PDA

View Full Version : David Ruffin - Temptations Medly [[1969) SOLO!

test

marv2
09-30-2019, 06:01 PM
Here's something uploaded just yesterday and extremely rare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU080252naQ

arr&bee
10-01-2019, 02:31 PM
I remember this one too,david was in all his vocal glory,he's still wearing his temps stage jacket too!!

NativeNuYorker
10-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Thank you for sharing this. He could sure hit those high notes. I don't know if he really appreciated his gift.

arr&bee
10-02-2019, 11:48 AM
Poor david,like those before and since thought that he was in control..when drugs are involved-the drugs always win...david forever!!

Roger Polhill
10-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Thanks Marv. Would you or anybody know from which show it came.Could it be "Della", "Mike Douglas Show", "Generation Gap" or "Say Brother"

marv2
10-08-2019, 11:16 PM
Thanks Marv. Would you or anybody know from which show it came.Could it be "Della", "Mike Douglas Show", "Generation Gap" or "Say Brother"

Roger you are most welcome. Yes this is from WGBH-TV's [[Boston) "Say Brother" program series, directed by Stan Lathan. In the 60s and 70s there were many somewhat short lived locally produced music related television programs. This one was produced in Boston, MA.

Roger Polhill
10-09-2019, 02:48 AM
Marv, many thanks as I`m doing a project on Motown artist`s film appearances and this fills a crack. I warn there could be further enquiries !

marv2
10-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Marv, many thanks as I`m doing a project on Motown artist`s film appearances and this fills a crack. I warn there could be further enquiries !

That is great. I welcome them. If I can help out in any way I will. Thanks.

reese
10-09-2019, 08:34 AM

"Say Brother" has remained on the air but is now known as "Basic Black."

When they had a SB anniversary special some time back, they showed a lot of 60s music clips from acts like the Pips, the Impressions, and Patti LaBelle and the Bluebelles. Over the years, they also covered a lot of notables like Eartha Kitt, Jesse Jackson and Maya Angelou, as well as local Boston-area political figures.