PDA

View Full Version : Ok supremes fans..here we go

test

arrr&bee
03-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Ok,let's say[for the sake of whatever]that diana-mary-cindy work out an agreement and do a world tour and let's say they tour for what?? Six months[assuming that diana and mary don't kill each other]and they sell out every venue,how much money do you think would be made from this great reunion??...well ya'll clamering for this so how much we talking here???

randy_russi
03-03-2011, 02:47 PM
That's difficult to say! Return to Love was hurt by large ticket prices; a large touring troupe as well. I don't think they
would do any better than 5,000 attendances in any major city in the U.S.

jobeterob
03-03-2011, 03:32 PM
The concert market is very bad now and was last year; so that is a negative. Even Christina Aguilera suffered cancellations.

But if Diana keeps up the tour and drums up interest like she did with Oprah, that would encourage attendance, prices and sales.

topdiva1
03-03-2011, 03:43 PM
They would in spite of everything make a mint - and at this time and age they should be smart enought to "GO CORPORATE" and make the money. Or as Gordy would say - ".. you better work while you can".

marv2
03-03-2011, 04:32 PM
I say at least $35- 45 million excluding television, video and recording rights.

topdiva1
03-03-2011, 05:26 PM
But would Cindy Birdsong do it - she may be against doing this kind of music now, Although it would be quite good for her spiritual work.

rod_rick
03-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Cindy has stated in recent interviews that she was ready and willing to do it. So it's still up to Diana.

Kamasu_Jr
03-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Hey, how much would DIANA & Cindy get to spend on plastic surgery or BOTOX?
Judging from her recent tour photos, Mary Wilson has obviously had some more work done. Diana is usually curious about what Mary's had done to her face. And if I were them ... I wouldn't want to stand next to her at almost 70 [[Cindy is 71, right?) while she [[ Mary) looks 45 or 50.

What am I saying? I can't believe I got sucked in. There will be no reunion tour.

carlo
03-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Judging from her recent tour photos, Mary Wilson has obviously had some more work done.

Are you kidding? That's not true at all. Plus, that statement you made is just plain tacky and made in poor taste. In discussions like these, it's interesting to point out who the real trouble makers are.

marv2
03-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Are you kidding? That's not true at all. Plus, that statement you made is just plain tacky and made in poor taste. In discussions like these, it's interesting to point out who the real trouble makers are.

Thank you Carlo! Mary Wilson has not had any work done. But it does take a lot of work fending off some of this stuff. Troublemaker is the right name.

jillfoster
03-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Troublemaker is the right name.

Stupid prick is a better one.

jobeterob
03-04-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm sure you guys know this stuff better than I, but how can anyone seriously say that Diana or Mary have not had anything done to their faces?

That's not possible. Look at the Aretha Franklin face next to theirs...........same age, no comparison.

Kamasu is right though............no reunion tour regardless of what anyone thinks.

jillfoster
03-04-2011, 01:20 AM
I'm sure you guys know this stuff better than I, but how can anyone seriously say that Diana or Mary have not had anything done to their faces?

That's not possible. Look at the Aretha Franklin face next to theirs...........same age, no comparison.

Kamasu is right though............no reunion tour regardless of what anyone thinks.

Rob... Aretha's face got all stretched out because of the fat..... and now she's lost the weight when she's old, and her skin has lost is elasticity. Mary and Diana are both a bit heavier than they were when younger, so it fills out and fills in wrinkles....

Kamasu_Jr
03-04-2011, 02:20 AM
i'm sure you guys know this stuff better than i, but how can anyone seriously say that diana or mary have not had anything done to their faces?

That's not possible. Look at the aretha franklin face next to theirs...........same age, no comparison.

Thank you Rob, these pretentious morons are delusional and in denial. No way someone who is almost 70 can look 45 or 50 without having something done, going under the knife or having your photos retouched A LOT. Considering the stress and plain old living that everyone goes through...no one gets through life looking the same way they did 30 years ago or even 8 months ago. I don't care how healthy you are, how well you live or what kind of anti-aging creams or pills you use. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE LINES AND WRINKLES, SAGGING SKIN, DROOPING BODY PARTS, AGE SPOTS and grey hair too. That's a scientific fact. Diana, Mary, even Dionne Warwick, LaToya Jackson, Janet Jackson, Patti Labelle & Stephanie Mills have all had help from the plastic surgeon, BOTOX, the VOODOO doctor or something at some time. IF they haven't, then someone PROVIDE proof that says otherwise. I just stated what is visually obvious to me and what everyone with a working brain already knows. But the Supremes reunion situation is hypothetical, there won't be any reuniting, therefore, no need for any nipping and tucking... so why are some people getting their panties in a bunch? Go take a chill pill and sit ya brainless a-sses down somewhere.

