work to get that publicity machine working well.

Yes.

Chain Reaction was such a great record and dance floor filler it became a monster in spite of rather than because of the record company.

It was the clubs, discos and music TV Channels which broke it.

Roberta75
10-23-2019, 09:34 PM
Yes.

Chain Reaction was such a great record and dance floor filler it became a monster in spite of rather than because of the record company.

It was the clubs, discos and music TV Channels which broke it.

The chain reaction video was off the chain. I loved it.

Bluebrock
10-24-2019, 03:08 PM
Watch this space UK fans. There should be an announcement imminently.

daviddh
10-24-2019, 07:40 PM
I remember Missing You wasn't getting a lot of airplay here in USA until she performed it on the American Music Awards then it hit and climbed the charts to pop 10.
Chain Reaction was the same..it did not do well until the AMAs then they rereleased it. They finally started playing it but then stopped.never got it..great song. Should of hit big. I think Mary Wilson book took a toll.
I think when Diana is visable on tv she charts higher then when she doesn't. But I think that has always been the case.
Just my opinion

florence
10-25-2019, 06:40 AM
Missing You was actually dropping down the charts from a peak of around #50 when Diana appeared on the AMA's in 1985 where they showed her video of the song causing it to rebound up the chart.

JohnnyB
10-26-2019, 03:15 AM
Missing You was actually dropping down the charts from a peak of around #50 when Diana appeared on the AMA's in 1985 where they showed her video of the song causing it to rebound up the chart.

I remember this, but I didn’t make the AMA connection. The song peaked at a disappointing #46 on the pop charts while continuing to move upwards on the R&B chart, eventually hitting #1. When it rebounded, I assumed that pop stations jumped on the song because of its R&B success.

reese
10-26-2019, 11:08 AM
I remember this, but I didn’t make the AMA connection. The song peaked at a disappointing #46 on the pop charts while continuing to move upwards on the R&B chart, eventually hitting #1. When it rebounded, I assumed that pop stations jumped on the song because of its R&B success.

I remember being surprised when MISSING YOU originally peaked so badly, especially when it followed two Top 20 pop hits. When her next single TELEPHONE didn't chart pop at all, followed by the bad peaks of EATEN ALIVE and CHAIN REACTION, I figured she had lost pop radio. Such a drop from the early 80s.

Bluebrock
10-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Most of the crowd at Glastonbury will not have seen a live set from Diana before so it would make perfect sense for her to commence her set with I'm Coming Out which is her most popular streamed song over here.

Worntorndress
10-26-2019, 03:37 PM
I'm so looking forward to this. I wish I could make it to a live show but as a teacher I can't get away in time to get there from where I live. The coverage of Glastonbury will be great to watch, though! Bluebrock - please pass on my/our best wishes and excitement to Diana if you are able to. I would dearly love to meet Diana, but I don't suppose that will ever happen, sadly. Really looking forward to seeing Glastonbury, though!

Bluebrock
10-27-2019, 03:37 AM
I'm so looking forward to this. I wish I could make it to a live show but as a teacher I can't get away in time to get there from where I live. The coverage of Glastonbury will be great to watch, though! Bluebrock - please pass on my/our best wishes and excitement to Diana if you are able to. I would dearly love to meet Diana, but I don't suppose that will ever happen, sadly. Really looking forward to seeing Glastonbury, though!
I will certainly do that Worntorndress if i get the opportunity to do so.
I am not sure where you live but there is every chance of more venues being added to this tour, and a very distinct possibility of another tour taking place in 2021 so you may get your chance to see her live.

Worntorndress
10-27-2019, 09:33 AM
I am not sure where you live but there is every chance of more venues being added to this tour, and a very distinct possibility of another tour taking place in 2021 so you may get your chance to see her live.

Thanks Bluebrock, my name is Robert [[in case you get to mention my good wishes to Diana, it's probably politer than 'worntorndress'!). I live in Norwich which, although lovely, is in the centre of Norfolk and not that easy to get to places from in a hurry! What is it that you do with regards to Diana, and making yourself available for her if you don't mind me asking? Am relatively new here and don't know anyone apart from what they post on here! Not even sure who on here is UK based. Perhaps Diana would consider an open air concert at Buckling - Dame Shirley was amazing there some years ago, and I know Elton came and performed in the Norwich City Football Club stadium a few years ago, so that's also a possibility, however they come with the limitations of access that East Anglia has, unfortunately.

Bluebrock
10-27-2019, 10:22 AM
Thanks Bluebrock, my name is Robert [[in case you get to mention my good wishes to Diana, it's probably politer than 'worntorndress'!). I live in Norwich which, although lovely, is in the centre of Norfolk and not that easy to get to places from in a hurry! What is it that you do with regards to Diana, and making yourself available for her if you don't mind me asking? Am relatively new here and don't know anyone apart from what they post on here! Not even sure who on here is UK based. Perhaps Diana would consider an open air concert at Buckling - Dame Shirley was amazing there some years ago, and I know Elton came and performed in the Norwich City Football Club stadium a few years ago, so that's also a possibility, however they come with the limitations of access that East Anglia has, unfortunately.

