PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Christmas Time in Red Vinyl

test

jobeterob
09-28-2019, 12:54 AM
https://blackamericaweb.com/2019/09/27/diana-ross-wonderful-christmas-time-a-2lp-limited-edition-translucent-red-vinyl-set-available-this-holiday-season/

IMissFlo93
09-28-2019, 07:57 AM
Will people still remember Diana Ross after Mary's publicity?

LOL.

Speaking of Supremes I really think Flo should have done "O Little Town of Bethlehem" when she was with the group.

thanxal
09-28-2019, 10:11 AM
Yeah, but the red vinyl version is $15 more than the black vinyl. I ordered the black vinyl from Amazon for $21 and the UMG site has the red for $36. Woof! $15 for the color red.

jobeterob
09-28-2019, 11:18 AM
It’s more expensive to make! Is it really? Why would they do things Ike that?

thanxal
09-28-2019, 11:59 AM
It’s more expensive to make! Is it really? Why would they do things Ike that?

https://youtu.be/t5KU34DrrPI

jobeterob
09-28-2019, 09:11 PM
I have the CD without the extra songs

I might get the new CD with extra songs

I would not get either vinyl but I sure wouldn’t get the red vinyl in addition to the black vinyl

carlo
09-30-2019, 10:53 AM
I pre-ordered the red version a few months ago. Ms Ross and The Supremes are amongst the handful of acts that I will always splurge on, when it comes to collectibles. It is extremely common these days for record labels to put out a limited edition run of a vinyl reissue on a different coloured disc and charge more for it. They do it because they know that they can get away with it in the collector's market.

jobeterob
09-30-2019, 01:20 PM
Makes sense

drlorne
10-01-2019, 02:01 PM
I just ordered my red vinyl. It's expensive now, but not in 2 years when it's no longer available.

jobeterob
10-01-2019, 02:05 PM
You guys are better collectors than me.

sophisticated_soul
10-01-2019, 03:38 PM
For those of you purchasing the red vinyl, may I ask from who are you ordering it? I know Merchbar has it, but I've never purchased from them before and their online reviews are like 90% negative. udiscovermusic.com also has it but I don't know that site either, though I didn't find any negative reviews about them.

pghmusiclover
10-01-2019, 03:48 PM
FWIW, I just ordered the LP from uDiscover on Friday and it was delivered yesterday [[Monday). They were very reliable.

sophisticated_soul
10-01-2019, 03:58 PM
FWIW, I just ordered the LP from uDiscover on Friday and it was delivered yesterday [[Monday). They were very reliable.

Thank you very much.:)

jobeterob
10-01-2019, 05:18 PM
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/diana-ross-wonderful-christmas-time-vinyl-reissue/

sophisticated_soul
10-01-2019, 07:02 PM
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/diana-ross-wonderful-christmas-time-vinyl-reissue/

Thank you, I just ordered it from udiscovermusic.:)

vgalindo
10-01-2019, 08:47 PM
Thank you as well I just ordered my copy today.

jobeterob
10-02-2019, 12:13 AM
Maybe I should get one of these

As a Christmas present last year, we got a turntable again.

PeaceNHarmony
10-02-2019, 07:40 PM
Maybe I should get one of these

As a Christmas present last year, we got a turntable again.Why not? These are issued as collectibles and are fun to own. How are you liking the lp 'thang? I'm tempted ...

jobeterob
10-03-2019, 12:12 AM
Quite a lot; worth trying

carlo
10-03-2019, 02:53 PM
I pre-ordered my red copy a couple of months ago from Merchbar and it shipped last week but it has not arrived yet. Anxiously awaiting its arrival! :)

milven
10-03-2019, 10:52 PM
I pre-ordered my red copy a couple of months ago from Merchbar and it shipped last week but it has not arrived yet. Anxiously awaiting its arrival! :)

You are the epitome of a true Supremes fan. You support all of them, speak negatively of none of them, support their concerts and love being the "first one on the block" to own their latest release, be it a CD, LP or Book.