copley
03-04-2011, 05:00 AM
Now who was it that said 'read my lips'? It ain't ever ever ever gonna happen. There is less chance of a reunion than Frank Sinatra making a comeback!

randy_russi
03-04-2011, 09:54 AM
I wouldn't print it on the front page of the daily news, but I would certainly have surgery done. When your house needs to
be painted, you paint it, right? There's no shame in it at all. Of course, choose the right doc as we've all seen the
plasic surgery nightmares.

Motown_M_1056
03-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I wouldn't print it on the front page of the daily news, but I would certainly have surgery done. When your house needs to
be painted, you paint it, right? There's no shame in it at all. Of course, choose the right doc as we've all seen the
plasic surgery nightmares.

I agree. It's no big deal and most celebrities and everyday people are having things done to make them look better. Kam is absolutely right. Common sense, old photos, your own memory and your eyes should tell you that all of the people he named have been under the knife, taken a Botox needle, shampooed in some Clarol or been to see the voodoo doctor [[another funny one, Kam!) at some point. It's expected.

carlo
03-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Thank you Rob, these dumb, pretentious m-----f----rs are delusional and in denial. No way someone who is almost 70 can look 45 or 50 without having something done, going under the knife or having your photos retouched A LOT. Considering the stress and plain old living that everyone goes through...no one gets through life looking the same way they did 30 years ago or even 8 months ago. I don't care how healthy you are, how well you live or what kind of anti-aging creams or pills you use. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE LINES AND WRINKLES, SAGGING SKIN, DROOPING BODY PARTS, AGE SPOTS and grey hair too. That's a scientific fact. Diana, Mary, even Dionne Warwick, LaToya Jackson, Janet Jackson, Patti Labelle & Stephanie Mills have all had help from the plastic surgeon, BOTOX, the VOODOO doctor or something at some time. IF they haven't, then someone PROVIDE proof that says otherwise. I just stated what is visually obvious to me and what everyone with a working brain already knows. But the Supremes reunion situation is hypothetical, there won't be any reuniting, therefore, no need for any nipping and tucking... so why are some people getting their panties in a bunch? Go take a chill pill and sit ya brainless a-sses down somewhere.

Oh wow. What a real mature response with name calling and everything. I don't even need to say any more. You've shown your true colours. As I previously said, "tasteless".

Motown_M_1056
03-04-2011, 10:18 AM
oh wow. What a real mature response with name calling and everything. I don't even need to say any more. You've shown your true colours. As i previously said, "tasteless".

Ignore them if they can't take a joke, Kam. Joan Rivers is not the only celebrity to have been to a plastic surgeon. She's the only one to openly admit it. Grow up, kids.

carlo
03-04-2011, 10:25 AM
In my opinion, plastic surgery is a personal matter. While Joan Rivers is very open about the treatment she has received, others have not been open about it. I don't think it's our business to be discussing it. It's poor taste. I also don't see how the topic is relevant to this discussion or this MUSIC FORUM for that matter. Ridiculous.

A person can look good without the assistance of plastic surgery. All of these comments made by Kamasu are unfounded. He doesn't know if they had help anymore than I do. So you might as well quit talking about this ridiculous topic while you're still ahead of the game.

The name calling is also uncalled for. Whatever happened to respectfully disagreeing? I guess some people are too immature for that. Maybe he's the one that needs to grow up.

Motown_M_1056
03-04-2011, 10:36 AM
In my opinion, plastic surgery is a personal matter. While Joan Rivers is very open about the treatment she has received, others have not been open about it. I don't think it's our business to be discussing it. It's poor taste. I also don't see how the topic is relevant to this discussion or this MUSIC FORUM for that matter. Ridiculous.

A person can look good without the assistance of plastic surgery. All of these comments made by Kamasu are unfounded. He doesn't know if they had help anymore than I do. So you might as well quit talking about this ridiculous topic while you're still ahead of the game.

