PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Wilson "Gold" budget 3CD compilation [[Crimson UK) 9/20/2019

test

Motown Eddie
08-19-2019, 01:44 PM
Description
Crimson Productions presents Jackie Wilson 'Gold', the only Jackie Wilson compilation you'll ever need. From the mid-'50s through to the early '70s, Jackie Wilson was a consistent hit-maker and master showman, known as one of the most dynamic singers in American R&B. Amongst his dazzling record of 54 US Hot 100 and 49 R&B singles chart entries, he is best known for '[[Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher' which has gone on to become a soul anthem. In recent years, his legacy has continued to grow with Rolling Stone Magazine ranking Wilson as #69 on its list of the '100 Greatest Artists Of All Time'. With 60 tracks, this new 'Gold' title features a comprehensive overview of Jackie Wilson's career across 3CDs, packed full of hits and fan favourites including '[[Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher', 'The Sweetest Feeling' and the UK number one single, 'Reet Petite'.

Tracklist
TBA

Amazon USA
Available for pre-order soon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WVKCNF4/?tag=imwan-20

Amazon UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WVKCNF4/?tag=imwan-21

daviddesper
08-19-2019, 04:54 PM
As I have said in other threads, "Keep these releases coming!" This is one I will likely buy because I am not sure that I have a truly comprehensive Jackie collection.

Bluebrock
08-20-2019, 02:47 AM
Description
Crimson Productions presents Jackie Wilson 'Gold', the only Jackie Wilson compilation you'll ever need. From the mid-'50s through to the early '70s, Jackie Wilson was a consistent hit-maker and master showman, known as one of the most dynamic singers in American R&B. Amongst his dazzling record of 54 US Hot 100 and 49 R&B singles chart entries, he is best known for '[[Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher' which has gone on to become a soul anthem. In recent years, his legacy has continued to grow with Rolling Stone Magazine ranking Wilson as #69 on its list of the '100 Greatest Artists Of All Time'. With 60 tracks, this new 'Gold' title features a comprehensive overview of Jackie Wilson's career across 3CDs, packed full of hits and fan favourites including '[[Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher', 'The Sweetest Feeling' and the UK number one single, 'Reet Petite'.

Tracklist
TBA

Amazon USA
Available for pre-order soon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WVKCNF4/?tag=imwan-20

Amazon UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WVKCNF4/?tag=imwan-21
These compilations are coming thick and fast! This one looks pretty essential. I have several compilations on Jackie, but i have little doubt i shall be buying this one too.

TomatoTom123
08-21-2019, 05:38 AM
This does look pretty good!

Motown Eddie
08-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Tracklist for Jackie Wilson Gold:

[CD1]
1. [[Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher
2. I Get The Sweetest Feeling
3. Reet Petite
4. Uptight [[Everything Is Alright) With Count Basie
5. Whispers [[Gettin' Louder)
6. I Don't Want To Lose You
7. The Who Who Song
8. Lonely Teardrops
9. Baby Workout
10. I've Lost You
11. No Pity [[In The Naked City)
12. To Make A Big Man Cry
13. Light My Fire
14. Because Of You
15. Somebody Up There Likes You
16. To Be Loved
17. I Found Love With Linda Hopkins
18. Think Twice With Lavern Baker
19. The New Breed
20. The Greatest Hurt

[CD2]
1. Don't Burn No Bridges With The Chi-lites
2. You Left The Fire Burning
3. [[I Can Feel Those Vibrations) This Love Is Real
4. You Got Me Walking
5. Shake A Leg
6. [[Why Don't You) Do Your Thing
7. Chain Gang With Count Basie
8. This Guy's In Love With You
9. A Lovely Way To Die
10. Fairest Of Them All
11. Helpless
12. Just Be Sincere
13. Love Uprising
14. Just Call My Name
15. I Believe I'll Love On
16. Since You Showed Me How To Be Happy
17. It's All Over
18. What'cha Gonna Do About Love
19. You Brought About A Change In Me
20. The Girl Turned Me On

[CD3]
1. Brand New Thing
2. 3 Days, 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
3. Soul Galore
4. New Girl In Town
5. Baby That's All
6. Shake A Hand With Linda Hopkins
7. I'm Coming On Back To You
8. Big Boss Line
9. Doggin' Around
10. I Just Can't Help It
11. She's All Right
12. I'll Be Satisfied
13. You Better Know It
14. Talk That Talk
15. My Empty Arms
16. Am I The Man
17. The Tear Of The Year
18. Please Tell Me Why
19. Call Her Up
20. That's Why [[I Love You So)

TomatoTom123
08-22-2019, 01:17 PM
For some reason I thought it would be in chronological order, but no, its all over the place! Lol