PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Franklin Cancels Concert Due to Fall

test

GeeTee(HPK)
08-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Singer Aretha Franklin had to cancel two free concerts in Brooklyn,due to a fall that broken her ribs,and cause abdominal pain. Ms. Franklin fell on Sunday,and has to reschedule the concerts,including a birthday party for Congressman Charles Rangel.

Get well Queen
http://www.eurweb.com/?p=40981

jobeterob
08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
CNN

Music
Celebrity News
[[CNN) -- Legendary soul singer Aretha Franklin has canceled two free concerts in New York because of an injury, according to a statement issued by her publicists Wednesday.

"Due to fractured ribs and pain in the abdomen, it was necessary for Ms. Franklin to cancel and reschedule the two concerts," said the statement from spokeswoman Gwendolyn Quinn. Franklin's doctors have advised her to come in for tests immediately, the statement said.

Efforts are being made to reschedule the concerts at the end of August, Quinn said.

"I was very much looking forward to being in Brooklyn and having a foot-long hot dog at Coney Island," Franklin said in the statement. "Hopefully I will get it before the end of August."

Franklin, 68, also noted, "I will really miss that nice slice of cake from Congressman Charlie Rangel's birthday party and singing 'Happy Birthday' to him."

Franklin, dubbed the "Queen of Soul," was scheduled to perform at Rangel's 80th birthday party on August 11, the statement said.

The two scheduled performances in Brooklyn were part of a concert series presented by Marty Markowitz, president of Brooklyn borough, Quinn said. The shows were scheduled for Wingate Field in East Flatbush on August 9, and Asser Levy Park in Brighton Beach on August 12. They were to be Franklin's first concerts in Brooklyn, the statement said.

jobeterob
08-04-2010, 11:29 AM
What I liked about the article is it mainly talked about how Aretha was going to eat soon - foot long hotdogs and cake! Good old Aretha - she is what she is, she's kind of bitchy at times and if we don't like it, we can kiss her butt.

ladyvanaye
08-04-2010, 11:38 AM
You know...Im just pissed now. I have my camcorder charging from last week... :) ...waiting for her. Every time she is scheduled to come here, something happens! Well I hope The Queen heals - and returns another day. God Bless Aretha, long heal the Queen...:)

jtf1972
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
I'll Say a Little Prayer for her & hope she gets to see Dr. Feelgood.

As far as whether the tub will make it... Ain't No Way.

KevLo
08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi this is Kev-Lo

I heard this on the News this morning. I hope she gets better

captainjames
08-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Got nothing but love for Aretha and hope she gets plenty of rest and heals soon.

marv2
08-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Darn it! I was very much looking forward to seeing Aretha again. Was even going to go over Nathan's with her. Get well soon Queen and come by here as soon you can!

Marv