Are you serious? People have discussed practically every small and many intimate details about the Supremes, Aretha Franklin and other musicians on this forum. I don't see why one can't make a comment about plastic surgery. It comes with show business territory. Ridiculous topic my aunt Fanny. There will be no Supremes' reunion anytime soon so you don't have to worry about your divas getting nipped and tucked. Also, Kamasu is and was not the first to call someone a name in this thread or on the forum, so go tell your cronies on the forum...the ones that you usually kiss up to - to grow up. As Kamasu noted, if you can prove any of the singers he mentioned hasn't had any physical enhancements or changes done... then prove it!

topdiva1
03-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Now a days it is usually just major retouching and old airbrushing of the publicy photo. Some botox and fillers perhaps - but some people just age well.

It is a blessing.

luke
03-04-2011, 11:33 AM
I'd say $30 million, though maybe more as Europe and Japan tend to really appreciate icons.

marv2
03-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Are you serious? People have discussed practically every small and many intimate details about the Supremes, Aretha Franklin and other musicians on this forum. I don't see why one can't make a comment about plastic surgery.

Because it doesn't have anything to do with the subject of this thread! This thread that Arrr&Beee started out with a hypothetical question of how much money would a Supremes Reunion make! To start calling forum members :
"pretentious morons that are delusional and in denial" is insulting no matter how you try to defend it. We are all here on the same forum/site. To have Kamasu tell us that we do not have working brains and to "sit ya brainless a-sses down somewhere." Is insulting. It also rather strange when you consider that he is the one on this thread that has strayed very far from it's subject!

Marv

Kamasu_Jr
03-04-2011, 12:14 PM
A Supremes tour at this point would make nothing. Everyone now says the ball is in Diana's court. I hope she continues to play elsewhere or play by herself. She truly does not need her former partners at this point. Hope that was on topic for ya!

dickiemint
03-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Again, if this should ever happen, they would be better off with a one off TV Special, or documentary, involving All surviving Supremes, and gage the public response from there, to see if there is a call to see these 8, 60+ year old ladies in tight sequined dresses singing 40+ year old songs, I know that there are the hard core fans who would go and see this tour but the concert going public of today are too young to even know who the Supremes were.
The TV documentary route work for Take That as the first step on their comeback trail, and now they have the biggest selling album of the last year and the fastest selling tour in UK history.

Motown_M_1056
03-04-2011, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=marv2;39712]Because it doesn't have anything to do with the subject of this thread! This thread that Arrr&Beee started out with a hypothetical question of how much money would a Supremes Reunion make! To start calling forum members :
"pretentious morons that are delusional and in denial" is insulting no matter how you try to defend it. We are all here on the same forum/site. To have Kamasu tell us that we do not have working brains and to "sit ya brainless a-sses down somewhere." Is insulting. It also rather strange when you consider that he is the one on this thread that has strayed very far from it's subject!

Like I suggested to Carlo, go talk or preach to your friends about name calling and insults first...The hypocrisy on the forum today is astonishing...... GEEWHIZ.

randy_russi
03-04-2011, 12:25 PM
True, but so many of her fans want to see her reunite with her former partners and after Return to Love it will only work if
it is with Mary and Cindy. However, as I stated above, they wouldn't pull the big 8 to 10 thousand seat arenas. I would
say about 5 thousand in major cities. Also I wouldn't want a big production of dancers and additional backup singers,
like on RTL.
In their heyday it was just the three Supremes doing the vocals. And if it is going to happen they've got like to get it
together ASAP.

Motown_M_1056
03-04-2011, 12:31 PM
True, but so many of her fans want to see her reunite with her former partners and after Return to Love it will only work if
it is with Mary and Cindy. However, as I stated above, they wouldn't pull the big 8 to 10 thousand seat arenas. I would
say about 5 thousand in major cities. Also I wouldn't want a big production of dancers and additional backup singers,
like on RTL.
In their heyday it was just the three Supremes doing the vocals. And if it is going to happen they've got like to get it
together ASAP.

OK that last comment was an acknowledgement about continued aging and maybe death. You know some people can't take comments about plastic surgery. God forbid them hearing about time running out for a Supremes reunion. LMAO

marv2
03-04-2011, 12:32 PM
like on RTL.
together ASAP.

That is true. No additional help. There are enough Baby Boomers still around to fill up the seats, trust me.

marv2
03-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Again, if this should ever happen, they would be better off with a one off TV Special, or documentary, involving All surviving Supremes, and gage the public response from there, to see if there is a call to see these 8, 60+ year old ladies in tight sequined dresses singing 40+ year old songs, I know that there are the hard core fans who would go and see this tour but the concert going public of today are too young to even know who the Supremes were.
The TV documentary route work for Take That as the first step on their comeback trail, and now they have the biggest selling album of the last year and the fastest selling tour in UK history.