jobeterob
10-04-2019, 12:41 AM
Yah Carlo; also Brad is too

Ollie9
10-04-2019, 06:54 AM
I don't possess a record player but am already playing my "Wonderful Christmas Time" cd here in October. I much prefer the new title, tracklisting and cover art.

jobeterob
10-04-2019, 01:50 PM
There's a new cover and title? I tried to look at this article but I'm not seeing the changes although I understand they added the old Hallmark Cuts.

sophisticated_soul
10-08-2019, 01:00 AM
Thank you, I just ordered it from udiscovermusic.:)

I ordered Oct 1st and it arrived today the 7th. I paid regular postage. Turns out udiscovermusic.com is an arm of UMG, so you are in essence ordering from the manufacture.

It was great to break the seal on a new Diana Ross album, like back in the day. As a fan, it is definitely worth the extra for the red vinyl.

Bluebrock
10-08-2019, 02:55 AM
I don't possess a record player but am already playing my "Wonderful Christmas Time" cd here in October. I much prefer the new title, tracklisting and cover art.
You are very early! I always used to start playing my Christmas music on Dec 1st, and then as my collection grew i started on the 25th Nov. Last year i started on 10th Nov, and i reckon it will be early Nov this year.

Ollie9
10-08-2019, 07:38 AM
You are very early! I always used to start playing my Christmas music on Dec 1st, and then as my collection grew i started on the 25th Nov. Last year i started on 10th Nov, and i reckon it will be early Nov this year.

I am a tad previous i guess lol. I really like this expanded cd. I'm pleased that it remains traditional in style. You can keep your "Frosty The Snowman" as far as i'm concerned, for the christmas season i prefer something a little more sedate.
The only bum track for me is "Ave Maria", with wobbly vocal and clumsy annunciation. The rest is charming.
How about U Bluebrock???. Is this the cd you will be stirring your christmas pudding mix to?.

carlo
11-15-2019, 05:08 PM
You are the epitome of a true Supremes fan. You support all of them, speak negatively of none of them, support their concerts and love being the "first one on the block" to own their latest release, be it a CD, LP or Book.

Just saw this...thank you Milven :)

Jimi LaLumia
11-15-2019, 07:06 PM
I'm getting one and that's that!!

carlo
12-01-2019, 03:22 PM
The double red vinyl set is $10 off at the moment on Merch Bar:

https://www.merchbar.com/dance-electronic-edm/diana-ross/diana-ross-wonderful-christmas-time-2lp-color?ucc=US&ucl=CA

Bluebrock
12-01-2019, 04:10 PM
I am a tad previous i guess lol. I really like this expanded cd. I'm pleased that it remains traditional in style. You can keep your "Frosty The Snowman" as far as i'm concerned, for the christmas season i prefer something a little more sedate.
The only bum track for me is "Ave Maria", with wobbly vocal and clumsy annunciation. The rest is charming.
How about U Bluebrock???. Is this the cd you will be stirring your christmas pudding mix to?.

It's one of many along with The Supremes, Nat King Cole,Mariah, Luther, Brenda Lee, J5, Celine Dion, Andy Williams, Johnny Mathis and many many more.

Ollie9
12-01-2019, 05:50 PM
It's one of many along with The Supremes, Nat King Cole,Mariah, Luther, Brenda Lee, J5, Celine Dion, Andy Williams, Johnny Mathis and many many more.

For me it's Diana and Bab's all the way with perhaps a little bit of Kem thrown in for good measure.

Bluebrock
12-01-2019, 06:54 PM
For me it's Diana and Bab's all the way with perhaps a little bit of Kem thrown in for good measure.

Babs would be in mine too. Not heard any Christmas music from Kem, but i do like his other albums

jobeterob
12-02-2019, 02:01 PM
I recently got this in CD with the additional songs - in a drug store chain in Canada, prominently placed.