Norwich is a lovely place to visit, but as you say it is a nightmare to get to. I don't think Diana is likely to visit anytime soon sadly.
I will pm you later and attempt to address your questions. Hope you are enjoying being a member on here.

Worntorndress
10-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Norwich is a lovely place to visit, but as you say it is a nightmare to get to. I don't think Diana is likely to visit anytime soon sadly.
I will pm you later and attempt to address your questions. Hope you are enjoying being a member on here.
It's fabulous, so many knowledgeable people interesting posts and conversations!

Bluebrock
10-27-2019, 05:06 PM
It's fabulous, so many knowledgeable people interesting posts and conversations!
Very happy to hear it. Will be in touch as soon as i am able

Bluebrock
10-31-2019, 09:38 AM

I have just noticed something. When i first received notification of these dates it said "the only European dates in 2020", but when the official advertisement came out there was no mention of them being the only European dates. Make of that what you will.

mowsville
10-31-2019, 10:32 AM
Worntorndress im from Norwich too.

mowsville
10-31-2019, 10:36 AM
I dont know if anyone remembers but there were rumours in the mid 80s that Diana was house hunting in Norfolk...there was even a big piece about it in the local paper.

Bluebrock
10-31-2019, 12:33 PM
I dont know if anyone remembers but there were rumours in the mid 80s that Diana was house hunting in Norfolk...there was even a big piece about it in the local paper.
She retained her home in Chelsea until around 2014. Despite not performing in the UK for a long time she did continue to visit London regularly and performed at a few private functions.
I have never heard of her househunting in Norfolk. Lovely County though it is i would have thought it rather remote for a hard working superstar.

midnightman
10-31-2019, 12:36 PM
I remembered reading about her buying a home in the Chelsea area. Like a lot of Motown alumni, she has a very large, devoted UK fan base.

mowsville
10-31-2019, 01:01 PM
I think it was just a rumour because she was househunting in the U.K at the time and it was prob wishful thinking on our part ...I wish i had kept the newspaper article.

Bluebrock
10-31-2019, 01:57 PM
I think it was just a rumour because she was househunting in the U.K at the time and it was prob wishful thinking on our part ...I wish i had kept the newspaper article.

Yeah; i would be interested in reading that article. I have never once heard her mention anything about buying a property in Norfolk.

jobeterob
11-18-2019, 01:42 PM
Paul McCartney is also headlining one of the earlier days.

florence
05-12-2020, 01:07 PM
Finally an acknowledgement from Ticketmaster about the UK tour dates:

Diana Ross ‘Top Of The World Tour’ - Various venues

Hi there,

This tour has been postponed...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that the following dates of this tour have been postponed:

First Direct Arena, Leeds - 30 June 2020
M&S Bank Arena Liverpool - 1 July 2020
Manchester Arena - 3 & 19 July 2020
The SSE Hydro, Glasgow - 4 July 2020
Utilita Arena Birmingham - 6 July 2020
The O2, London - 8, 9 and 18 July 2020

The following statement has been issued:

"In light of recent Government advice in relation to the ongoing situation with COVID-19 unfortunately the upcoming Diana Ross ‘Top Of The World Tour’ will be rescheduled to 2021.

We are currently working hard with the Artist to reschedule the dates, so would advise you to hold on to your tickets as they will remain valid for the future dates.

As soon as there is an update customers will be contacted.

We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time."

They’re working hard to arrange new dates and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for the new dates.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange, you will be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

Please understand that given the circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our FAQs [[http://click.customerservice.tmm.ticketmaster.co.uk/?qs=9839d88a531c7cd2783a0a28060b9b527fc62a0edb6a7e 652b2ef2b73c48229cf90c21985ec417bb53a480dc47d4fde3 ).

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Best Wishes,
Ticketmaster Customer Service

Ticketmaster [[http://click.customerservice.tmm.ticketmaster.co.uk/?qs=b9738f89ba04203454224ee578ef8858def47ba3aa1960 e56479eecb177244ff5c473568410b826e2d4ac4a271ac1a92 ) | My account [[http://click.customerservice.tmm.ticketmaster.co.uk/?qs=b9738f89ba042034d8157e7fbc8ebf85c777747d56f9a9 96972737c4c3edce3a89efafcc11f2dbf512f38d1fbaad98f0 )
© 2020 Ticketmaster, All rights reserved.
Ticketmaster UK Ltd [[registered in England and Wales, number 02662632) 4 Pentonville Road, London N1 9HF . VAT Number: GB766098489

https://outlook.live.com/actions/ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fclick.customerservice.tmm.ticket master.co.uk%2Fopen.aspx%3Fffcb10-fe9117707061077b7d-fdc8157076650474701d757562-fe9715737567037c7c-fec310797d64037d-fdfc15727167077c7c157573-ffcf14&d=2020-05-12T16%3A57%3A54.157Z

TomatoTom123
05-13-2020, 10:04 AM
:[[
Totally understand though

florence
05-13-2020, 01:42 PM
Who can possibly see into the future but my gut says that these dates will not even happen in 2021.