Dickiemint, good idea. I'd also add that Mary and Diana are still touring at this very moment and bringing in audiences. There is a market out there for this among Baby Boomers.

Roberta75
03-04-2011, 12:52 PM
like on RTL.
together ASAP.

While I am somewhat reluctant to chime in to another Supremes reunion thread, I do have to say I just don't ever see this happening. Cindy Birdsong will be 72 this year and hasn't sang publicly in years.

I would like to see a TV documentary on the Supremes with all living Supremes, including Miss Barbara martin, participating. That would suffice.

I'd also like to add that I pray God continues to bless each surviving lady who sang in the Supremes.

Roberta.

luke
03-04-2011, 06:41 PM
If Tina and the Stones can do it so can the Supremes! The original question is how much they could earn--maybe it will never happen but it's interesting to speculate! Why should entertainers not entertain as they get older?? Wilson puts on a great show and Ross is getting good reviews.

captainjames
03-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Since I don't think you will get them on stage again, how about showing some of their famous concerts [["Farewell") and having them discuss at their homes and talking to each other. I still don't think its a good idea putting them on stage again.

supreme_lady
03-05-2011, 04:07 AM
I shake my head in diesbelieve and amazing whenever I come across yet another Supremes thread on this board.
The haters here can't stand Diana and bash her at every opportunity they get, yet they want her to reunite with Mary and Cindy, WHY?????? to boost Mary and Cindy's financial/ career suituation, other than that, I don't see a reason why those who seem to hate Diana so much wants her to agree to a Supremes reunion.
My question is if Diana agreed to a reunion, will the haters then decide that they did like Diana after all and that they only hate her all along because she left the Supremes to have a sucessful career on her own????? but if she decides to reunite with Mary and Cindy, they would decide that they liked her all along.
Don't make no sense to me.:[[ what are the motive of the haters??? and why are they so desperate for Diana to reunite with her ex group members????
That is what I like to know.

theboyfromxtown
03-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Supreme-lady

This is a music forum and although there is a clear association by virtue of the music, it might be better to put your questions before a different forum where there is a wider and more concentrated audience of knowledgeable Supremes fans.

robbert
03-05-2011, 11:10 AM
John, WHERE can I find that forum ?

carlo
03-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Also, Kamasu is and was not the first to call someone a name in this thread or on the forum, so go tell your cronies on the forum...the ones that you usually kiss up to - to grow up.

I'm not going to waste any more of my time. I don't need to defend myself. My reputation in this thread and in general speaks for itself. I recognize others have been less than ideal in this discussion [[in addition to Kamasu), but that's their problem/choice, not mine. Sorry sir, but you do not know who my friends are. I'll leave it at that.

carlo
03-05-2011, 10:02 PM
While I am somewhat reluctant to chime in to another Supremes reunion thread, I do have to say I just don't ever see this happening. Cindy Birdsong will be 72 this year and hasn't sang publicly in years.

I would like to see a TV documentary on the Supremes with all living Supremes, including Miss Barbara martin, participating. That would suffice.

At this point, I don't even care about whether a Supremes reunion tour happens. I think it's too late for that. But to even see the three of them onstage together for a few minutes...even if it just meant accepting an award together, would be nice. I'm not sure if Diana would object to standing onstage with Mary for 60 seconds to even just accept an award? They share a significant legacy, one that changed history. Diana even acknowledged that at the BET Awards by thanking Mary. So regardless of whatever has gone on between them or who's to blame for what...I think they need to get together, even if it means just standing on stage for a Lifetime Achievement Award...so they can recognize that legacy and be honoured for it TOGETHER. It almost happened a few years ago. This was when Rhonda came to represent her mother. Hopefully the opportunity will come again.

I agree, I would also like to see a documentary.

robbert
03-05-2011, 10:42 PM
On the plastic surgery.
It's my honest opinion that Diana has had her skin done to make her look more 'white'. Also, her nose is so much smaller than in earlier days, so is her mouth. It seems to me she even had had smaller tooth implants than her original size, to fit her smaller mouth. Cleverly done, though. I don't imagine this, I just compare lots of her photos and vids from the sixties & seventies to the ones in the eighties/nineties/2000 up till now.
What I don't like is the fact that she looks so much less 'black' than she was. Her black features have changed, just a little too much IMO.

Don't shoot the messenger! On Oprah it was so obvious, again. Her face, the neck, the bare shoulders, the arms, so pale.
Maybe it's the beauty goal for black women in the US, but I like the way Mary [[among others) has had her features done a lot better. Or Dionne Warwick. Also Cindy and the other Supremes members have aged graciously without too many changes in their 'black features'. I love them for it.

