PDA

View Full Version : Leon Ware, The Valentine Brothers, Jean Carn & Sheree Brown THANKYOU, THANKYOU

test

wonder_woman
03-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Wow what can I say about these wonderful artists after their incredible performances at the Indigo02 in London last night. This venue brings out the best in vocals and perfect sound system, as Jean Carn said the best venue in the world, boy can those Valentine brothers groove or what "This Kind Of Love is So Special" first time performed live in the UK, and did they perform amazing, Jean Carn what can I say, a sublime voice and performed some of her best hits we loved it, Sheree Brown now she can hit those notes and such a lovely presence on stage, Leon Ware he was OFF THE HOOK, a master of amazing music and 75 years of age! The Giants of Rare Groove 2 just gets bettere and better.................looking forward to the Giants of Rare Groove 3 highly recommended.

MIKEW-UK
03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Wonder woman, who provided the backing for the acts? Was it the same band that backed Leroy Hutson?

PS Are you the Wonder Woman that Lamont Dozier wrote about, as performed by Ben E King and Lawrence Hilton Jacobs? I think we should be told!

wonder_woman
03-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi MIKEW-UK, dont know who provided the backing for the acts & cant recall the backing group for LeRoy Hutson, noticed Leonie was one of the backing singers and she and some of the band members supported Jean Carn & Michael Henderson recently. Looking forward to the next Giants of Rare Groove you coming along Mike?

MIKEW-UK
03-07-2011, 04:11 AM
I checked the O2 website , don't see any scheduled dates this year.... do you have any info?

cheers Mike

wonder_woman
03-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Mike think they mentioned July sometime and details would be announced shortly.

wonder_woman
04-22-2011, 05:56 PM
MikeW, Giants Of Rare Groove just been announced for 29th July 2011 at the Indigo 02, look up the website for artists. Can't go myself.

MIKEW-UK
04-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Patrice Rushen and Kenny Thomas.......I like Patrice, but I think the line up needs additional artists......

wonder_woman
04-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Must admit I was puzzled reading Kenny Thomas was appearing, I would not consider him to be a Giant of Rare Grooves, but a good singer none the less, I am sure he will sing
Crazy World which I like. No doubt more artists will be added, just wish I could go.

MIKEW-UK
04-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Leon Ware, The Valentine Brothers, Jean Carn & Sheree Brown on one bill at the Indigo. That set a gold standard.

No disrespect intended for Patrice or Kenny, just that if they are the only line up, I think sales might fall short given the venue. I am aware that Patrice did shows with some very highly renowned musicians as a form of collective, maybe that's the plan here?

There's a bit of competition in the London area for shows over the next few weeks, what with Bobby Womack, Angie Stone, Impressions, Whispers, Amp Fiddler, Candi Staton and Bettye Lavette. Seems things are starting to get really interesting as far as live shows are concerned.......