PDA

View Full Version : Dolemite is my name official trailor

test

glencro
08-20-2019, 05:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws1YIKsuTjQ

marv2
08-20-2019, 07:22 PM
I remember going to see Dolemite movies at the drive in with my buddies. We'd have to sneak to see them. LOL!

Optimal Saint
08-21-2019, 09:56 PM
I remember going to see Dolemite movies at the drive in with my buddies. We'd have to sneak to see them. LOL!

You should sneak in to see this one too, for old times sake

marv2
08-21-2019, 10:27 PM
You should sneak in to see this one too, for old times sake

I'm too old now to go sneaking LOL! But I do plan on seeing it.

nysister
08-22-2019, 11:30 AM

I never saw his movies, but my friend's mother had his comedy album, [[he was naked on the cover), everybody was listening to that album. At that time, portable record players were the thing, so we would sneak and listen to that nasty album. LOL!

midnightman
08-22-2019, 12:25 PM
Great trailer. Wonder if Eddie can get another Oscar nod from this.

marv2
08-22-2019, 12:47 PM
I never saw his movies, but my friend's mother had his comedy album, [[he was naked on the cover), everybody was listening to that album. At that time, portable record players were the thing, so we would sneak and listen to that nasty album. LOL!

Nysister Yep! We listened to my father's Dolemite album and my buddy's father had one by LaWanda Page aka "Aunt Esther" from Sanford and Son........whew! LOL!

Jerry Oz
08-23-2019, 07:06 PM
My dad had a LaWanda Page album. She was filthy! Also had records by Redd Foxx, Pigmeat Markham and Doug Clark & The Hot Nuts that were not safe to be played on Sundays. Dolemite movies were so bad, you had to enjoy them. I know people who honestly regard them as high cinema! This movie looks like it will have a highly specific audience demographic.