PDA

View Full Version : How Diana Ross Silenced the Doubters

test

jobeterob
09-20-2019, 05:38 PM
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/diana-ross-aint-no-mountain-high-enough-song/

PeaceNHarmony
09-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Interesting little article. And of course our girl has done so for the past 49 years, time after time! No competition game shows for Diana!

Bluebrock
09-21-2019, 02:29 AM
Interesting little article. And of course our girl has done so for the past 49 years, time after time! No competition game shows for Diana!
She has turned down the opportunity to appear on DWTS on numerous occasions including this season.

Ollie9
09-21-2019, 03:11 AM
The fact that "Mountain" lost out on the grammy to "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" is imo ridiculous. At the very least rather odd. Same with "Touch Me In The Morning" and "Upside Down "Who gets to vote for these things??.

jobeterob
09-21-2019, 03:46 AM
Diana’s appeal was too wide and she didn’t appeal narrowly enough to corner votes in niche areas

Ollie9
09-21-2019, 03:51 AM
Diana’s appeal was too wide and she didn’t appeal narrowly enough to corner votes in niche areas

Surely the same could be said of Dionne Warwick at the time?.

jobeterob
09-21-2019, 05:32 AM
I thought Dionne won because she more clearly got the adult contemporary middle of the road votes; Diana was sort of pop, sort of R & B, sort of adult contemporary, somewhat pop Queen, a little bit rock n roll

Ollie9
09-21-2019, 05:59 AM
So much for voting for the best song!!

captainjames
09-21-2019, 10:00 AM
I did like both songs and I love both artists but "REALLY"? ANMHE was definitely the better song that year. Diana took it home that year and dropped the mic. Everyone was floored over that song I remember it well. Most could not believe it was the same song that Tammi and Marvin had done. Honestly, Ashford and Simpson did it very well, it was then that I started to watch A & S closely. I made it a point to buy everything they did.

midnightman
09-21-2019, 10:49 AM
The fact that "Mountain" lost out on the grammy to "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" is imo ridiculous. At the very least rather odd. Same with "Touch Me In The Morning" and "Upside Down "Who gets to vote for these things??.

I agree. The Grammys were too conservative wth? Lol

Motown Eddie
09-21-2019, 11:38 AM
Thanks for sharing the article jobeterob. I love the checking out the uDiscovermusic site for their behind-the-scenes pieces about the songs [[and artists) that we love.

jobeterob
09-21-2019, 12:39 PM
I agree. The Grammys were too conservative wth? Lol

It was almost scandalous in the 60’s and they had few categories

Now they are pretty much down to best orgasm on a recording

midnightman
09-21-2019, 01:27 PM
It was almost scandalous in the 60’s and they had few categories

Now they are pretty much down to best orgasm on a recording

Crazy how stuff has changed lol