Compare the aging of fifties sexbom Brigitte Bardot. She always refused to have her face done.

http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.celebs-wallpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/brigitte-bardot.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.celebs-wallpaper.com/archives/brigitte-bardot-biography/&h=322&w=374&sz=13&tbnid=m-6IXJYN3U5Z8M:&tbnh=105&tbnw=122&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbrigitte%2Bbardot%2Bpictures&zoom=1&q=brigitte+bardot+pictures&usg=__1opBts_-UJd4-TzofIaHlOh1uqY=&sa=X&ei=FfNyTd6lBNCKswa094iEDg&ved=0CDcQ9QEwBw

http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wereldburgers.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Portret-brigitte-bardot.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wereldburgers.tv/2009/11/20/bardot-in-actie-tegen-religieuze-massaslachting/&h=305&w=456&sz=30&tbnid=JYwPWOVVVF-a3M:&tbnh=86&tbnw=128&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbrigitte%2Bbardot%2Bpictures&zoom=1&q=brigitte+bardot+pictures&usg=__xi_zuy99MzwOaKRTaMR4qzWZK4Y=&sa=X&ei=FfNyTd6lBNCKswa094iEDg&ved=0CCsQ9QEwAQ

Roberta75
03-05-2011, 11:27 PM
On the plastic surgery.
It's my honest opinion that Diana has had her skin done to make her look more 'white'. Also, her nose is so much smaller than in earlier days, so is her mouth. It seems to me she even had had smaller tooth implants than her original size, to fit her smaller mouth. Cleverly done, though. I don't imagine this, I just compare lots of her photos and vids from the sixties & seventies to the ones in the eighties/nineties/2000 up till now.
What I don't like is the fact that she looks so much less 'black' than she was. Her black features have changed, just a little too much IMO.

Don't shoot the messenger! On Oprah it was so obvious, again. Her face, the neck, the bare shoulders, the arms, so pale.
Maybe it's the beauty goal for black women in the US, but I like the way Mary [[among others) has had her features done a lot better. Or Dionne Warwick. Also Cindy and the other Supremes members have aged graciously without too many changes in their 'black features'. I love them for it.

Compare the aging of fifties sexbom Brigitte Bardot. She always refused to have her face done.

http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.celebs-wallpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/brigitte-bardot.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.celebs-wallpaper.com/archives/brigitte-bardot-biography/&h=322&w=374&sz=13&tbnid=m-6IXJYN3U5Z8M:&tbnh=105&tbnw=122&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbrigitte%2Bbardot%2Bpictures&zoom=1&q=brigitte+bardot+pictures&usg=__1opBts_-UJd4-TzofIaHlOh1uqY=&sa=X&ei=FfNyTd6lBNCKswa094iEDg&ved=0CDcQ9QEwBw

http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wereldburgers.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Portret-brigitte-bardot.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wereldburgers.tv/2009/11/20/bardot-in-actie-tegen-religieuze-massaslachting/&h=305&w=456&sz=30&tbnid=JYwPWOVVVF-a3M:&tbnh=86&tbnw=128&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbrigitte%2Bbardot%2Bpictures&zoom=1&q=brigitte+bardot+pictures&usg=__xi_zuy99MzwOaKRTaMR4qzWZK4Y=&sa=X&ei=FfNyTd6lBNCKswa094iEDg&ved=0CCsQ9QEwAQ

I recently attended a Diana Ross concert and have to disagree with your 'less black' comment robbert. She looks lighter on TV and on stage from lighting and makeup but in real life her skin is the same color it always was.

Roberta

Roberta75
03-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Miss Bardot just looks like a normal 75 year old woman and there is nothing wrong with that.

skooldem1
03-05-2011, 11:34 PM
I recently attended a Diana Ross concert and have to disagree with your 'less black' comment robbert. She looks lighter on TV and on stage from lighting and makeup but in real life her skin is the same color it always was.

Roberta

I'd have to agree. In person, Diana Ross is still "Mahogany".

robbert
03-05-2011, 11:43 PM
I referred to Miss Bardot, just because I like her 'normal' aging very much.
I haven't seen Diana in person since 1973, so on her skin color I may be deluded by the lights on tv and on stage.
But I stick to my opinion regarding the departure of her negroid 'features'. It's a simple antropological statement, no more.

midnightman
03-06-2011, 01:33 AM
JESUS EFFING CHRIST, can we let these women grow old gracefully without worrying about a reunion?